OT: The Other Sports Thread Part X

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I see that the Vols "lost" to Purdue in OT. The Boilermakers aren't my favorite Big10 team. I saw the video. That was a shaky no TD call on the Vols.

SEC 1-5, Big10 4-0 in bowl games so far.
Michigan vs Georgia looms large now as South Carolina (7-6, 3-5) is the only SEC winner (over NC).

Alabama is favored by 14 over a Cincinnati team known for their defense.
The Tide has the big game experience, but they may not cover!

Last edited:
Reactions: NoNecksCurse

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Wisconsin hasn't done anything in the second half of their bowl game, except run into the ASU punter. They will start with the ball on their 2 yard line after the backup came in for a 45 yarder with backspin. It is 20-13 Badgers with ten minutes remaining in regulation.

The final was 20-13 as the Badgers took a few kneel downs at the 7 yard line of ASU after a long drive.

Last edited:

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Missed it when it happened two days ago but Ja Morant outplayed Lebron and the Grizz are looking solid.

Reactions: jumb0

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Not a Tennessee fan by any stretch but that was a bad call. If you are the Refs you can not make THAT call. Rule him down and let it go to replay, but you can't make that call right there.

Would be like making a ruling of intent to blow the whistle in an NHL playoff OT game. You simply can not make that call right then.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
I think the Music City Bowl yesterday is the perfect example of why all these random bowls between mediocre P5 teams should still exist. Both teams were out a few NFL prospect players and it is truly a meaningless game, but both those teams really wanted to win it. Shame it had to end with such an awful call, but that was one of the best games I watched this season.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I agree there are far too many bowls but as long as there is $$ to be made they will stick around. And coaches like them because they get to coach their players for an extra month or more which apparently helps with the succeeding season

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
They just need to reduce the number of them. I also think they should rework it a bit and use the big games to showcase the winners of each conference that didn't make the playoffs.

Reactions: hockey diva

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
What’s everyone’s playoff predictions today? I’ve got Alabama by 42-20 but it’s close going into the 4th. I’ll also take Michigan with the upset 21-17.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I'm thinking Alabama and Michigan as well, but Cincy as an underdog is a very dangerous team. No one is picking them to win, they have nothing to lose.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
This Cincinnati team doesn’t come across to me as one that would go undefeated in a major conference. They did perform against their schedule. Maybe this stage is just too big for them?

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
This Cincinnati team doesn’t come across to me as one that would go undefeated in a major conference. They did perform against their schedule. Maybe this stage is just too big for them?

Maybe but I kind of think Bama has just finally hit their stride. They just did the exact same thing to Georgia who is undoubtedly a very good team.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I mean Bama didn't go undefeated so yeah odds are even Cincinnati would have lost one. That said they aren't completely out of it yet, which is more than you can say for some big teams that have faced Alabama in past years.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
The cincy defense is doing a decent enough job limiting points. On the other hand, the offense looks terrible.

Reactions: adsfan

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee

No. Cincinnati lost to the #1 team by 21. Bama's defense was too strong for them. Sabin took that TO to stop their momentum on the first drive. The Tide was on their heels. Then Cincinnati abandoned the successful run for three incomplete passes and had to settle for a FG. That was the first turning point.

Michigan lost to the #3 team by 23 and that was only because of a late score by them or it was 31 points.

In my book, the Bearcats did better than the Big10 Wolverines.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
No. Cincinnati lost to the #1 team by 21.

Michigan lost to the #3 team by 23 and that was only because of a late score by them or it was 31 points.

In my book, the Bearcats did better than the Big10 Wolverines.

I get what you’re saying in simply comparing the scores. But having watched both games I really get the feeling that Alabama could have made that a whole lot worse with a different game plan. Instead Saban just dialed up the running game, which apparently Cincy couldn’t stop given the 300+ yards of rushing, and got out of there with a very safe win. It was much more lopsided than the score suggests in my opinion.

On the other hand, it looked like Michigan got beaten about as badly as Georgia could have beaten them.

I have no skin in the game at all as I’m not really a fan of any of these teams, just offering an opinion based on what I watched. I was hoping for a Cincy/Georgia championship game but ended up with the one I expected to be most likely.

The championship game should be interesting at least. I think Bama beat Georgia about as badly as they could in the previous matchup. Might be that was the thing Georgia needed to finally get a breakthrough against Bama, and their first championship in 40+ years.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I get what you’re saying in simply comparing the scores. But having watched both games I really get the feeling that Alabama could have made that a whole lot worse with a different game plan. Instead Saban just dialed up the running game, which apparently Cincy couldn’t stop given the 300+ yards of rushing, and got out of there with a very safe win. It was much more lopsided than the score suggests in my opinion.

On the other hand, it looked like Michigan got beaten about as badly as Georgia could have beaten them.

I have no skin in the game at all as I’m not really a fan of any of these teams, just offering an opinion based on what I watched. I was hoping for a Cincy/Georgia championship game but ended up with the one I expected to be most likely.

The championship game should be interesting at least. I think Bama beat Georgia about as badly as they could in the previous matchup. Might be that was the thing Georgia needed to finally get a breakthrough against Bama, and their first championship in 40+ years.

How about this. Alabama was favored by 13.5 points and won by 21 over Cincinnati. Those 2 FGs instead of TDs hurt!

Georgia was favored by 7.5 and won by 23 over Michigan. Expectations my friend.

Cincinnati versus Georgia would have been a rematch of the Peach Bowl and that was a very good game.

Good luck to Georgia!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad