The Negativity-**Only** Thread (A Place to go to vent) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
When I remember the $$$ and term we gave Hendricks, I cry a little. I don't mind having him, but we can find someone to play at that level under 1mil

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
So instead of spending say $5 million on a top 6 forward and 3 grinders at a million a piece we spend $8 million or so on 3 grinders. Heck, we could've spent $4 million a piece on two forwards with some offensive ability we have a fourth line making entirely too much money for what they don't bring on the ice. And on top of it they're not tough. Go figure.

Seth Lake

Jun 28, 2005
Nashville, TN
GBU review of last night's game...

Good:
Spaling shortie

Ekholm first NHL point

Hellberg debut

Ekholm holding onto the puck under no pressure the final 12 seconds to take a knee on the night.

Bad:
Not a sellout and too many Blues fans the game prior to "Keep The Red Out"

Hutton not being against the post on the fifth goal against. Thought he didn't have much of a chance on the goals prior to that, nor did Hellberg have a chance on the sixth.

Ugly:
Complete utter lack of execution in all phases of the game.

Allowing St. Louis to get a quick start.

Stretch of play late in the 3rd period when we couldn't complete a three foot pass on a couple of occasions for about three straight shifts any of which could have lead to an odd-man attack for. Honestly, someone should be threatened with a plane ticket to Milwaukee for that stretch.

roseyc

Mar 23, 2010
It's time for Trotz and Poile to go. They have done their job in making this market a viable one. They both have stocked the cupboard with Talent. We just need a new regime to take us to next level and make this team fun to watch

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013
It's time for Trotz and Poile to go. They have done their job in making this market a viable one. They both have stocked the cupboard with Talent. We just need a new regime to take us to next level and make this team fun to watch

I've never been one for knee-jerk reactions when it comes to wanting coaches etc. fired. However, taking last year and this year into account, I cannot believe the forwards on this team are so awful that they cannot score more than 3 goals a game. I know this team is not going to light it up every night, but this style is simply not getting it done.

Coupled with making our big FA signing, who can actually generate some offense, sit out for 2 games in a row (and who knows how many more), I think I agree with you that Trotz, while has done some good things here, has run his course. It is time for him to go.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin

I'm starting to agree. Yes, whoever is hired next may be worse but that's a risk you sometimes have to take. Sometimes change is good when things start to get stale and things are getting stale right now.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Well it is Nov 1st. I have been true to my word in preseason I caught hell for saying this is not a very good team. I projected 5 wins in OCT. They would get 5 wins in Oct they managed 6. I not foresee the win in game 3 against the Wild. Our worst nightmare came true Rinne out a month or more (something I was afraid of with Hutton). I projected 4 wins in Nov before the season. I still think this will be close.

Now to those who think I am all about doom and gloom, its as hard for me to see the team lose as anyone. But this is not a very good hockey team. It is filled with wannabe's. Now some may work out in time but those that were projected to carry the team are doing worse than even I imagined.

Stalberg... Well sitting two games did not help.... NOT ONE SHOT against the YOTES
Wilson been trying out for a Chuck Norris movie Missing in Action.
Borque it has been just painful to watch him.
Two of the top six n points are again defenseman and one an 19 year old.
Hornqvist is the lone player that could play top 6 minutes for another NHL team.
Hutton may well be worse than Mason was last year. Special teams is sickening and is only surpassed by team passing

The good
Jones
Goose (faceoffs) and is still healthy.
Klein has been solid
Oh did I mention Jones
Josi picked up where he left off last year ( But please keep your head up)
I feel confident in saying that Jones and Josi are both better than Weber was at there age. Jones and Josi are going to be special players.(Weber may be expendable).
Oh and Jones

Coaching (blahhh)
Gm (blahhh minus)

Before this road trip is over theres probably going to be consideration of who were going pick in the top five next spring.

I kept up with the site while absent from expressing opinion and there are a number of folks out there that get it. And sadly there are some that may never get it. The team is n the middle of a down period.There will likely be a drastic move before the team gets back on track. I can't say must bad about the grinders they are doing there job we just have too many copies.

Most know my feelings about Smith but he has been better thus far. Will it last??? He is still far from top 6 material. Hes currently on pace for low 40's in points with 12 goals.

So 13 games instill little early but in a blink of the eye the season will be 1/4 over this roadie is going to be just brutal....

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
If we have more than four wins by December 1st, it'll be a miracle.

Either that or Poile swallowed his pride, called Darcy Regher and traded Spaling, a first and a second to Buffalo for Miller.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
If we have more than four wins by December 1st, it'll be a miracle.

Either that or Poile swallowed his pride, called Darcy Regher and traded Spaling, a first and a second to Buffalo for Miller.

A first and a second for a UFA goalie? Why? This team is not a Cup contender regardless of who's in goal. That is a very short-sighted move.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Then what the #### do we do?

we cant sell the farm for a season that may not be salvageable regardless.

thats said, if we dont get a better goalie we will be out of the hunt entirely by the time Pekka can come back...

Bryzgalov or Dipietro will cost s no assets and should be able to be signed for 1 million or less.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
we cant sell the farm for a season that may not be salvageable regardless.

thats said, if we dont get a better goalie we will be out of the hunt entirely by the time Pekka can come back...

Bryzgalov or Dipietro will cost s no assets and should be able to be signed for 1 million or less.

I agree with this. goaltending is not the place to give up assets. The team has a world class starter, maybe two with Hellberg. Right now he needs a shot and from the looks of things hes gonna get it. If he proves capable then he can be moved for a back-up and additional assets. If he is ready to be a starter there is no reason to let him mold behind Pekka. Now some would think this bad asset management but the team is going to have to move some good assets to fix the forward situation.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
He was truly awful. I want to see Hellberg get a game soon. Who are the top 5 prospects for next years draft anyways?

Early list

1. D Aaron Ekblad
2. F Sam Reinhart
3. F William Nylander
4. F Nick Ritchie
5. F Sam Bennett
6. F Leon Draisaitl
7. F Michael Dal Colle
8. F Jared McCann
9. D Roland McKeown
10. F Ivan Barbashev
11. F Blake Clarke