Koko Miami
TIL @Beef Invictus means superb ass.

Screen-Shot-2014-08-19-at-1.52.29-PM.png
@Beef Invictus care to comment?

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
There's any amount of people who have been clinically dead, but then woke up in minute and a half, or hours later at the morgue with a tag on their toe.

Stable on TV shows any way. Buffy died, twice. The Winchester boys ditto.

Then there was the X-Files episode where guy died but woke up half an hour later, except that it wasn't him but some demon pulling a grand theft carcass. We live in a world where the authorities have boxes in official forms to fight that stuff. Let that sink in.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
There should be a supernatural lawyer show where the protagonist* fights court battles for people's souls over legal technicalities in the devil contracts.

Gideon Smith, the angel attorney.

* obviously a freshly-dead lawyer, strong-armed into it by Heaven for the crappy **** on his records but a salvageable soul, because of cliches.

"A week ago I was snorting coke off a luxury hooker's cleavage. Then I died.

It was only the beginning of my problems."

DaJackal

Aug 3, 2015
Eastern front
You could be right, but Paajarvi isn't as skilled as Puljujarvi. Paajarvi can skate fast and is big, but he doesn't have a ton of skill nor ability to finish. It was his size and speed that people were drooling over as people expected him to play like Erik Cole where he'd lower his shoulder, skate around a guy and get a lot of breakaway goals.

Puljujarvi is big, has good speed, has good skill and a very good shot, but the concern, according to some Oilers/Finnish fans, is his hockey sense. I haven't seen him enough to know if that is accurate or not, but I have seen him a few times where he seems lost out there, but that could just be that he's young. That is a concern with him though. I agree one needs to be wary taking a chance on him so it all depends what it costs. I think the Canes are in a position where the pipeline is stocked, we have good depth on D, and we have Necas and Svechnikov/Zadina coming in, so we might be able to swing for the fences on this one.

I wouldn't offer too much for Jesse, but I don't think his value is that high. He is already seen as a bust by some people although he celebrated his 20th birthday only 2 weeks ago. His IQ is a concern, but mostly I think Edmonton is not doing a great job in developing their prospects.

As a part of a bigger deal this offseason or as a reclamation project next offseason he could be available for a decent price. Not that the Canes would need him that badly, but I just see him as a great fit with Aho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad