GDT: The New Jersey Devils vs. Colorado Avalanche: WWE edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
The games in hand are going to kill us though...someone said before if every team won every game in hand we'd be six points out of a playoff spot. That won't happen but we're really more like three or four points back now, and of multiple teams to boot. It's getting perilously close to sell, sell, sell at the deadline.

Not even close.

We still play the Caps (2x), Blue Jackets, Red Wings (2x), Hurricanes (2x), Flyers, Rangers, Leafs, and Ottawa. If we play well in our final 25 I don't think we will have any trouble getting into the playoffs. I don't think people understand how huge it is to have the majority of home games in the final stretch.

Not to mention we play the Islanders (2x), Buffalo, Ottawa, Panthers (2x) and Flames after the trading deadlines. These sellers should be even worse then they are now.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
????

I asked this before...who on our roster is under performing (Zajac?)? This forward group is pretty damn crappy.

Jagr (over)
Elais (expected)
Zajac (under)
Zidlicky (over)
Ryder (expected)
Henrique (expected)
Greene (over)
Zubrus (over)
Brunner (expected)
Clowe (expected)
Bernier (under)
Lokt (under)
Gionta (expected)
Carter (expected)
Josefson (under)
Volch (expected)
Sal (expected)
Merrill (expected)
Harrold (expected)

This is a pretty poor group. Our best youth assets are all too young to be expected to carry this forward group.

How is Henrique performed as expected do you have such low expectations that he can't improve from his rookie year and that he can't improve in the points department. The fact of the matter is that he played really well for like 7 weeks in the past two seasons and he can be better than that.

One of the most important forwards to our franchise is a shell compared to his former self under Deboer.(Zajac)

And if this is what you expected of Sal then he shouldn't be playing this much.

And don't tell me Elias and Jagr are performing well because of Peter Deboer.

Josefson and Lokti have every double standard against them.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
sisyphus.jpg

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
????

I asked this before...who on our roster is under performing (Zajac?)? This forward group is pretty damn crappy.

Jagr (over)
Elais (expected)
Zajac (under)
Zidlicky (over)
Ryder (expected)
Henrique (expected)
Greene (over)
Zubrus (over)
Brunner (expected)
Clowe (expected)
Bernier (under)
Lokt (under)
Gionta (expected)
Carter (expected)
Josefson (under)
Volch (expected)
Sal (expected)
Merrill (expected)
Harrold (expected)

This is a pretty poor group. Our best youth assets are all too young to be expected to carry this forward group.

There is nothing he can do about guys not scoring. He should have some kind of gameplan so that this tying goal with an extra attacker doesn't happen 3 games in a row. It happens once? Yeah it happens to everybody. Happens twice? **** happens. Happens three games in a row? Did they even talk about this happening again?

I'm also not a fan of this system. I'm not sure this is the right system. And his personnel decisions are straight up ********. His line matching. I can write a whole book on this ****.

njdss4

Mar 7, 2011
Anaheim
Not even close.

We still play the Caps (2x), Blue Jackets, Red Wings (2x), Hurricanes (2x), Flyers, Rangers, Leafs, and Ottawa. If we play well in our final 25 I don't think we will have any trouble getting into the playoffs. I don't think people understand how huge it is to have the majority of home games in the final stretch.

That's where you lose me. The only way the Devils make the playoffs is if the rest of the Metro tanks harder than NJ does.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Not even close.

With the way this season has gone thus far, why would I think they will play well in the final 25 games? This team has what, 1 three game win streak so far this season? The inconsistency on this team isn't going to change overnight. Sure we aren't far behind right now but if we can't get a ******* winning streak going then we won't make it regardless of what every other team is doing.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
????

Jagr (over)
Elais (expected)
Zajac (under)
Zidlicky (over)
Ryder (expected)
Henrique (expected)
Greene (over)
Zubrus (over)
Brunner (expected)
Clowe (expected)
Bernier (under)
Lokt (under)
Gionta (expected)
Carter (expected)
Josefson (under)
Volch (expected)
Sal (expected)
Merrill (expected)
Harrold (expected)

What? Almost all of these are off

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
H

How is Henrique performed as expected do you have such low expectations that he can't improve from his rookie year that he can't improve in the points department. The fact of the matter is that he played really well for like 7 weeks in the past two seasons and he can be better than that.

One of the most important forwards to our franchise is a shell compared to his former self under Deboer.(Zajac)

Patty and Jags over pass the damn puck......they need to just take control and drive to the net and shoot

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
Not even close.

Not to mention we play the Islanders (2x), Buffalo, Ottawa, Panthers (2x) and Flames after the trading deadlines. These sellers should be even worse then they are now.

Expecting them to piece together a solid run given the way they are constructed and play is foolhardy. There is no margin for error in their game. None. That's why they can't string together wins. This isn't the dead puck era.

hockeyr5

Mar 8, 2009
They've already blown games to the Oilers, Flames, and Sabres THIS SEASON, but they're supposed to win next time? I'm sorry, I just don't see it.

because regardless of previous results we are the better hockey team

Devils Unseen Hand

Jul 25, 2002
Ocean County
I haven't seen a group of players on this Devils team frustrate me more than that heap-load of crap Lou put together for 2005-2006.

Matvichuk, Brown, McGillis, Weimer, Klee, Langdon, Malakhov.

UGH! Horrible!!!

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Not even close.

I don't think you understand how hard it is to pass MULTIPLE teams in front of you when you're x number of points back. Always someone's gaining points, you wind up running in quicksand unless you go on a major streak.

Besides, what on earth makes you think Ottawa's going to be a seller? They're about in the same position as us (three points out with the same # of games played as Detroit) with the same point total and they're never easy for us. The Isles, Buffalo and Florida are never easy for us no matter how ****ty they are. Not to mention some of the teams in front of us are also going to be benefitting from them selling directly and indirectly.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
I haven't seen a group of players on this Devils team frustrate me more than that heap-load of crap Lou put together for 2005-2006.

Matvichuk, Brown, McGillis, Weimer, Klee, Langdon, Malakhov.

UGH! Horrible!!!

me and a friend were walking out of the CAA after a loss to the Isle's that year and we saw Lou walking in the hallway and yelled at the top of our lungs "Lou, fix this team, we suck"
he did make a lot of changes after that night I'll tell ya!

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
How is Henrique performed as expected do you have such low expectations that he can't improve from his rookie year and that he can't improve in the points department. The fact of the matter is that he played really well for like 7 weeks in the past two seasons and he can be better than that.

Henrique played with two of the best wingers in the world. I would be thrilled if he put up 50 pts with Clowe/Ryder. I expected him to do 30-40

Zajac hasn't put up points since his BFF left (Parise). He couldn't even put up points with Kovy. He won't touch 60+ PTS until we bring in a match for him. No clue who that could be.

Elias is playing like he has always. Consistently great with less talented line mates.

Jagr seems to love Pete's system. I won't be surprised at all if Jagr asked to come back. He looks better with us then he did 2 years ago with Giroux.

Josefon/Lokti are your pretty standard young NHL players in talent. Most of them never improve and become 3rd/4th liners. I am still holding out hope they step up and become solid players for us.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't think you understand how hard it is to pass MULTIPLE teams in front of you when you're x number of points back. Always someone's gaining points, you wind up running in quicksand unless you go on a major streak.

Besides, what on earth makes you think Ottawa's going to be a seller? They're about in the same position as us (three points out with the same # of games played as Detroit) with the same point total and they're never easy for us. The Isles, Buffalo and Florida are never easy for us no matter how ****ty they are.
We haven't score one god damn goal at 5 on 5 against Buffalo in two games this year. one 5 on 3 goal, and one 4 on 4 OT goal.

We were 40 seconds away from being shutout by Enroth this year. He has ONE ****ing win this year! Just one! Buffalo has ZERO shutouts on the season. Miller doesn't even have a shutout this season. We've basically been next to shutout by Buffalo two different times.

Ottawa seems to be able to beat us with barely any shots on goal usually, and The Islanders are always an adventure for this team.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
Dude I know Henrique played with two of the best wingers in the world I'm saying that shouldn't be his plateau. He looks great for a few weeks then just disappears he needs to be closer to what he was in early to mid Jan for us to see any improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad