OT: The Off Topic Thread Part IV: Monkey Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Ugh, I can't stand the Jazz. Has there been a more boring team over the last 20 years in the NBA (perhaps the Bucks)? Even in there hay day, the Mailman didn't deliver on Sundays (perhaps the greatest trash talk quote of all time by Pippen).

I just completed The Ice Bucket challenge, I knocked back 2 double tequilas for 2 nominations in the video.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Lol, funny story... I was born in Canada because my parents were so poor to afford health care, and Canadians offered free health care. My dad was in school in Utah while my mom was still in Canada (they are both Canadian). Anyway, I only lived in Canada for 3 months and then was moved to Utah where I spent 9 years at. My dad found a better job in Arizona and I've lived in Arizona for 10 years thus far.

So I've pretty much been an American raised kid but my roots are in Canada. Very proud of it too, because I could care less about the United States, we're so ****ed up.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Lol, funny story... I was born in Canada because my parents were so poor to afford health care, and Canadians offered free health care. My dad was in school in Utah while my mom was still in Canada (they are both Canadian). Anyway, I only lived in Canada for 3 months and then was moved to Utah where I spent 9 years at. My dad found a better job in Arizona and I've lived in Arizona for 10 years thus far.

So I've pretty much been an American raised kid but my roots are in Canada. Very proud of it too, because I could care less about the United States, we're so ****ed up.

So do you have dual citizenship?

I'm born and raised Calgarian. Not many of us left.

Aug 3, 2010
Well earlier in one of posts he said he could care less about the United States.

Yes, the expression "could care less" implies he does care. "Couldn't care less" implies no ***** are given about the particular topic.

I've always been amazed at how bad people are at their own respective mother languages; not restricted or purely indicative of English speakers. Being a speaker of four languages I make an effort to be well-spoken.

He probably cheers for both in some form or another. I know hypothetically speaking, being American would make me feel better about cheering for Gaudreau in international tournaments…

Yung Rotini

6 Summers
May 18, 2013
Penticton, BC
born in Lethbridge, lived in Calgary, Red Deer, Chilliwack and Abbotsford. Now back in Lethbridge
Eww, Chilliwack. I just can't get over the smell.

I was born in Calgary and have lived in Oliver, Osoyoos, Kelowna, Kamloops and my current location, Penticton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->