The Other Sports Thread (Titans, Vols, Dores, etc) - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Kind of surprised no one has mentioned Vanderbilt being the #2 overall seed in the NCAA Baseball Tournament.

They have ETSU, Georgia Tech and Illinois in their regional. Winner advances to face the winner of the Louisville Regional (Louisville, Bowling Green, Miami or Oklahoma State).

worstfaceoffmanever

These Snacks Are Odd
Jun 2, 2007
Fargo, ND
Kind of surprised no one has mentioned Vanderbilt being the #2 overall seed in the NCAA Baseball Tournament.

My alma mater gets to play the 51-9 team on Friday. Yay, us.

What's really funny to me is that the announcement that both ETSU and Mercer are leaving the A-Sun to join the Southern Conference in 2014 will likely be made before either team takes the field this weekend. The A-Sun is finally starting to have some success as a conference, but any team not in Florida is looking to get out. It's a bona fide mess.

worstfaceoffmanever

These Snacks Are Odd
Jun 2, 2007
Fargo, ND
The Grizzlies gave Lionel Hollins permission to talk to other teams last night. Supposedly there is a major philosophical rift between him and the bigwigs at the club over advanced statistics and their role in the sport.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Get back into sports after a while and WTF!?!?!

Red Sox don't suck....Blue Jays finally doing what I expect them to.....Gronk is getting so many surgeries I expect him to be bionic, Hernandez, Hernandez going to jail, aw come on!, glad the Pats signed Tebow. Pats TE depth Chart now: Ballard, Gronk, Tebow, Fells, Hooa....Hooza....Whosyadaddy?

Oh an enjoying watching HF choke to death on draft smoke inhalation.

kypredsfan

Smashville Subban
Jan 20, 2011
Mt. Juliet, TN
USA is up 3-1 on Honduras in the Concacaf Gold Cup semifinal right now. The Final is Sunday afternoon in Chicago. Looking like I just might drive up there for it. Could be a USA vs Mexico showdown. That would be intense.

worstfaceoffmanever

These Snacks Are Odd
Jun 2, 2007
Fargo, ND
USA is up 3-1 on Honduras in the Concacaf Gold Cup semifinal right now. The Final is Sunday afternoon in Chicago. Looking like I just might drive up there for it. Could be a USA vs Mexico showdown. That would be intense.

It could just as easily be USA-Panama. The way Mexico is playing right now, I think I'd rather watch that game, to be honest.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
The only chance they would have is a distance race, like a mile and even then they wouldn't have a chance.

Or the Cheetah not being motivated to run they usually only run when chasing prey. The race between Hester and Johnson would be more fun if they were running from the Cheetah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00