The Other Sports Thread (Titans, Vols, Dores, etc) - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
the titans are lucky they are in the AFC south and have one of the easiest schedules in the NFL. they just aren't very good. NFL has been a snooze fest in general this year.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
I honestly cannot remember the last time Kentucky was favored over Tennessee in football.... Im sure UK will find a way to blow it...

You

Jul 1, 2010
Tennessee hasn't scored an offensive touchdown in over a month. If Kentucky loses, they got in their own heads.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Isn't this supposed to be Botch's last game? The Grude is coming according to the rumor mill.

There is a story today on Yahoo about Butch Jones and why he should be fired. It is from the Rocky Top Talk. The 11 comments mostly bemoan the loss to Kentucky, i.e. "Kentucky has no coach and the players simply run on the field and depend solely on talent and, unfortunately for them, the talent is lacking. For Tennessee to lose to that team is completely unbelievable."

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
There is a story today on Yahoo about Butch Jones and why he should be fired. It is from the Rocky Top Talk. The 11 comments mostly bemoan the loss to Kentucky, i.e. "Kentucky has no coach and the players simply run on the field and depend solely on talent and, unfortunately for them, the talent is lacking. For Tennessee to lose to that team is completely unbelievable."
Do you mean UK or UT’s talent?
How can the Vols Talent be lacking? Since Lyle’s arrival the Vols have had multiple top 5 recruiting classes. I know because UT fans have been rubbing the classes in for a few years now.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Kentucky tried their best to give it to the Vols. That last play.... geez.

For only the second time since I left college I get to see a UK win over UT.
I have seen Vanderbilt beat em 4 times in the last decade. Trust me it’s sweet every time!!!

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I don't even know why people are so gung ho about Gruden. Has never coached college and hasn't coached anywhere in a decade.

Reactions: Legionnaire11

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
Rumor mill really picking up now. Botch is gone and The Grude is on.

Gruden makes over $6 million/year and only has to work like 3-4 weeks.

He's never coached in college and has said numerous times that he would have the school on probation within weeks.

He ain't coming to UT, Florida or anywhere for that matter. The only way gets back into coaching is in the NFL.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Gruden could probably get any open NFL job at the end of the year. Why would he want to go coach a college team where he not only has to coach but travel around the country recruiting as well?

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
It hasn't been football season in Knoxville since the Florida loss. It's Gruden season baby! I'm pretty tired of rooting for my team to lose, I wish they would just fire Butch already.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Gruden could probably get any open NFL job at the end of the year. Why would he want to go coach a college team where he not only has to coach but travel around the country recruiting as well?
He and his wife own land in East Tennessee and she was a cheerleader at UT. Happy wife, happy life.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
He and his wife own land in East Tennessee and she was a cheerleader at UT. Happy wife, happy life.

Is she going to be happy when he's out on the recruiting trail and spending 18-20 hour days in the office? There's a reason he hasn't taken a job coaching. He makes a butt load of money to broadcast one game a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->