OT: The Off-Topic Thread XVIII: Gif Party

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Wow that must've been scary for her.

So my mom told me that the guy who robbed the bank while she was in there got away with it. She also said this guy only demand $1000.

Druggie, stupid, or smart? Because the amount he robbed for isn't a federal felony, only a state felony. Also, it wasn't an armed robbery.

Definitely not smart :laugh:

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Although I'm still trying to wrap my head around how he successfully robbed a bank without a weapon. What motivation did he have for everyone to comply?

If he had robbed the bank with a hammer, screwdriver and hedge cutting shears and threats to get out of "his" bank, he could have gotten away with an insanity plea too.

Isles5513

Please don't lose
May 18, 2014
Long Island
Definitely.

Although I'm still trying to wrap my head around how he successfully robbed a bank without a weapon. What motivation did he have for everyone to comply?

What the detectives said was he slipped the teller a note, and the tellers are told to comply because they don't no if he has anything, at least with Bank of America tellers. Once he left someone apparently ran downstairs and yelled to call the cops that they've been robbed. The cops I guess asked for information about him once they got there. My mom was sitting down with someone talking about something with her credit card I think so she had no idea until someone yelled it. I don't know how many other people there knew what was happening.

Isles5513

Please don't lose
May 18, 2014
Long Island
He's smart.

Hey guys, anyone want to go out, I just won $1000 today. Let's go party.

That sounds suspicious. Where were you today at approximately 12 PM?

That also sounds like one of the DB Cooper copycats who got caught because after he heard about the DB Cooper hijacking he said to his friend at a bar that if he were him he would've demanded like twice more (don't remember the exact amount). His friend later called in a tip saying his friend told him if he were to hijack a plane, he would've demanded the amount the hijacker demanded.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Let's buy airsoft rifles.

That reminds me of that show on Discovery that followed people who had previously won (and lost all of their) lottery winnings. One guy let his idiot son "manage" his money and he would go into pawn shops and "invest" in all kinds of stupid crap, including sports jerseys, sneakers, and samurai swords.

The lesson? Winners buy samurai swords, not airsoft rifles!

Last edited:

Isles5513

Please don't lose
May 18, 2014
Long Island
That feel when you finished with an average of 74% for the semester.

I probably could have gotten 75% had I not forgotten to do assignment in one class that was worth 7.5% of the mark.

If you look at the big picture, it's not that bad. I mean, you could be an Edmonton fan.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Did you guys know there's wifi in jail? I had a little incident, I might be in here for 2-3 months. The good news is I had a heckuva a party last night with that money I won.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Did you guys know there's wifi in jail? I had a little incident, I might be in here for 2-3 months. The good news is I had a heckuva a party last night with that money I won.

Oh jeez. Now your text makes sense. :facepalm:

WwvSnoY.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad