Carson Soucy to have a hearing for Cross-check to Connor McDavid - suspended 1 game (MOD WARNING IN OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I don't think Soucy meant to, or even would have cross checked him in the neck had Zadorov not gotten him first.

That said, you can't just let that go, Soucy should be punished and it's just a bit of bad luck on his part.
This thread would only be 1 page long if we only had reasonable takes like this. We need the deranged posts in here to keep it going.

• Haha
Reactions: Canadienna

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I don't get how this thread is all, McDavid started it... the Oiler taking the late after the buzzer shot on silvos started it. That began the scuffling

Reactions: Regal

WiLBoY

Aug 29, 2009
You think that McDavid slash was a baseball swing? Christ, what are some of you people watching? You're acting like he Marty McSorley'd Soucy.

Oh and Soucy initiated it by pushing McDavid after the whistle.
If you go outside and hit someone, that guy will prob retaliate too. Difference is zadorov hit McDavid from behind but Soucy wasn't even aiming for his head

Reactions: Hodgy

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
If the issue here as Jeff Marek said is this all happening post game, then why are only the 2 Canuck players facing a penalty?

McDavid started the whole thing by reacting to a shove with a 2 hander. If Soucy is losing atleast a game & Zadorov is fined, McD should be fined too

• Haha
Reactions: LTIR and nucks88

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
You can feel the NHL’s panic with another impending playoff exit for Edmonton
If the NHL didn't want an Oilers loss than Rooney would not have been reffing lol.
The NHL wants 7 games! Next game the Oil get all the calls and the crying will be less from the Oil fans and the same as ALWAYS from the nucklers

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
If you go outside and hit someone, that guy will prob retaliate too. Difference is zadorov hit McDavid from behind but Soucy wasn't even aiming for his head
I never said that Soucy intentionally crosschecked him in the neck, that obviously wasn't the case, I'm saying that Soucy initially pushing McDavid after the game ended facilitated the slash from McDavid and it was not a two handed baseball swing slash. It was a conventional slash that you see every game, multiple times.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I never said that Soucy intentionally crosschecked him in the neck, that obviously wasn't the case, I'm saying that Soucy initially pushing McDavid after the game ended facilitated the slash from McDavid and it was not a two handed baseball swing slash. It was a conventional slash that you see every game, multiple times.
It was so conventional that you saw Soucy give him back an almost identical slash back before he cross checked him.

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
Diminishing what a cross check to throat feels like and what damage it can cause (vertebral fracture, disc herniation, nerve impingement, vascular damage) is just a bad look and shows you've probably never played hockey good lord.

He caught him in the chest and he'll be playing next game. Give me a break.

E: And I'm sure you have the same amount of sympathy towards high sticks and the danger reckless use of them can lead to. Right? Right?

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
If the issue here as Jeff Marek said is this all happening post game, then why are only the 2 Canuck players facing a penalty?

McDavid started the whole thing by reacting to a shove with a 2 hander. If Soucy is losing atleast a game & Zadorov is fined, McD should be fined too
Go ahead and fine him, who cares. Fine Soucy as well for the identical slash he gave McDavid right back on top of his suspension for the cross check. Why does anyone posting here care about players being fined and losing pocket change to them?

Rpenny

Feb 23, 2019
1715627084787.png

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
He caught him in the chest and he'll be playing next game. Give me a break.

E: And I'm sure you have the same amount of sympathy towards high sticks and the danger reckless use of them can lead to. Right? Right?
He did not catch him in the chest you're being obtuse by saying that. I don't think a single person in here who isn't trolling would agree with you that the cross check hit McDavid's chest.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Go ahead and fine him, who cares. Fine Soucy as well for the identical slash he gave McDavid right back on top of his suspension for the cross check. Why does anyone posting here care about players being fined and losing pocket change to them?
Here, it’s just tit for tat sniping.

For meaningful reasons, it means that the player now has a disciplinary hearing, and the NEXT time the player does something stupid, the DOP$ cannot fall back on the “well, the player has no history” excuse.

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
He did not catch him in the chest you're being obtuse by saying that. I don't think a single person in here who isn't trolling would agree with you that the cross check hit McDavid's chest.

Okay, sorry, shoulder.

If he was hit in the neck and it was obvious that there was intent to injure, why was he skating around completely unbothered seconds after? You can see the footage for yourself.

It's ironic you post this pic while ignoring he got cross checked in the neck and saying he got hit in the chest

The image used as a basis is from the Jaguars owner's son, who runs a wrestling promotion. IE, he was faking it.

Layers.

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
I just find the hand wringing over this to be over the top. Like someone literally in this thread said McDavid's neck was 'almost broken.' Give me a break.

Should McDavid been booped around like that? Probably not.

Is it the playoffs where stuff like that happens? Yes.

Have Oilers fans been completely dismissive of similar plays that could also lead to injury? Also yes.

Am I just pointing out the double standard both the league and folks on here have? Also, also yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad