GDT: The New Jersey Devils vs. Colorado Avalanche: WWE edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Is this for real :laugh: I almost have a hard time believing that. So when do lose our leads the most, is there a pattern?

In the final two minutes is the pattern lol...we don't get regulation losses that way, although we darn near did tonight giving up the breakaway.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I've been thinking why bother firing him now, we're pretty much toast, but I see the players are fed up...and thats bad news, can Pete now so the players see Lou gives a s*** about the NJ Devils

I want him canned now. Not so we can save this season, but so we can implement a new system early, and not to have to do it next year on the fly.

I firmly believe if we made a coaching change in October when we should have, we'd have maybe 5 more wins at this point. Maybe even more. It all depends on who was hired as the coach though.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
I want him canned now. Not so we can save this season, but so we can implement a new system early, and not to have to do it next year on the fly.

I firmly believe if we made a coaching change in October when we should have, we'd have maybe 5 more wins at this point. Maybe even more. It all depends on who was hired as the coach though.

New coach gives a new voice in the room and a new set of expectations and standards

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011

If Pete wasn't the coach I think we would be giving up a top 5 pick. Love the other coaching options. Guys who were fired for underachieving (PHI/TPA)

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If Pete wasn't the coach I think we would be giving up a top 5 pick.

Not me. I think we'd be better off. Not just with ANY coach, but I think there might have been a coach out there who could have put us in a better spot.

njdss4

Mar 7, 2011
Anaheim
Remaining games this year:

Oilers 1
Caps 2
Isles 3
Panthers 2
Sabres 1
Flames 1

None of those teams are good and while were just okay really, we can definitely win these games and that would be huge. The remainder of our schedule is not that tough and I don't see why we can't sneak into the playoffs. I am so sick of all the negativity and read "DeBoer sucks" when we still have a good shot at the playoffs.

They've already blown games to the Oilers, Flames, and Sabres THIS SEASON, but they're supposed to win next time? I'm sorry, I just don't see it.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
emyneoo.png

I'll say it again...

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
If Pete wasn't the coach I think we would be giving up a top 5 pick. Love the other coaching options. Guys who were fired for underachieving (PHI/TPA)

We'd be giving up the 6th pick now, we ain't exactly far off from that.

Bcap88

Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Deboer quit being a lawyer cause he blew all his cases in the closing arguement :sarcasm:

Mory Schneideur*

In the final two minutes is the pattern lol...we don't get regulation losses that way, although we darn near did tonight giving up the breakaway.

Unbelievable. :laugh:

Everytime I want to give up, I look at the stands and scratch my head. How the heck are we 1 point out of a playoff spot. What a strange year.

njdss4

Mar 7, 2011
Anaheim
We'd be giving up the 6th pick now, we ain't exactly far off from that.

Exactly, and even if another coach would have us with a worse record right now, if it at least looked like the team was heading in the right direction, it would be worthwhile. Right now, the team is headed into limbo, where they aren't bad enough to get top picks but not good enough to make the playoffs. It's the worst possible position.

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
Not me. I think we'd be better off. Not just with ANY coach, but I think there might have been a coach out there who could have put us in a better spot.

????

I asked this before...who on our roster is under performing (Zajac?)? This forward group is pretty damn crappy.

Jagr (over)
Elais (expected)
Zajac (under)
Zidlicky (over)
Ryder (expected)
Henrique (expected)
Greene (over)
Zubrus (over)
Brunner (expected)
Clowe (expected)
Bernier (under)
Lokt (under)
Gionta (expected)
Carter (expected)
Josefson (under)
Volch (expected)
Sal (expected)
Merrill (expected)
Harrold (expected)

This is a pretty poor group. Our best youth assets are all too young to be expected to carry this forward group.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
Cory looked legit pissed in the interview. I think he wanted to call out Salvador, but held back.

Where the **** is Ryder?

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
They've already blown games to the Oilers, Flames, and Sabres THIS SEASON, but they're supposed to win next time? I'm sorry, I just don't see it.

More importantly we basically lost to all 3 in the third period. In the Flames and Sabres game they didn't even get a point. In the Oilers game they gave up 4 straight goals and got a point on the flukiest goal.

They lose to backups and teams below them in the standings(games they have a good chance to win). It's such a weird statement to say this is all on the roster. I can say it is whole organization problem from the front office to the players but the coach has been dreadful and he's the easiest to get rid of. He can have success with another team I don't care because I know he will never be successful with us.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Unbelievable. :laugh:

Everytime I want to give up, I look at the stands and scratch my head. How the heck are we 1 point out of a playoff spot. What a strange year.

The games in hand are going to kill us though...someone said before if every team won every game in hand we'd be six points out of a playoff spot. That won't happen but we're really more like three or four points back now, and of multiple teams to boot. It's getting perilously close to sell, sell, sell at the deadline. That's why the whole supposedly easy March schedule does nothing for me. You have to GET to March alive first for it to even mater. Not to mention nothing's ever easy with this team anyway.

Bcap88

Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Most of the frustration stems from us having to forfeit a pick. Forfeiting a top 5 pick is not what we need at this point

MachoDiablo

Mar 12, 2012
Jersey City
Remaining games this year:

Oilers 1
Caps 2
Isles 3
Panthers 2
Sabres 1
Flames 1

None of those teams are good and while were just okay really, we can definitely win these games and that would be huge. The remainder of our schedule is not that tough and I don't see why we can't sneak into the playoffs. I am so sick of all the negativity and read "DeBoer sucks" when we still have a good shot at the playoffs.

With regards to a 4 game winning streak, hate to say it, but I can only believe it when I see it, given how inconsistent the team has been.

However, you're not wrong: following tonight, the Devils officially enter "no more excuses" territory, because they now have the easiest remaining schedule of basically every team in the race for a spot in the Metro/East. They have plenty of home games, they're done (I think) with upper echelon Western opponents, and they now must take advantage of that.

Starting Friday and then after the break, they must begin showing something resembling consistency. If they can't do it now, THEN Lou needs to consider selling off pieces to get high picks or what have you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad