OT: The Movie & TV Thread

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
I pounded out Atlanta's first season in an evening. Show is beyond excellent. Great characters, fun story arcs, some episodes are just kind of throw away episodes that are absolutely rich.

The episode about transracial identity/talk show had me laughing out loud throughout.

I watched the first episode a while back. Looked promising, but as a non-native speaker I really had to focus on the language too much and probably missed a lot of stuff. Still going to give it a try at some point because I really liked Glover in Community.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I watched the first episode a while back. Looked promising, but as a non-native speaker I really had to focus on the language too much and probably missed a lot of stuff. Still going to give it a try at some point because I really liked Glover in Community.

Give the subtitles a go; that Atlanta lingo is hard to focus on trying to understand :laugh:

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
RIP Carrie Fisher. 2016 has been an awful year for entertainers, and there's still 4 days left :(

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
There was a really good (and humorous) column about Lemmy in the biggest Finnish newspaper last week: Lemmy was born just couple of months after WW2 ended, he died a year ago, and you can say that 2016 has been a ****** year in many ways.

Everything was better when Lemmy was still around :(

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Finally got some time to go watch Rogue One...

Faaaaaaaaaa, oh man they are smashing it out of the park with these movies. I loved it, this did an awesome job making the combat scenes seem half ass real, and they captured the old school SW feeling imo. Awesome movie.

East Coast Icestyle

Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
Finally got some time to go watch Rogue One...

Faaaaaaaaaa, oh man they are smashing it out of the park with these movies. I loved it, this did an awesome job making the combat scenes seem half ass real, and they captured the old school SW feeling imo. Awesome movie.

Man the ending had me sad as hell. I knew what was coming but they did such a good job making me love the characters. My girlfriend thought it was boring, and a lot of my friends disliked it as well as Force Awakens, but these are great movies IMO

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I really enjoyed Rogue One with the exception of the cheesy CGI cameo at the end.

I thought it was really cool that they wrapped it around right to the start of Episode IV. Besides, next to Tarkin's character the whole movie long, it wasn't difficult to accept that CGI cameo at all.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Anyone watch Boardwalk Empire?

I've finished the first three episodes and while I don't hate it, I'm not exactly in love with any of the characters or storyline yet. Does it get any better?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I loved Boardwalk Empire. LOVED.

Michael K. Williams should have multiple awards for his portrayals of Chalky White and Omar Little (the Wire). I never knew this until tonight, but he was actually discovered by Tupac.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad