OT: The Off-Topic Thread XVIII: Gif Party

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Some good news for a change for me. Got my project management sertificate today. It was paid by my current employer, and should help me finding a new job later this year. Perfect timing :laugh:

Isles5513

Please don't lose
May 18, 2014
Long Island
$3K USD? You could live here for like a month :laugh:

No. That's for 3 days in a row in BFT fishing out of North Lake. I'll save money by camping out in the back of the SUV. I already have a few in mind with relatively low mileage and good price. It's probably not going to be my first time camping out in an SUV to go fishing, and it certainly won't be my last.

A man/late teenage kid could dream. :)

Isles5513

Please don't lose
May 18, 2014
Long Island
Now that I think about it, for a little more money I could get a few stand up rods, a few 80w-130w reels, literally (not figuratively) a mile or two hours heavy fishing line, a kayak, a harness, fighting belt, and a rope to literally (not figuratively again) to tie myself to an SUV or something that won't move and as well to tail rope a shark to get it close enough to unhook it, depending on how the used market is. That would be for going after 1000 lb sharks (once again literally) from the beach in Florida, which is where I'm looking to go to school.

Isles5513

Please don't lose
May 18, 2014
Long Island
I was also sure I failed because of how much I messed up parallel parking because I was so nervous because my mom, while trying to make me feel less nervous, made me more. So after the parallel park, we went straight back to the DMV test site where it began. The entire way, I was thinking to myself 'what should I yell at my Mom and what curse words to include. Then when we got back, she said I passed and I said 'what, really!?'

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Leicester won English Premier League yesterday. Might be the biggest cindarella story in any team sport, ever. I mean before the season started bookies gave 5000-to-1 odds on their win.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-36028733
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/01/sports/soccer/how-leicester-city-went-right-side-up.html?_r=0

Being 5,000 to 1 really put Leicester City more in line with the odds one might see in the novelty category often offered by British bookies [...] The odds that Simon Cowell, the acid-tongued producer of “American Idol,†would become the next British prime minister were only 500 to 1, for example, while those that Hugh Hefner, who founded Playboy magazine, would reveal that he was a virgin were set at 1,000 to 1.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
I have a cousin who's working in Ft. Mac right now and he said its absolute mayhem, highway is a complete deadlock, people carrying everything they can etc, and just a crazy panic all together.. Hope everyone gets out alright and hopefully the fire doesn't take the whole city.

MC Ride

Feels bad man
Feb 4, 2009
I'm in the oil industry and so I have quite a few friends up north. From what I've gauged, there's a chance the whole cities destroyed by tomorrow. That's ridiculous. 70K people displaced in one night.

Isles5513

Please don't lose
May 18, 2014
Long Island
I'm in the oil industry and so I have quite a few friends up north. From what I've gauged, there's a chance the whole cities destroyed by tomorrow. That's ridiculous. 70K people displaced in one night.

Holy ****! Where I live, the most major thing we have to deal with is usually a yearly blizzard or two and the occasional Hurricane, but there are almost no wild fires here, probably because almost the entirety of Long Island is residential. The last two wild fires here I could think of both happened in the same protected region out on the eastern end of the island known as the Pine Barrens. One in 2012 which lead to the partial evacuation of a town, and the worst one in 1995, which ironically started from a controlled blaze.

I can't imagine what those people are going through. Hopefully things will get better soon.

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
I have a cousin who's working in Ft. Mac right now and he said its absolute mayhem, highway is a complete deadlock, people carrying everything they can etc, and just a crazy panic all together.. Hope everyone gets out alright and hopefully the fire doesn't take the whole city.

I spent two years working in Fort Mac, and while I haven't been there since the end of 2010, I know a lot of guys are still up there with their families. I hope they are safe, seeing the fire along Highway 63 on Global today was a real shocker, because I lived just on the other side of the highway (I was a block from the hospital when there) from the blaze.

Yung Rotini

6 Summers
May 18, 2013
Penticton, BC
This Fort Mac **** is crazy. We've had some insane fires here in the Okanagan but never one that's threatened an entire city like this. Hope everything turns out okay, but it looks pretty grim right now.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
I spent two years working in Fort Mac, and while I haven't been there since the end of 2010, I know a lot of guys are still up there with their families. I hope they are safe, seeing the fire along Highway 63 on Global today was a real shocker, because I lived just on the other side of the highway (I was a block from the hospital when there) from the blaze.

Yah buddy of mine of Facebook said it was so hot along some of the fires that people were breaking down because their clutches and other components were litteraly melting in their cars/trucks. Insane.

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
Yah buddy of mine of Facebook said it was so hot along some of the fires that people were breaking down because their clutches and other components were litteraly melting in their cars/trucks. Insane.

That's terrifying. I was watching a video on Facebook this morning showing people just abandoning their vehicles along the road for whatever reasons - components melting, lack of fuel, etc.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
That's terrifying. I was watching a video on Facebook this morning showing people just abandoning their vehicles along the road for whatever reasons - components melting, lack of fuel, etc.

Yup, guy on the radio this morning said it took him 13 hours to get from Fort Mac to Edmonton (4.5 hr trip). I can only hope there's a lot of good citizens with extra room travelling this way.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
This is a good snap shot of what's going on...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...rray-as-evacuees-settle-in-edmonton-1.3565573

cp-alta-fort-mcmurray-fire.jpg

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I have not heard anything about any injuries or deaths, have you guys? While it's terrible so many people could lose everything, if they can escape this with minimal lost life, it would be amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad