The Other Sports Thread (Titans, Vols, Dores, etc) - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
It shouldn't be. This is an absolute embarrassment/disaster/aberration...choose your adjective.

We need to clean house from top to bottom. Get leadership in place and players that are fully committed.
Started that process partway through qualifications by FINALLY giving Klinsmann the heave-ho, but it's going to take a while to undo the "**** America; only Euro-trained players allowed" damage he did domestically.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
The U.S. has probably the easiest road to make the World Cup and they couldn't even do that. Literally the only thing they have to do is finish ahead of whichever two are better between Panama, Canada, Honduras and Guatemala. Pretty much the only thing they had to do last night to clinch at least a playoff against Australia was get one point against Trinidad & Tobago. Absolutely no offense to T&T but a country of nearly 350 million should have enough players to get a point against a country of 1.3 million. They couldn't do that. They can't win in Mexico. They can't win in Central America. Their coach had to the balls a day before the loss that "he would love to see some hot shot European teams come over here."

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
a country of nearly 350 million should have enough players to get a point against a country of 1.3 million
See above re: damage Klinsmann did. When all your "marquee stars" are the equivalent of one-and-dones in the domestic league that nobody except the hardcore soccer fans have had a chance to hear of, it makes it that much harder to give a damn or find guys who inspire kids to be the next great in that sport. We should be much better - we have the resources to do it - but we were being led by a guy who wanted to keep the USA permanently playing third fiddle to Europe and South America rather than trying to become a power in our own right.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
The U.S. has probably the easiest road to make the World Cup and they couldn't even do that. Literally the only thing they have to do is finish ahead of whichever two are better between Panama, Canada, Honduras and Guatemala. Pretty much the only thing they had to do last night to clinch at least a playoff against Australia was get one point against Trinidad & Tobago. Absolutely no offense to T&T but a country of nearly 350 million should have enough players to get a point against a country of 1.3 million. They couldn't do that. They can't win in Mexico. They can't win in Central America. Their coach had to the balls a day before the loss that "he would love to see some hot shot European teams come over here."

Saw a note that there were 27 possible W/L/D/goals scenarios last night in World Cup play. Only 1 scenario out of those 27 would result in the U.S. being eliminated.

1 out of 27

And that one is exactly what happened

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Saw a note that there were 27 possible W/L/D/goals scenarios last night in World Cup play. Only 1 scenario out of those 27 would result in the U.S. being eliminated.

1 out of 27

And that one is exactly what happened

The real story is that the US team should not have been in that position to begin with. Coach K was a train wreck.

BTW, the US won in Mexico in 2012 2-1. This year it was a 1-1 draw and in 2013, the previous time that they played in Mexico, it was a 0-0 draw, so they have had recent success down there AF24, by going 1-0-2 in the last three games in Mexico. The key is zero losses in 5 years.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
If the Titans lose big tomorrow, does their Head Coach get fired? Does the win over Seattle extend his time?

You mean WHEN the Titans lose tomorrow. It's the Colts, it really doesn't matter what the circumstances are, it seems like we never beat the Colts or Texans.

Also, IDK what's in the water in this state, but everyone (football) is struggling right now.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
You mean WHEN the Titans lose tomorrow. It's the Colts, it really doesn't matter what the circumstances are, it seems like we never beat the Colts or Texans.

Also, IDK what's in the water in this state, but everyone (football) is struggling right now.
If they can't beat this Colts team then it's never going to happen. But they will always find a way to lose. Mariota will have one of his usual 4 Turnover games and a couple will be pick 6's and they will blow it again. The Sam Darnold era can't begin fast enough for me. I was willing to give Mariota a chance but he's never going to be a productive QB. I don't know if it's him or the coaching.

Memphis and Austin Peay are doing OK!!
What's wrong is coaching, Jones recruits to Alabama levels and coaches to Vanderbilt levels. Mularkey is exactly what his name means. Mason is the best of the 3 which is not a complement BTW. It's great for the Predators though that means everyone basically can start watching hockey and forget about those teams for a while since they are going nowhere but the cellar.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Darnold has as many interceptions this year in 7 games against college defenses as Mariota had all of last year against pros. Granted I don't like SC but still.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
If they can't beat this Colts team then it's never going to happen. But they will always find a way to lose. Mariota will have one of his usual 4 Turnover games and a couple will be pick 6's and they will blow it again. The Sam Darnold era can't begin fast enough for me. I was willing to give Mariota a chance but he's never going to be a productive QB. I don't know if it's him or the coaching.
Care to list these "usual 4 turnover" games? I can remember maybe one his rookie year when he was running for his life.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
He has 4 pick sixes in 32 games, so other than just consistently predicting failure for the sake of being right once or twice a year, I wouldn't be worried about pick sixes

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
He has 4 pick sixes in 32 games, so other than just consistently predicting failure for the sake of being right once or twice a year, I wouldn't be worried about pick sixes
Aaron Rodgers hasn’t had 4 in his entire career. I doubt Tom Brady has either. Why should I not predict failure that’s the only thing this team does well? I don’t expect then to do anything but get housed tonight because they can not beat the Colts.
Colts 45 Titans 9
After getting smoked by the Browns next week maybe they will make some changes.
Anyway I will probably be watching the Astros and Yankees tonight!!!

Last edited:

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Aaron Rodgers hasn’t had 4 in his entire career. I doubt Tom Brady has either. Why should I not predict failure that’s the only thing this team does well? I don’t expect then to do anything but get housed tonight because they can not beat the Colts.
Colts 45 Titans 9
After getting smoked by the Browns next week maybe they will make some changes.
Anyway I will probably be watching the Astros and Yankees tonight!!!
It would be amazing if there was an easy way to fact check things, like this, oh wait.....

Tom Brady has had 12 pick 6.
Bret Farve 31 (NFL record)
Aaron Rodgers 2
Peyton Manning had 27

So pretty much everything you posted was wrong, but when it comes to football, I expect that.....

Reactions: Viqsi

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
It would be amazing if there was an easy way to fact check things, like this, oh wait.....

Tom Brady has had 12 pick 6.
Bret Farve 31 (NFL record)
Aaron Rodgers 2
Peyton Manning had 27

So pretty much everything you posted was wrong, but when it comes to football, I expect that.....
So he's already ahead of most of them. 4 in less than 2 seasons WOW that is 2 a season and if he plays 15 years (he'll be lucky to last 5) then he'd come close to Farve's record.

Why is local ABC (WKRN) airing the Titans game? It’s on ESPN already.
Part of the original deal with Cable that all games must air on local TV. IT goes all the way back to TBS and ESPN having Sunday night football

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
The more I watch this team the more I think it's possible that it's the coaching that's bad and not Mariota. Some of these play calls are questionable at best. Maybe the next coach is calling the game tonight.

Finally grab momentum and don't kick it out of the end zone and give up a long return

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad