OT: The Other Sports Thread Part X

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Has anyone that actually knows anything about anything reported Alabama’s demise?

If "demise" means "not making the playoff" then a lot of people assumed it...

Seeding will be interesting, assuming Michigam wins.

I'm guessing its

1 Bama
2 Michigan
3 Uga
4 Cincy.

I cant imagine the committee wants a Bama-Dawg rematch in the semis.... unless they want to be sure it's not an all SEC final

predhead1

Aug 7, 2003
Has anyone that actually knows anything about anything reported Alabama’s demise?
Yep. Chris Doering on SECN said many times this year that Alabama is not an "elite" team. Then every pundit picking the game today picked UGA, with some saying that UGA -6.5 was the easiest money to be made this year.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Georgia should get in based on the rest of their season but I really hate the ability to get a do over after essentially losing a playoff type game. Oh well expanded playoff should be coming through and will fix a lot of these issues.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com

I'm guessing its

1 Bama
2 Michigan
3 Uga
4 Cincy.

I cant imagine the committee wants a Bama-Dawg rematch in the semis.... unless they want to be sure it's not an all SEC final
I’d move Cincinnati to 3. Georgia is the only top 4 that didn’t win their last game

predhead1

Aug 7, 2003
Depends on whether the committee wants Cincy at #3 or #4. If they like Cincy at #3, Bama will be #2 so that first round isn't a rematch and Michigan will take on Georgia.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
It was a very, very good day for Alabama sports fans

Beatdown of #1 Georgia in football
Beatdown of #3 Gonzaga in basketball

Doesn't get much better than that- RTR!!!

Reactions: predhead1

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
It was a very, very good day for Alabama sports fans

Beatdown of #1 Georgia in football
Beatdown of #3 Gonzaga in basketball

Doesn't get much better than that- RTR!!!

A shame the Zags had already lost to Duke. Otherwise would have been 2 #1s and that would have been unique

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee

I'm guessing its

1 Bama
2 Michigan
3 Uga
4 Cincy.

I was hoping to see Cincinnati playing Georgia on a neutral field instead of Atlanta last January 1.

I agree with your ranking, so it won't happen unless they both make the final game.

I went to Cincinnati and my brother went to Michigan, so that would also be a good match up to see.
(It happened once in the men's NCAA basketball tourney)

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I think Alabama Georgia should be in the first round. No one would want the rematch in the finals

Why? Both teams would have to earn it by beating Michigan or Cincinnati.

It isn't like they get to play for the national title just because they play in the SEC.

Your way guarantees an SEC team in the final game.

My way potentially means neither one makes it, but one or both could.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
To me the rankings should be

1. Bama
2. Michigan
3. Cinci
4. Georgia

but the committee will definitely avoid the Bama/Georgia rematch in the first round so they will swap it up to make it work. I’d predict a Bama/Georgia rematch in the final, but Georgia/Michigan should be a close one. Feel like Cincinnati is going to get wrecked.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007

I'm guessing its

1 Bama
2 Michigan
3 Uga
4 Cincy.

And this is how it went. I figured they wouldnt put Cincy higher than 4.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I had to go back and look at their schedule after the game last night. You’re not wrong.

Damn. You're right. Kentucky and Clemson are their two best wins. And needless to say the Clemson win isnt as awesome as it would have been in prior years

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Damn. You're right. Kentucky and Clemson are their two best wins. And needless to say the Clemson win isnt as awesome as it would have been in prior years

They really did not face a single good offense the entire regular season. And also zero elite quarterbacks. They did not have to face the 3 best offenses/QB's in the league (Miss St/Ole Miss/Bama).

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
To me the rankings should be

1. Bama
2. Michigan
3. Cinci
4. Georgia

but the committee will definitely avoid the Bama/Georgia rematch in the first round so they will swap it up to make it work. I’d predict a Bama/Georgia rematch in the final, but Georgia/Michigan should be a close one. Feel like Cincinnati is going to get wrecked.

People said that when they had to play at South Bend. Notre Dame won 26 home games in a row until October 2nd.

The Bearcats won by 11 and the game wasn't as close as the final score of 24-13 would indicate.

Cincinnati played Georgia on January 1, 2021 in the Peach Bowl, held in Georgia. The Bulldogs won 24-21. No wreck there on the last second 53 yard FG for Georgia.

Brian Kelly quit his job for goodness sakes! Maybe Sabin is next?

Notre Dame football: Reasons Irish will benefit from Brian Kelly’s departure

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad