OT: The Movie & TV Thread

Wayne Primeau

Stay Gold
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
IDK about you guys, but I'm a huge movie buff. We have a music thread, so I think a movie thread could work.

What's the last movie you saw? How many times are you going to see Star Wars Ep. VII? Are you watching anything right now? Any ones you want to see in the future? What's your favourite movie of all time?

I'm currently watching the atrocious movie American Warships. It's a ripoff of Battleship, the already awful movie from 2012.

Enjoy this thread!

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
My favourite part of Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope is when Han Solo convinces everyone that he's leaving when things look grim, but then barely any time passes and he shows up to participate in the celebration.

Wayne Primeau

Stay Gold
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
My favourite part of Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope is when Han Solo convinces everyone that he's leaving when things look grim, but then barely any time passes and he shows up to participate in the celebration.

Yes.

I am tempering my expectations for SWE7.

Aug 3, 2010
Is "animated" or "cartoon" a genre of movie (think Ghibli, Disney, or Dreamworks)? Also, I'd say martial arts films are in their own category, which means they're missing from the current poll.

I have tickets to Star Wars VII at the Chinook theatre with 11 of my buddies. I'm not a huge fan of Star Wars but I prefer it over Star Trek pretty easily.
I prefer Tarantino movies like Django Unchained, Pulp Fiction, or spaghetti westerns/B-movies like Machete or Once Upon A Time in Mexico.

Some of my favourite movies in no particular order:

Jurassic Park
Pulp Fiction
RoboCop
Fox and the Hound
Shaolin Soccer
Once Upon a Time in China
Fearless
Nightmare Before Christmas
Scott Pilgrim vs the World
Kingsman: The Secret Service

Mix of recent and older stuff. Judge my tastes as you wish.

Also, for those who have like 3 hours to kill, I recommend trying Bollywood movies if you're good with reading subtitles. I liked one called "3 Idiots" but Bollywood movies run a lot longer than your standard Hollywood fare.

Wayne Primeau

Stay Gold
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
Is "animated" or "cartoon" a genre of movie (think Ghibli, Disney, or Dreamworks)? Also, I'd say martial arts films are in their own category, which means they're missing from the current poll.

I have tickets to Star Wars VII at the Chinook theatre with 11 of my buddies. I'm not a huge fan of Star Wars but I prefer it over Star Trek pretty easily.
I prefer Tarantino movies like Django Unchained, Pulp Fiction, or spaghetti westerns/B-movies like Machete or Once Upon A Time in Mexico.

Some of my favourite movies in no particular order:

Jurassic Park
Pulp Fiction
RoboCop
Fox and the Hound
Shaolin Soccer
Once Upon a Time in China
Fearless
Nightmare Before Christmas
Scott Pilgrim vs the World
Kingsman: The Secret Service

Mix of recent and older stuff. Judge my tastes as you wish.

Also, for those who have like 3-4 hours to kill, I recommend trying Bollywood movies if you're good with reading subtitles. They're pretty interesting actually though I haven't found one I loved as much as the aforementioned titles.

Shoot, I completely forgot "animated" as a genre.

Mr Lebowski

Go Flames
Feb 18, 2014
Toronto
Sports and movies are my life.

I just Creed a little while ago and it's my favourite of the year so far, hopefully Star Wars can change that :naughty:

Wayne Primeau

Stay Gold
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
Sports and movies are my life.

I just Creed a little while ago and it's my favourite of the year so far, hopefully Star Wars can change that :naughty:

Have you not seen Mad Max? Fantastic, one of my favourites of all time. Up there with Contact and Star Wars.

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
These days, Television >>>>>> Movies. Especially shows on premium cable.

Because movie companies don't seem to care about the quality of their movies I'm not watching them for a month.

Sean Monahan

JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED
Nov 25, 2011
Murrica
Might go watch Creed since it's got good reviews. Just wondering if I need to watch all the Rockiy movies first though

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
You should watch it now.
I've seen all the originals, I thought they were terrible. I think the story was lame, the acting was god awful and they were cheesy as ****. Same goes for Star Trek, just terrible. I'd rather not subject myself to that torture again.

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
this should be for TV and movies though.

I highly recommend Jessica Jones and Sherlock. Giving Agent Carter & Daredevil a chance now.

I also very highly recommend Banshee and Justified.

Also HBO released the first teaser trailer for GOT Season 6.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta

178197-ruby-rhod-bravo-gif-imgur-tumb-EQtR.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->