OT: The Off Topic Thread Part IV: Monkey Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
It's a tough decision, there were a few times I almost ended my relationship in the past because I needed some things to change. My advice, be open and fully honest with her, and life is to short not to live it happy. But with all that said, if you express to her and things work out, you'll have no regrets and it was meant to be.

There's no right or wrong answer, it's "do I want my life to go down this road, or this one".

Time to necro this advice, but I followed through on it yesterday. After a lengthy discussion and a sleepness night (now off to work FML), we have decided to split up. After discussing it we came to the conclusion seeing each other often just wasn't possible. As well as there being some other issues.

Really stings a lot to end a long term relationship, and I'm by no means feeling good. Silver lining is that this is the first step towards something healthier for me. It just feels quite a long way off.

TLDR; II has feels.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Time to necro this advice, but I followed through on it yesterday. After a lengthy discussion and a sleepness night (now off to work FML), we have decided to split up. After discussing it we came to the conclusion seeing each other often just wasn't possible. As well as there being some other issues.

Really stings a lot to end a long term relationship, and I'm by no means feeling good. Silver lining is that this is the first step towards something healthier for me. It just feels quite a long way off.

TLDR; II has feels.

Keep+this+close+to+your+heart+and+think+of+me+_ce5df3fc94a8f036f221c37c6cba0199.jpg

Sorry to hear that, II. Remember that sometimes things have to fall apart to make way for better things. :)

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB

TLDR; II has feels.
537410_150883858396635_1605539025_n.jpg

Sorry to hear, man. Knowing the silver lining that there is something better for you to come is good, though. :nod:

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta

TLDR; II has feels.

Sorry to hear that man. Best of luck.

And if you ever need to get your mind off things, you could always finish our avatars (haha I'm just kidding man).

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary

TLDR; II has feels.

Wow, that's crazy II! I'm really sorry you're having to go through this. You are upset because you are a good guy and cared a lot about the relationship you were in. You'll probably always care about her to some extent, but as each day passes you will learn to deal with it a little easier. I think you did the right thing despite it being the hard thing and when you second guess yourself in the next couple of weeks, always remember exactly how you felt in the moments you were hurt in the relationship to stay strong and move forward. Hopefully you are on good terms with her, and you may not care right now but there are literally thousands of girls in the city so you will have no problem finding another one when the time is right.

Dang I'm sorry bro, try and do things right now that make you happy. Keep your head up, it's gonna get easier and remember the sun always comes up tomorrow.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Sorry to hear that man. Best of luck.

And if you ever need to get your mind off things, you could always finish our avatars (haha I'm just kidding man).

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Oh man, that had me in tears.

II, real sorry to hear about that, but it may be in the best interest for both of you. Really sorry to hear about that.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

TLDR; II has feels.
If you need someone to talk to feel free to send me a private message. I went through a breakup with my fiance less than a year ago and can likely relate to what you're dealing with. I might act like an ass, but I am actually a decent listener, but I warn you that if you cry I am telling everyone :sarcasm:

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Looking to buy another Flames jersey. already have Tanguay and Baertschi, who should I get for the new one?

Thinking between Brodie, Monahan, or Backlund. Possibly Gaudreau.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Looking to buy another Flames jersey. already have Tanguay and Baertschi, who should I get for the new one?

I'm going to get a Gaudreau one, but I want to wait and see if his number changes. Monahan would be a good one for sure.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria

Money is safest. I would especially wait on Gaudreau until he is given 13. Backlund still carries the risk of being the odd man out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad