Speculation: The Official Horrible Trade Proposals Thread: Part 2, Have a Drink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
There's any amount of people who have been clinically dead, but then woke up in minute and a half, or hours later at the morgue with a tag on their toe.

Stable on TV shows any way. Buffy died, twice. The Winchester boys ditto.

Then there was the X-Files episode where guy died but woke up half an hour later, except that it wasn't him but some demon pulling a grand theft carcass. We live in a world where the authorities have boxes in official forms to fight that stuff. Let that sink in.

tenor.gif

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
I've never seen The Room. Until this, I'd never even seen a clip from the room. And yet, I knew instinctively that this had to be from The Room.
You should watch that scene. It has the worst dubbing ever. I’ve seen moves dubbed over in a different language that match up better.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
What do you all think of this proposal? Full disclosure, it’s my idea not something I found on the trade board.

Canes: Skinner and Faulk

Preds: Rinne and Subban

Both pairs are rumored to be available: Rinne because of his postseason slump and age and contract status, Subban because of his “personality” and contract...we know the reasons for Skinner and Faulk’s availability. Preds do it to add a scoring forward to the ranks and get cheaper, we do it for goaltending and to get better on the blue line.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Guessing probably the 19 first at least. Nashville's gonna be up toward the cap regardless so the savings is real for them, but on the other hand the gap in value between Faulk and Subban isn't made up by the gap between Skinner and Rinne even factoring in contract situation.

Was thinking the same thing. Add the 2019 1st and I’ll take that if Nashville will.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Call Rinne and Skinner a wash...
Well, yes. If you believe this is a wash, then we would be adding maybe a 1st. But I'm not sure Skinner doesn't have more value than Rinne given their ages and the Preds needs. Couple that with the contract differences between what is going out and what is coming back for the Preds and the fact that getting Faulk back doesn't leave them with a hole in the lineup, just a talent down grade for a contract down grade, I'd think a 2nd round pick either this year or next added in on our side would be fair.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I don't think there's a doubt that Skinner has more value then Rinne at this point. But I also have no doubt that there's a significant gap between that value difference and the value difference between Faulk and Subban. I still think the difference there is a first, maybe conditional on making the playoffs otherwise it becomes a 2nd but it's definitely a significant gap either way.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
Well, yes. If you believe this is a wash, then we would be adding maybe a 1st. But I'm not sure Skinner doesn't have more value than Rinne given their ages and the Preds needs. Couple that with the contract differences between what is going out and what is coming back for the Preds and the fact that getting Faulk back doesn't leave them with a hole in the lineup, just a talent down grade for a contract down grade, I'd think a 2nd round pick either this year or next added in on our side would be fair.

I'm calling it a wash based on both only having 1 year remaining. I don't think the gap in value between 1 yr of Skinner vs. 1 yr of Rinne is material at all, even given the $1M cap delta.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
Got a link to those rumors? Not trying to antagonize I just haven't heard any such thing. I'd cackle with glee to have subban as a hurricane- if they want a player who can put butts in seats he is the man. I think he's the most entertaining player to watch in the league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad