The Other Sports Thread (Titans, Vols, Dores, etc) - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
The person who originally tweeted about it is a reporter for an MLS team so there's not much reason to think he's full of it. Maybe he's jumping to conclusions but it's highly possible the news leaked and through his inside knowledge he decided to put his name out there and break it. It would make a good amount of sense because, like the above post said, Mayor Barry is having a press conference about the stadium funding which has long been seen as a big reason why Nashville could surprise people and earn a bid because not many cities have the private funding we have. The pieces do make sense if you think about it, but hopefully it's true.

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
He probably just saw that the mayor of Nashville was having a press conference to discuss MLS/stadium.

After reading through the stadium proposal, I really don't see how we don't get a team.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
He probably just saw that the mayor of Nashville was having a press conference to discuss MLS/stadium.

After reading through the stadium proposal, I really don't see how we don't get a team.
It's a little odd that he specified they would begin in 2019 though. And that's a pretty bold thing to put out there if you're a verified journalist if you aren't sure about it.

I agree with the last bit though.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Local boy Robbie Ray looked great tonight on the mound.

Funny Nick has a clinic Saturday with Taylor Hill who was Rays teammate back beginning with the Potomac Nationals. Both were drafted and pitched in the majors by the Nationals who also drafted his current coach Josh Gridley. Taylor also pitched with another local star at Vanderbilt with Sonny Gray.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Local boy Robbie Ray looked great tonight on the mound.

Funny Nick has a clinic Saturday with Taylor Hill who was Rays teammate back beginning with the Potomac Nationals. Both were drafted and pitched in the majors by the Nationals who also drafted his current coach Josh Gridley. Taylor also pitched with another local star at Vanderbilt with Sonny Gray.
Ha I went to high school with Taylor Hill.

Reactions: triggrman

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Titans are in for a world of hurt if Mariota is truly out for 4 weeks. Lewan got injured today as well.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Shaping up to be an underwhelming fall/winter for local sports teams...

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
I'm of course one of the most optimistic Titans fans, but after the last two games plus the Mariota injury. I'm looking at the remaining schedule and I'm only seeing 3-5 more wins. Which puts the season record between 5-11 and 7-9...
I seem to remember a certain poster predicting a 5 win season. Who was it again?

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Lol, this team would have smoked Miami with Mariota. And you're pounding your chest for predicting a 5 win season that I'm sure was fully predicated upon analytics.

Great prediction, Nostradamus!

Reactions: TitansVolsPreds615

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Lol, this team would have smoked Miami with Mariota. And you're pounding your chest for predicting a 5 win season that I'm sure was fully predicated upon analytics.

Great prediction, Nostradamus!
Not hard to predict a running QB getting injured. Need to draft pocket passer like Sam Darnold.

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
I'm of course one of the most optimistic Titans fans, but after the last two games plus the Mariota injury. I'm looking at the remaining schedule and I'm only seeing 3-5 more wins. Which puts the season record between 5-11 and 7-9...

I know I'm not the most rational sports fan on this forum, but if you hitch your team to one player and that player goes down. To me that is on the coaching and I agree if he's out 2-4 weeks this team isn't going anywhere ... Too many Conference losses already (Houston, Dolphins, Raiders) -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad