The New Little Caesers Arena Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
The term is POTUS... Though that one is unintentionally or intentionally funny not sure what you were going for there.:laugh:

Hoping they call it the Olympia or something Detroit related, cannot really fault them for taking a deal though, just hope it isn't embarrassing in terms of the sponsor.

Illitch has enough money so i hope he doesn't call it lays arena

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Just because every other fan-base would lose their minds.... Something like Hockeytown Stadium/arena or just flat Hockeytown would be fun to watch. It is in line with their branding and they make a lot of money off the term which is Olympia Entertainment trademarked. Which is where I come in with Olympia anyway, they own that naming right, so if they aren't going to take corporate money that would be great.

Of course and this is slightly morbid and I hope that doesn't happen, but if something was to happen to Mr. Hockey right around the time the new building is coming on line I could see a huge ground swell in naming it Gordie Howe arena.

StNickFan

Dec 3, 2014
Ohio
Went to Nashville for the first time about a month back and man do they have a awesome setup down there. I want something like that.... Why can't you have nice things Detroit? :laugh:

GBFP

Sep 24, 2009
Looking at recent construction pics - it's really starting to look like an arena now. It's going up fast as hell - in large part to the dry winter no doubt.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Is it just me or do the seats look like they are going to be super steep?

Hard to tell from the distance and quality, but the supports for the precast concrete (I'm assuming that is what those are considering how they are configured) look ridiculously steep.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario

Hard to tell from the distance and quality, but the supports for the precast concrete (I'm assuming that is what those are considering how they are configured) look ridiculously steep.

It will help with forming human avalanches that cascade down the sides of arena and smash thru the boards to interrupt play on the ice

DeYarmond Edison

drinkingpinkrabbits
Apr 10, 2011
Bored in the USA

It's not just you. I went out to Honest Johns in Midtown on Sunday for brunch and got a good look at the current state of construction. The steepness(?) was the first thing that jumped out at me.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
It's not just you. I went out to Honest Johns in Midtown on Sunday for brunch and got a good look at the current state of construction. The steepness(?) was the first thing that jumped out at me.

IIRC they said that they drew inspiration from the Hab's bell arena when they were designing it. They mentioned how the fans just seemed to rise up steep on all sides and it felt intimidating.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

Yeah i would assume that the seats would be pretty steep, Considering that the ice surface is 40 feet underground. It's suppose to give the fans the best vantage point in the entire league they said.

GBFP

Sep 24, 2009
Just because every other fan-base would lose their minds.... Something like Hockeytown Stadium/arena or just flat Hockeytown would be fun to watch. It is in line with their branding and they make a lot of money off the term which is Olympia Entertainment trademarked. Which is where I come in with Olympia anyway, they own that naming right, so if they aren't going to take corporate money that would be great.

Of course and this is slightly morbid and I hope that doesn't happen, but if something was to happen to Mr. Hockey right around the time the new building is coming on line I could see a huge ground swell in naming it Gordie Howe arena.

I want the district to be legally called Hockeytown. I mean officially by State of Michigan, so mailing address to the Arena or surrounding lofts and shops would be would be Hockeytown, Detroit, MI.

New Olympia Arena
19 Yzerman Way
Hockeytown, Detroit, MI
USA

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I want the district to be legally called Hockeytown. I mean officially by State of Michigan, so mailing address to the Arena or surrounding lofts and shops would be would be Hockeytown, Detroit, MI.

New Olympia Arena
19 Yzerman Way
Hockeytown, Detroit, MI
USA

That would be cool. :nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad