OT: The Original OT Thread - Chit chat, Raiders, Rebels, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Say Hey Kid

MI retired Nick Saban
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I'd love to see what the NHL would do on ESPN these days.

Get all that SportsCenter love and have games on the main network, I bet it would be killer. At least split it between NBC, who has been loyal, and ESPN

Reactions: Aja

Say Hey Kid

MI retired Nick Saban
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
I'd love to see what the NHL would do on ESPN these days.Get all that SportsCenter love and have games on the main network, I bet it would be killer. At least split it between NBC, who has been loyal, and ESPN
Ageed. I"d charge ESPN $1 and let them show games anytime NBC is not to build the fan base.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Ageed. I"d charge ESPN $1 and let them show games anytime NBC is not to build the fan base.
I wouldn't go that far, but if they wanted to drop a similar number as NBC to broadcast just as many games I figure it's worth it to try.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Moving to Southern Highlands from Henderson in the next few weeks. Really looking forward to a shorter work commute to the strip. Not to mention the area is much less densely populated than Henderson, which is busting at the seams with residents & street traffic.

Anyone have any hidden gems in the area or even not so hidden? Thanks.

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
If you all don't mind taking an extra second to throw some money around to the smaller restaurants, shops, etc. here in town, you can really make a difference to a large number of local Las Vegans. I'm personally down about 65% year over year, and my neighbor businesses are experiencing similar drops. The large corporate companies can absorb a malaise like this, but a lot of small businesses can't.

Late to the punch on seeing this, but better late than never. I don't really have your specific segment of your field of business on my radar, but I definitely eat at a lot of the smaller / independent / local restaurants in the course of my exploration of food/drink, and I've been going as strong if not stronger as of late. It's a vibrant food scene here and it's worth shying away from if not outright avoiding chains and corporate stuff.

Moving to Southern Highlands from Henderson in the next few weeks. Really looking forward to a shorter work commute to the strip. Not to mention the area is much less densely populated than Henderson, which is busting at the seams with residents & car traffic.

Anyone have any hidden gems in the area or even not so hidden? Thanks.

I doubt that I've ever been to Southern Highlands, but you may wanna check out the food truck gathering ("Food Truck Frenzy") every Saturday 6-10pm outside Liquor World on Cactus & Decatur.

Boris Zubov

May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Do you have any interest in trying to understand the situation, or are you just here to moan?

Not trying to be a dick, but what's your obsession with the WNBA in Vegas or the WNBA in general? I know this is an off topic thread, but you should remember this is a hockey site, first & foremost, & that a lot of posters here, including myself, have zero interest in that particular "sport".

Boris Zubov

May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
I doubt that I've ever been to Southern Highlands, but you may wanna check out the food truck gathering ("Food Truck Frenzy") every Saturday 6-10pm outside Liquor World on Cactus & Decatur.

I checked out Liquor World when scouting homes in the neighborhood, & was impressed with their selection & the amount of inventory they carry. I'll keep that in mind, thanks!

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Not trying to be a dick, but what's your obsession with the WNBA in Vegas or the WNBA in general? I know this is an off topic thread, but you should remember this is a hockey site, first & foremost, & that a lot of posters here, including myself, have zero interest in that particular "sport".
If you have zero interest, why post about it? Does not compute.

And last I checked, basketball was a sport, with no quotes.

Boris Zubov

May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
If you have zero interest, why post about it? Does not compute.

And last I checked, basketball was a sport, with no quotes.

I didn't post about it, you did. I simply responded & asked why you're obsessed with the WNBA coming here. It was meant as an honest question. Do you live in Vegas? Why is this so important to you?

As to your second point, we can agree to disagree.

Last edited:

Aladyyn

Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
I didn't post about it, you did. I simply responded & asked why you're obsessed with the WNBA coming here. It was meant as an honest question. Do you live in Vegas? Why is this so important to you?

As to your second point, we can agree to disagree.
1. I was the 3rd person in the conversation
2. I am a fan of the league and I care
3. I lurk this forum to keep an eye out for one of my favorite players, William Carrier
4. Nobody on the Capitals forum ever tried to gatekeep me from posting about the DC teams I support even though I'm not a Caps fan, or from DC, why do you?

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
I don’t get WNBA bashing.

I get a laugh at the jokes and I don’t watch WNBA but I don’t hate the league or the players for playing the game they love.

Boris Zubov

May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
1. I was the 3rd person in the conversation
2. I am a fan of the league and I care
3. I lurk this forum to keep an eye out for one of my favorite players, William Carrier
4. Nobody on the Capitals forum ever tried to gatekeep me from posting about the DC teams I support even though I'm not a Caps fan, or from DC, why do you?

Nobody's "gatekeeping" you. If anyone is the thread police, it certainly isn't me. It was simply a question. No need to be on the defensive.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA

Most definitely a step toward getting an NBA team in Las Vegas with MGM involved. We've got to hope the Knights get their foothold in here in the next couple of years.

ETA: Apparently they're playing at Mandalay Events Center, so no worries about T-MA scheduling.

MGM purchasing lasvegasaces.com during the Knights' naming process makes more sense now.

Last edited:

calvegas04

Jun 23, 2016
Las Vegas
ETA: Apparently they're playing at Mandalay Events Center, so no worries about T-MA scheduling.

MGM purchasing lasvegasaces.com during the Knights' naming process makes more sense now.

Even if they played at T-Mo the Knights wouldn't have to worry about scheduling. The wnba team will only draw a couple thousand fans, UNLV will still be the basketball team in town

Boris Zubov

May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Wouldn't the Knights have first rights on scheduling dates either way? Foley should have enough influence to make that happen.

Regardless, the team needs to keep building momentum here before the NBA eventually shows up. At this point it seems inevitable.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Wouldn't the Knights have first rights on scheduling dates either way? Foley should have enough influence to make that happen.

Regardless, the team needs to keep building momentum here before the NBA eventually shows up. At this point it seems inevitable.
MGM will own the WNBA team, they also own the T-MA.

I have no question that the Knights would get priority, but you're negotiating against the owner on two accounts and I'm sure it wouldn't work out perfectly in all situations.

Luckily, they're at Mandalay Arena.

Aladyyn

Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Any scheduling conflicts would only appear in edge playoff cases. WNBA starts in late May and ends in early October at latest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad