OT: The Movie & TV Thread

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Recently watched Jack Reacher 2....

Man that movie sucks. I quite enjoyed the first, but this one was just mailed in on all counts. Writing/acting/storytelling, etc etc, I fell asleep near the end and had absolutely no interest in going back and finishing it.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Anyone else anxiously waiting for the new Twin Peaks season? The original series had a really big influence on me, I watched it during Tuesday evenings when it originally aired here maybe 25 years ago. Still the only TV show or movie to give me nightmares, and I even nowadays if I get nightmares they are usually about Bob :laugh:

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
You guys catch any of the Oscar flicks?

Thoroughly enjoyed Arrival and Hacksaw Ridge.

I liked them a lot. I like good scifi, I like good history and war films. Good storyline in both.

Manchester by the Sea was also a really good one.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
I'm excited for Logan. Really liked the most recent solo Wolverine flick, and the early reviews are pretty good.

That and I'll continue to enjoy super hero movies until they all become Fantastic 4 reboot quality.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Logan, John Wick 2, and Trainspotting 2 are the ones running here now that I want to see if I have time. Silence was on for a week maybe so looks like I'll wait for BD.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I love movies about war and terror.

There's a Trainspotting 2? I need to see that. Also love John Wick, I won't go see either in the theatre but I'll happily watch when I can rent them.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Anyone else anxiously waiting for the new Twin Peaks season? The original series had a really big influence on me, I watched it during Tuesday evenings when it originally aired here maybe 25 years ago. Still the only TV show or movie to give me nightmares, and I even nowadays if I get nightmares they are usually about Bob :laugh:
You have movies out there in the middle of rural Finland? :sarcasm:

I'm excited for Logan. Really liked the most recent solo Wolverine flick, and the early reviews are pretty good.

That and I'll continue to enjoy super hero movies until they all become Fantastic 4 reboot quality.
Truth be told, I am tired of Wolverine. Don't get me wrong, I have actually liked most of the Wolverine movies, but it's time for someone else to get some time in the spotlight. That said, I am sure I will download it at some point in time.

May 27, 2012
Earth

Truth be told, I am tired of Wolverine. Don't get me wrong, I have actually liked most of the Wolverine movies, but it's time for someone else to get some time in the spotlight. That said, I am sure I will download it at some point in time.

It's his last movie anyways.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
I'm excited to reach the new ones, as I have intentionally avoided them with the plan to watch them all in order :laugh:

Yeah I've watched the new ones, I have a feeling I'll appreciate them more (especially Skyfall) if I'm more familiar with the older ones cause of all the obscure Easter eggs and references.

Watching Get Out this weekend

I'm actually kind of interested in seeing that. The trailers look interesting and it's been getting a lot of great reviews.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga

You've got no idea how accurate that joke actually is :laugh:

One theater that has 7 screens. One of those is good (300 people), 2 others ok (150 people), rest are quite bad (60-90 people). I paid 14€ to see Arrival on that smallest screen because it was the only screen it was on. Seats there are so small and uncomfortable that it was like sitting on a local bus during rush hour.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
You've got no idea how accurate that joke actually is :laugh:

One theater that has 7 screens. One of those is good (300 people), 2 others ok (150 people), rest are quite bad (60-90 people). I paid 14€ to see Arrival on that smallest screen because it was the only screen it was on. Seats there are so small and uncomfortable that it was like sitting on a local bus during rush hour.
That's not much different than my city :laugh:

Here we have 2 theaters. 1 that plays first run movies with 10 screens and one that plays second run movies with 8 screens, but the seats in it are ****ing amazing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad