The Other Sports Thread (Titans, Vols, Dores, etc) - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Finally!!!!
I said I would start to believe in Mariota when he beat the Colts. So I guess I will start to believe, he had another pick 6 but recovered and lead the team to a critical win. He has to protect the ball better but overall a good tough game from him and a good win for the Titans. I hated the Colts even when they had Manning but I really hated them for tanking a season and getting Luck.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Finally!!!!
I said I would start to believe in Mariota when he beat the Colts. So I guess I will start to believe, he had another pick 6 but recovered and lead the team to a critical win. He has to protect the ball better but overall a good tough game from him and a good win for the Titans. I hated the Colts even when they had Manning but I really hated them for tanking a season and getting Luck.
Simmer down now. We can't have you with TOO much optimism.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Simmer down now. We can't have you with TOO much optimism.
Too much Vandy fan in me. I always think the worst is going to happen and hope for the best.

This might be the best game I have seen him play.

And thanks to 21 points from Succop my fantasy team won LOL

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Well it was no secret I was down on the Titans this week. But that final score looks great!

The defense came through tonight, but the Indy QB was a big part of that, he was just not good at all. The first half offense was very bland, but they figured it out a bit in the second half/4th quarter and finally came up on the right side of the Colts and in the national spotlight! Hopefully they use this as a springboard game, nobody is running away with the division so just keep chipping away at the W column and see where things go.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
So stats to chew on.

Last year 34 QB's lost at least one fumble. Jameis Winston and Blake Bortles led the NFL with 6. Mariota had 5 but Luck, Manning, Bradford and Rivers also had 5. Brees, Prescott, Rodgers, Smith and Palmer had 4. So while he was close to leading the league in fumbles, it's not like he had 10 and other good QBs had like 3 or 4. If you have the ball a lot, you're going to fumble sometimes, it's the nature of the beast. He tied with Cam Newton for the lead in 2015 but Matt Ryan had 5 and Palmer, Cousins, Rodgers and Eli had 4. Sometimes an offensive lineman misses a block and the QB is hit and fumbles. Sometimes he's trying to make a play and holding on a little too loosely and gets stripped.

BTW, since being in the NFL Mariota has a career 2.36 INT%. That's better than Eli Manning, Ryan Tannehill, Phillip Rivers, Cam Newton, Joe Flacco, Jameis Winston, Andrew Luck and Ben Roethlisberger and compares favorable to Carson Palmer and Matt Ryan. So this idea that Mariota is a turnover machine simply isn't true.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
mariota isn't the problem. he's a legit NFL QB. everything is there for the titans to succeed. but let's not act like luck wasn't out and this isn't the colts team that we are use to beating us. the division is ours if we want it. watson looks damn good in houston though.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I was at the game last night so didn't have a chance to hear the analysis. Apparently Gruden was ripping/blaming Murray for the pick 6. His sole job was supposedly to engage and disrupt that LB. Instead, he held up short allowing the LB free reign to do whatever. Of course the typical football way is to always blame the QB if a pick happens.

Speaking of which, has anyone noticed that Mariota is pick 6 cursed? We like to use regression in hockey and at some point that has to work in Mariota's favor in regards to pick 6 luck. Not sure how many of you guys watched Tampa Bay/Arizona but there was a play where Fitzpatrick threw a pick on his own 1 and somehow the defender didn't get into the end zone. It was a perfect example of the anti-Mariota universal pick 6 bias.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Also, it sure would be nice to have a Jamal Adams/Other on our roster instead of Corey Davis.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
The defense needs better overall personnel across the board. LeBeau didn't suddenly forget how to coach. That said, whatever you wanna say about a depleted Colts team the D stepped up when it mattered. I don't think the offense is as much of a concern. They had the dud against Houston when nothing went right and the Cassel-led team predictably wasn't gonna score much but the offense has proven to be pretty consistent. There's so much parity in the NFL this season that I wouldn't look too much into seeing the team at 3-3 right now. (But if they lose to the Browns Sunday then there are problems)

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
The rest of the country is singing his praises but Gnashville still can't be convinced how good Marcus is. Won the game with 0 mobility.
I posted that right after that happened, I later gave him credit for coming back from it and getting the win and his toughness for playing hurt. They got the Colts monkey off their back and have to get better on defense. Good effort all around except for the coaching 1st and goal at the 5 and they get cute, kicking it short and allowing a long return after gaining momentum, Butch Jones level they only need the trash can on the sidelines.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I'm not trying to get on one side of an opinion or another but I just liked these stats that I saw this morning.

Marcus Mariota under pressure tonight:
7 for 8
145 yards
18.1 Yards/Attempt
1 TD
158.3 passer rating

(How does embedding tweets work on here now these days?)

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
I'm not trying to get on one side of an opinion or another but I just liked these stats that I saw this morning.

Marcus Mariota under pressure tonight:
7 for 8
145 yards
18.1 Yards/Attempt
1 TD
158.3 passer rating

(How does embedding tweets work on here now these days?)
if you are browsing twitter from say safari, just copy the URL and paste it into a reply and it should do all the work

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Hey, y'all. Remember that whole MLS bid thing?

Get out while you still can. They're ****ing Columbus raw. Precourt is basically pulling the same sort of "nah, I never really wanted to keep the team here" BS Balsillie tried here, and Don Garber is backing him on it.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Hey, y'all. Remember that whole MLS bid thing?

Get out while you still can. They're ****ing Columbus raw. Precourt is basically pulling the same sort of "nah, I never really wanted to keep the team here" BS Balsillie tried here, and Don Garber is backing him on it.
Garber has an irrational man love for Nashville. It'll be fine. If a rotten owner wants to f*** a city, they'll do it. I hope we get it, and I think we will. The question will be if I support them or keep with Seattle.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I'd hope you will support local unless you have some kind of undying love/psychological bond for a franchise about as far away from where you live as possible. :)

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I'd hope you will support local unless you have some kind of undying love/psychological bond for a franchise about as far away from where you live as possible. :)
Haha, I would probably support Nashville, even if I don't live here anymore. The Sounders got me into MLS when I went to a playoff game and it flipped a switch for me. I had liked US Soccer and EPL but MLS was always just kinda meh to me. My two best friends lived in Seattle and got me to experience everything and both games I've gone to had over 60k there, so I fell in love with it. But, that said, if it comes to fruition I'm sure I'd switch over.

(Side note, until the Chargers left San Diego and I became a Titans fan, the Preds were the only local team I've supported. Weird.)

Reactions: LCPreds
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad