OT: The Original OT Thread - Chit chat, Raiders, Rebels, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Say Hey Kid

MI retired Nick Saban
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
I'm glad the Yankees lost and I like the Astros, but I'm an NL fan and the Dodgers are my 2nd fav NL team so I'm rooting for them. Surprised there's been no Dodgers WS talk in here.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
I'm still trying to figure out why you build a retractable roof on an arena? NBA will never allow them to open it for games. I guess tennis might want it, but that's an iffy proposition in Vegas to fill seats. What other uses is there?

Reactions: Aja

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I'm still trying to figure out why you build a retractable roof on an arena? NBA will never allow them to open it for games. I guess tennis might want it, but that's an iffy proposition in Vegas to fill seats. What other uses is there?
I assumed it was for concerts and such, but that would likely kill a lot of the acoustics.

TBH, a lot of things about that project don't make much sense.

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
Might be one of those deals where the developer comes up with a project, forms a LLC, recruits investors, takes his developer's fee, declares the project bankrupt and lives happily ever after.

Kinda like that abandoned ferris wheel project south strip, which I think should be turned into the world's largest slingshot! :thumbu:

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Might be one of those deals where the developer comes up with a project, forms a LLC, recruits investors, takes his developer's fee, declares the project bankrupt and lives happily ever after.

Kinda like that abandoned ferris wheel project south strip, which I think should be turned into the world's largest slingshot! :thumbu:
If that's the case, Jackie Robinson has been milking it for years. I'm pretty sure this thing started in 2013.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad