The New Little Caesers Arena Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Wait, does that mean they didn't end up tearing it down? Or was that another hotel in the area? I forget which is which.

Also in that article, lol.

There were 2 old hotels. One was torn down, and one is being restored/renovated.

nina2001

Jul 27, 2015
Ilitches to give Wayne State $40 million for new business school near Red Wings arena site
http://www.crainsdetroit.com/articl...state-40-million-for-new-business-school-near

AR-151029820.jpg

The model for the new Red Wings arena and surrounding area shows where the new Wayne State University business school will be built: directly north (or to the right and down in this photo) at the southwest corner of Woodward Avenue and Temple Street.

Abdelkader, Miller, Glendening, DeKeyser and Larkin, visited the Detroit Events Center construction site last week to check on the progress of their new home.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Ilitches to give Wayne State $40 million for new business school near Red Wings arena site
http://www.crainsdetroit.com/articl...state-40-million-for-new-business-school-near

AR-151029820.jpg

The model for the new Red Wings arena and surrounding area shows where the new Wayne State University business school will be built: directly north (or to the right and down in this photo) at the southwest corner of Woodward Avenue and Temple Street.

Abdelkader, Miller, Glendening, DeKeyser and Larkin, visited the Detroit Events Center construction site last week to check on the progress of their new home.

Most likely Miller wont be part of the team next year, So most likely when he plays there it will be with another team. And as of now depending on how he does this year and how much he is seeking in his next contract it's not a gimme that Abby will be back though I have a gut feeling he will. According to Khan it's pretty much a gimme that Holland plans on resigning Abby no matter what and thinks a deal could be done sometime possibly after the start of the new year.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
Most likely Miller wont be part of the team next year

Where in the world do you get that from? He's a responsible, hardworking 4th line vet that won't ask for much money, is a league leader in shot blocks and excellent penalty killer, he's been with us for 6 years and has played 82 games in each of the past two, he's only 31 years old, and according to wikipedia he's an alternate captain this year (not sure how true that last point is but whatever).

There's absolutely no reason to let him go.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Where in the world do you get that from? He's a responsible, hardworking 4th line vet that won't ask for much money, is a league leader in shot blocks and excellent penalty killer, he's been with us for 6 years and has played 82 games in each of the past two, he's only 31 years old, and according to wikipedia he's an alternate captain this year (not sure how true that last point is but whatever).

There's absolutely no reason to let him go.

Because we've got 9 more players to either sign or bring up from Grand Rapids next year on ELCs. There's no way that we can afford everyone. Depending on next years cap situation we have $17.4 million to spend on 9 players. That's including with Larkin staying on the team next year as well.

Let's do the math here, Say the cap goes up a little to say $73 million next year that would give us around $19 million to spend on 9 players.

We've to resign DeKeyser in which could cost us around $5.0-$5.5 million per year long term. We've got to resign both Mrazek and Sheahan both could get bridge deals around $1.5-$2.0 Million on a 2 or 3 year bridge deal.

Most likely Holland will resign Abdelkader he could get a 5 year deal around $5.0-$5.5 million per. More then likely Pulkkinen would need to be resigned as well. We could already be looking at around $16 million per right there for 5 players and still need 4 more.

Most likely Quincey, Helm, Richards, Miller wont be retained as I see it we would have around $3 million left for 4 more players. I see Andreas Athanasiou taking Helms spot. Wouldn't be surprised to see maybe both Marchenko and Jensen us next year as well. Marchenko takes Quinceys spot and Jensen most likely the 7th D-Man knocking Kindl out either by trade or by waivers. That would leave about 1 more player to fill the roster. Unless Miller takes less then $2 million to play I just can't see him on next years roster he's easily replaceable In My Honest Opinion.

Bottom line if the cap goes up slightly and that still a big if, We've got to many people to either sign or bring up on ELCs and the money will only go so far and there's just no way that we can afford to retain every on here it's just not practical. I will say it and most of the posters on here will agree with me that Miller easily could be the odd man out.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
Because we've got 9 more players to either sign or bring up from Grand Rapids next year on ELCs. There's no way that we can afford everyone. Depending on next years cap situation we have $17.4 million to spend on 9 players. That's including with Larkin staying on the team next year as well.

Let's do the math here, Say the cap goes up a little to say $73 million next year that would give us around $19 million to spend on 9 players.

We've to resign DeKeyser in which could cost us around $5.0-$5.5 million per year long term. We've got to resign both Mrazek and Sheahan both could get bridge deals around $1.5-$2.0 Million on a 2 or 3 year bridge deal.

Most likely Holland will resign Abdelkader he could get a 5 year deal around $5.0-$5.5 million per. More then likely Pulkkinen would need to be resigned as well. We could already be looking at around $16 million per right there for 5 players and still need 4 more.

Most likely Quincey, Helm, Richards, Miller wont be retained as I see it we would have around $3 million left for 4 more players. I see Andreas Athanasiou taking Helms spot. Wouldn't be surprised to see maybe both Marchenko and Jensen us next year as well. Marchenko takes Quinceys spot and Jensen most likely the 7th D-Man knocking Kindl out either by trade or by waivers. That would leave about 1 more player to fill the roster. Unless Miller takes less then $2 million to play I just can't see him on next years roster he's easily replaceable In My Honest Opinion.

Bottom line if the cap goes up slightly and that still a big if, We've got to many people to either sign or bring up on ELCs and the money will only go so far and there's just no way that we can afford to retain every on here it's just not practical. I will say it and most of the posters on here will agree with me that Miller easily could be the odd man out.

First: Even with your own math, Miller fits. He signed his last contract for $4.05/3 and he's the same player now as he was then. So why would he ask for more than $2 million all of a sudden?

Second: Whether or not Marchenko, Jensen, AA, Pulkinnen are more important than Miller is extremely debatable. If Miller is replaceable, so are all those guys. Plus, one or more of them could be gone via trade.

We almost have too many young, mistake-prone forwards as it is, we can't go filling the fourth line with them too and expect to keep opponents off the scoreboard. You need guys like Miller to hold the fort. Letting him go would be stupid and pointless. You are going to save what, a half million, for the sake of putting some young unproven redundant scorer in the lineup over your reliable, responsible shot blocker.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I hope I can go to 1 or 2 more games in the Joe, say goodbye :cry:

Then I hope i can go at least one or two times the first year.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
That is awesome he donated 40 million to Wayne state for a business school. Guy really does invest in Detroit. Its so cool to see the model of all 3 stadiums next to each other. I really hope we see Detroit turn it around in our life time. Even going to a place like Grand Rapids makes me depressed to thing about Detroit, its so awesome to walk around in a big city that has lots of culture. Detroit is so spread out in its things to do and the roads are just junk to drive on. Any time I go there its gotta be a real good reason and I am in and out once I am done with the thing.

kolankosf

Jul 5, 2013
Red Deer, Alberta
We drove down from Red Deer, AB to visit family in SW Ont. On our way back, I was in contact with the Red Wings customer relations as my 3 y/o son is on the Autistic Spectrum and is complete love with the Red Wings.

Firstly, I must say that you all should be proud of your organization. This team is so well run inside and out. Great Fans, Great Atmosphere, Great Game, exiting the Joe Louis kinda blew but everything else far exceeded our expectations (Compared to games we've seen in Calgary, Edmonton, Toronto, Philly and Winnipeg). it has me thinking of becoming a Red Wings fan (I'm a Flyers fan... dont hate me too much).

Secondly, I made sure to get a picture with my boy at the corner of Henry and Woodward. with all the cranes in the background. We'll be making yearly trips out Detroit way just for him. I've seen some models of the new Detroit Events Center and it looks awesome!

Lastly, I know this isnt the right thread... but does anyone know where I can trade some signed pucks? We were supposed to go to the morning skate, but got a flat tire. The Customer Relations staff sent up some goodie bags, and they included some signed pucks as my boy has a pretty good autograph puck collection going (almost 30 now). Anyways, we were given 4 pucks signed by Jakub Kindl, they each some with their own official letter that he signed them on October 30th, etc.

Does anyone have a puck they would like to trade, we would trade the puck and the letter in return. Not expecting to make any rediculous trades, just looking to add to his collections (eg. Not expecting to get an Yzerman for a Kindl puck) any help would be great! Thanks.

Wedontneedroads

Jul 14, 2008
San Jose
Not sure where this goes so I'll post it here...

Was in town for the Sharks/Wings game on Friday while visiting my sister at Michigan and have to say I was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked Joe Louis.

From everything I have heard/read over the years (mostly from non-Detroiters) I was expecting a horrible stadium experience.

Arrived about a hour early so I could walk around and watch warmups and loved the feel of the place. So much more intimate than many of the newer buildings I have been to. You could tell that building has so much amazing hockey history.

Very glad to have had the opportunity to experience Joe Louis.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

Was in town for the Sharks/Wings game on Friday while visiting my sister at Michigan and have to say I was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked Joe Louis.

From everything I have heard/read over the years (mostly from non-Detroiters) I was expecting a horrible stadium experience.

Arrived about a hour early so I could walk around and watch warmups and loved the feel of the place. So much more intimate than many of the newer buildings I have been to. You could tell that building has so much amazing hockey history.

Joes not to bad of course the new facility will blow it away.

Jun 9, 2011
Detroit

Me personally I like the Joe. The concourse gets very crowded as do the bathrooms but to me that is the extent of my issues with the arena. Everything else is fine to me...but I'm not too hard of a person to please lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad