The Other Sports Thread (Titans, Vols, Dores, etc) - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
Sulpher Dell sounded like an awesome ballpark, but I think they'd need to do two things: add parking and reconfigure it so the dimensions were a bit more up to MiLB standards.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
TN's BJ Coleman is the backup to Aaron Rodgers in GB. I took care of this kid when he was in HS. He kinda broke my hand shaking it.

I feel old and proud

EDIT: BJ beat out Vince Young, Tim Tebow, and John Crompton (The guy who beat him out of the TN job) to stay in the NFL.

Note: Montreal has the CFL rights to both Tebow and Young. And they lost their CFL HOFer QB probably for the year...

Last edited:

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
another chokejob by UGA

FML

I wouldnt call it a choke... and besides the way the BCS works, if you have to lose one, this is the time to do it... I doubt the Dawgs fall farther than 8th or 9th... and if they beat the ol ball coach next game they should be right back in the groove....

point being... if the win the East they will face Bama... and if they win that one, they will play for the BCS and that one loss wont matter a bit...

and if it all goes like that... they might even end up playing Clemson, again...

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
I wouldnt call it a choke... and besides the way the BCS works, if you have to lose one, this is the time to do it... I doubt the Dawgs fall farther than 8th or 9th... and if they beat the ol ball coach next game they should be right back in the groove....

point being... if the win the East they will face Bama... and if they win that one, they will play for the BCS and that one loss wont matter a bit...

and if it all goes like that... they might even end up playing Clemson, again...

After they beat OBC next week? Are you sniffing the anesthetic again?

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
After they beat OBC next week? Are you sniffing the anesthetic again?

I did say "if" not "after"...

although the OBC losing will never make me sad....

and every time I see and article about SC these days all I can think of is this

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
I see. My first thought was something like babysitting but I didn't think that was it since I don't know any high school kids that had babysitters. :laugh:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
TN's BJ Coleman is the backup to Aaron Rodgers in GB. I took care of this kid when he was in HS. He kinda broke my hand shaking it.

I feel old and proud

EDIT: BJ beat out Vince Young, Tim Tebow, and John Crompton (The guy who beat him out of the TN job) to stay in the NFL.

Note: Montreal has the CFL rights to both Tebow and Young. And they lost their CFL HOFer QB probably for the year...

Said it before but I'll say it again - highly awesome. :D

Incidentally, the Alouettes may have the rights to Tebow and Young, but they actually signed Troy Smith.

* * *​
another chokejob by UGA

FML

I'd offer my sympathies, except they would be LIES.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
But there has to a point where you realize that you need more experience to be an NFL QB and that can come from the CFL...

If he doesnt get an NHL job I wouldnt be be surprised at all if Tebow walks away and finds some other line of work. This guy is not wired like most successful athletes.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
NHL? Doc, your Freudian Slip is showing.

haha actually it may even be autocorrect since im sure I have NHL saved but not the other one...

(but of course, like the rest of us, I am SOOOOO ready for hockey)

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Vawl fans celebrating the big win like they beat the 49ers Saturday. The best statement I heard in the Knoxville cheerleader media is "Buster Douglas KO'ed Tyson" They are predicting a 10 to 11 wins already after beating the Govs.
Funny they treat Vandy like they lost to a Jr high team but Austin Peay is a super bowl contender
Austin Peay is one of the worst FCS teams out there and Vandy plays them this weekend maybe Vandy will tear down the goal posts after beating such a awesome team.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad