OT: The Off Topic Thread Part IV: Monkey Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Thanks guys! I'd recommend getting certified to anyone, especially if you're doing it at an all-inclusive resort because you know they're going to take you somewhere awesome for the requisite open water dives (ie: lively coral reefs and wrecks). And it only takes 3 or 4 days to do.

It really is a cool experience once you get passed the initial panic of not being surrounded by air. A surprising amount of fish DGAF about people and will swim up within a reasonable distance just to see what you're up to. There's also a place I think in Africa where you can go diving and you'll be surrounded by literally hundreds of sharks that aren't threatening to man. You can even hand feed them and pet them. You can add that to my bucket list too.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
This won't happen in our lifetime, but I can't wait until they drill tunnels through the core of the earth, thus creating a gravity train. This will allow you to travel to the other side of the world in 45 minutes.

OT in the OT, but that concept is probably a better potential energy generator (as a perpetual motion machine) than a means of travel.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Just posting here so that I can see my post count and then throw my hat in the ring.

EDIT: 10.65 posts per day, too. :D

Mr Lebowski

Go Flames
Feb 18, 2014
Toronto
imbackbaby.jpg

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Meh, I just like posting a lot because there are a lot more things to talk about other than the Flames. On CP, it's just the Flames.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad