OT: The Original OT Thread - Chit chat, Raiders, Rebels, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Okay, so this is probably worth a post, even if it's self serving.

I own a small retail business here in Las Vegas (that I'd prefer to keep a little secret if you don't mind) and I get to talk to a lot of local small business owners. We all share one thing in common, business sucks since the 1st. Like, really really bad.

If you all don't mind taking an extra second to throw some money around to the smaller restaurants, shops, etc. here in town, you can really make a difference to a large number of local Las Vegans. I'm personally down about 65% year over year, and my neighbor businesses are experiencing similar drops. The large corporate companies can absorb a malaise like this, but a lot of small businesses can't.

I know it's a tough time for all of us, but just supporting your local businesses like we all were a few weeks ago can do a huge part in returning the valley to normal.

That's the last time I'll mention this.

Thanks for the thought.

Say Hey Kid

War, children, it’s just a shot away
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
LeBron told Kevin Love he would be playing Center, not the Head Coach. Kuzma looks good for my Lakers. I'm looking forward to my Raiders next game. / Mr Robot is back!

Last edited:

sabresfan65

Vegas HAS Hockey!!
Sponsor
May 23, 2004
Vegas
Okay, so this is probably worth a post, even if it's self serving.

I own a small retail business here in Las Vegas (that I'd prefer to keep a little secret if you don't mind) and I get to talk to a lot of local small business owners. We all share one thing in common, business sucks since the 1st. Like, really really bad.

If you all don't mind taking an extra second to throw some money around to the smaller restaurants, shops, etc. here in town, you can really make a difference to a large number of local Las Vegans. I'm personally down about 65% year over year, and my neighbor businesses are experiencing similar drops. The large corporate companies can absorb a malaise like this, but a lot of small businesses can't.

I know it's a tough time for all of us, but just supporting your local businesses like we all were a few weeks ago can do a huge part in returning the valley to normal.

That's the last time I'll mention this.

Thanks for the thought.
I'll stop up later. I have an empty Golden Knights bucket!

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Battleborn -- braved the construction downtown to take my antique wall clock to store for tune up.

I've been stuck home most days supervising construction workers. (Bathroom is getting closer to being done. They said 1.5 weeks. Monday starts week four.)

Say Hey Kid

War, children, it’s just a shot away
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
I helped Sean Patrick with the grammar in his Physics paper and he got an A+! / Court restores Cowboys RB Elliot's 6 game ban. / I hope my Cubs win tonight.

Last edited:

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Battleborn -- braved the construction downtown to take my antique wall clock to store for tune up.

I've been stuck home most days supervising construction workers. (Bathroom is getting closer to being done. They said 1.5 weeks. Monday starts week four.)
Good lord. At least they're finishing. :)

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
My parents live in Palo Alto and are complaining about the smoke. I may need to get some nasal spray when I land tomorrow.

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
With the mascot revealed maybe the Golden Knights ought to look into collaborating with DreamWorks Animation on a TV series with the main characters being a knight based on the one in the team logos and Chance being his sidekick.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
WNBA team moving to Las Vegas?
So it seems. A lot of info has gotten out but we still don't know who the owners are or where the team is going to play until it's all official. We do know that Bill Laimbeer is going to be the GM/coach, which seems like a nice move to get the team off the ground quickly (they were last place 2 years in a row).

Reactions: Aja

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I'm not a huge fan of pro basketball in general, the player following fandom trend that started 10-15 years ago turned me off.

I figure I'll give the WNBA a shot though, see if it's a good time attending a live game. Does anyone know where they're planning to play? I'm hoping for Orleans or somewhere smaller so it doesn't feel like a big empty arena.

Reactions: Aja
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad