OT: The Off-Topic Thread XVIII: Gif Party

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
that new NHL 17 View trailer looked really promising/intriguing. I'm slightly, hesitantly excited to see more.

Also, i want Jakey V or McDavid(ugh Oil) on the cover.

zxl58Pv.jpg

Unless you mean for the cover curse.

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
The part that intrigues me is that it looks like you can relocate your team.

Also I guess they are bringing back the budget/concession thing they had back in NHL 2005 or 2006.

oh yeah absolutely! it seems like they rebuilt gm mode from the ground up, like we are were begging for.
i just hope we can hire our own coaches etc.

Isles5513

Please don't lose
May 18, 2014
Long Island
Anyone ever play the OOTP baseball games? I was playing with the expansion Montreal expos and after the first year player draft, I didn't like who was available with my high first round, so I selected him with the intention to trade him at the deadline. I expected some decent offers, but I got offered 26 year old Chris Sale. So my 1st year expansion team basically sucks, has some prospects I was able to grab in the draft, and I have Chris freaking Sale. I also shopped another player who I signed right after the expansion draft that off-season. He was like 24 and had a good overall, but kept declining so I shop him around. For some reason, the Dodgers wanted to Trade Clayton Kershaw for him. So I go into my second year of existence with my only two good players being the best pitcher and third best pitcher according to the off-season rankings.

Yung Rotini

6 Summers
May 18, 2013
Penticton, BC
The part that intrigues me is that it looks like you can relocate your team.

Also I guess they are bringing back the budget/concession thing they had back in NHL 2005 or 2006.
I just want GM mode to be more interesting. Looks like they are taking a good step in that direction. I just hope they don't **** it up.

Isles5513

Please don't lose
May 18, 2014
Long Island
Monabae, you should move the Islanders to Quebec City

Too soon man. Too soon.

I remember they came down by the bus load. One time I remember there was a blizzard and it was almost impossible to travel. The QC guys would stay at the hotel right next to the Coliseum. There were only a few thousand there, like 90% in QC jerseys.

Isles5513

Please don't lose
May 18, 2014
Long Island
Interesting story I just found. These guys were planning a trip to Thailand to fish for Siamese Carp, which supposedly could get up to 600lbs. One of the friends ended up dying of Cancer and his friends asked for his permission to use his ashes in a bait, guessing it was a dough ball or boilie. They ended up catching a 184lb carp with the bait.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/0...ds-ashes-as-bait-to-catch-180-pound-carp.html

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
That's a little strange, but I guess it's something you'd only appreciate if you're passionate about it. I'm sure they would have caught something with or without his ashes anyways.

Guys, if I die, please throw my ashes on the ice for the next hat trick shortly after my passing :sarcasm:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
That's a little strange, but I guess it's something you'd only appreciate if you're passionate about it. I'm sure they would have caught something with or without his ashes anyways.

Guys, if I die, please throw my ashes on the ice for the next hat trick shortly after my passing :sarcasm:
I was gonna take your ashes to Staten Island and sprinkle them in the 36th chamber

Isles5513

Please don't lose
May 18, 2014
Long Island
Hey, Wu-Tang Clan ain't nothin' to **** wit

True. C.R.E.A.M is a great song. Other than that, I can't think of anything to redeem it off the top of my head. It's home to one of the worst highways in America IMO in the Staten Island Expressway. It's technically part of NYC, which means the 50 mph highway speed limit and crazy aggressive cops. It's also like New New Jersey. I mean like half the cast of Jersey Shore is from there.

Plus I'm more of a Mobb Deep fan. Queensbridge Murderers!

Isles5513

Please don't lose
May 18, 2014
Long Island
So I just got a call from my mom. She said she was in the bank and someone tried to rob the bank while she was there. They're not letting anyone leave. She said it was with a slip of paper, no gun.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
I was making and drinking a lot of vegetable juice for a while, and I had used a few beets in my juice for the day one day.

Nobody told me beet juice turns your pee red. I nearly had a full-on panic attack.

Hah, I've had the same thing happen to me couple of times. A brief moment of panic and then I remember I had some beets a while ago.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
I was making and drinking a lot of vegetable juice for a while, and I had used a few beets in my juice for the day one day.

Nobody told me beet juice turns your pee red. I nearly had a full-on panic attack.

That's a surprise, I thought all Schrutes knew that.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
My old neighbor came home yesterday, went upstairs to use the bathroom, she heard a noise in her kitchen, went down stairs and some strange man was standing in her house, with a hammer, screwdriver and hedge cutting shears. This man told "her" to leave his house, he was obviously mentally deranged. She ran past him, out the door and over to my Mom's house and they called the police. She very lucky he wasn't violent and no one was hurt. The cops came and arrested the man.

Isles5513

Please don't lose
May 18, 2014
Long Island
My old neighbor came home yesterday, went upstairs to use the bathroom, she heard a noise in her kitchen, went down stairs and some strange man was standing in her house, with a hammer, screwdriver and hedge cutting shears. This man told "her" to leave his house, he was obviously mentally deranged. She ran past him, out the door and over to my Mom's house and they called the police. She very lucky he wasn't violent and no one was hurt. The cops came and arrested the man.

Wow that must've been scary for her.

So my mom told me that the guy who robbed the bank while she was in there got away with it. She also said this guy only demand $1000.

Druggie, stupid, or smart? Because the amount he robbed for isn't a federal felony, only a state felony. Also, it wasn't an armed robbery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad