OT: The Movie & TV Thread

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Yeah the situations Runkle gets himself in are so funny, they more than make up the whininess of Becca.

And then there's the eye candy.
I just finished season 4 and this might be my new favorite show, I am concerned about seasons 5-7 though as I thought the end of both seasons 3 and 4 would have been perfect endings to the series, so the fear is there that it will jump the shark.

You are also right about Runkle, he and Marcy being parents should be all kinds of hilarious. I am hoping Michael Ealy (Ben) returns for more episodes, he is one of my favorite actors and I think the dynamic between Ben and Hank could be really well done; but I don't think he will return because Hank's whole character revolves around Karen and Becca.

But off to start season 5 now.....

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
The RZA and Meagan Good!?!?!? I don't care if this ends up being terrible or not, I am going to love it!

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Well that might be the fastest I have ever burned through a show. Overall, I loved it. It might be one of my favorite shows and is one I can definitely see myself watching more than one time as it is good for lots of laughs.

Season 7 started off really rough, but the second half of the season made it more palatable. However overall I think it was a disappointing season, it wasn't the same without Becca and Levon took a while to grow on me. Had Becca been around and they revealed Levon/Julia at the end of season 6, I think it would have made a world of difference.

I also wish they'd have gotten to the idea of him writing his own show before the final couple episodes because I think a season around that has a ton of potential as writing about his life could cause Hank to have a serious realization about his life.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Holy crap, you went through that fast! :laugh: Yeah that last season left a lot to be desired for. It's like they had given up and just wanted to finish it off and be done with it, but the series on a whole was really great.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
It sounds like Mayans MC, a spin-off of Sons of Anarchy is in the works.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
It sounds like Mayans MC, a spin-off of Sons of Anarchy is in the works.

I'd be into this. Although I'd be more interested in a spin off focusing on the Irish clubs, but I can see the appeal of keeping it in California.

Man I miss Sons... :(

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I'd be into this. Although I'd be more interested in a spin off focusing on the Irish clubs, but I can see the appeal of keeping it in California.

Man I miss Sons... :(
I was hoping for either Grim ******** or a very loose spin-off about another Sons chapter in a new location

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I know they've been talking about wanting to do it, but has there been any new developments on it? I really like Alvarez.
The new development is the guy who plays Alvarez is involved with the project. But no idea what capacity. But we know without Venus, Hox won't be watching

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I'm actually more into the adult film star that married Opi lol. But Venus is a close 2nd. ;)

Yeah doing another SOA chapter would be ideal, but this makes sense. Otherwise it would be like a sequel. They probably want to go in a different direction to give this series its own flavour. I'll watch it for sure. Hot stuff!!

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Black Mirror is great, I just finished third season. The Twilight Zone type of anthology series with (near future) scifi topics, like how technology affects humans behaviour and society, and not in good way.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Fantastic Beasts was pretty good. My only real complaint is they didn't make enough of an emphasis to make sure important names were enunciated clearly, with the strong New York or British accents.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
i feel stupid for asking, cause i watched it a million times as a kid, but do you guys remember the name of the movie where michael j fox goes back to the future?

all i can think of is teen wolf, but i don't think that that is right

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
i feel stupid for asking, cause i watched it a million times as a kid, but do you guys remember the name of the movie where michael j fox goes back to the future?

all i can think of is teen wolf, but i don't think that that is right

Is it Doc Hollywood?

I bought Suicide Squad on Google Play last night. I thought Margot and Will were excellent. I liked the show overall but some of the acting wasn't the best.

Cara Delevigne should not act. She was moving awkwardly doing these odd body shimmers all movie and I could not figure out what she was doing.

I thought Jared Leto did a really good job as the Joker, I still prefer Heath though. Heath Ledger had an iconic performance for the ages on his character, but I thought Leto was amazing too and I liked where he took the character.

I liked Will Smith in the movie quite a bit, and the Pyro and Croc guys were really cool. But Harley Quinn stole the show for a number of reasons. :naughty;

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I watched that movie like a week ago; man... I'm happy it didn't get any of my money. The movie got chopped to bits, it's hard to follow, the story is just strange, Will is by far the best actor; and we're talking like... multitude of times better than his cast-mates. Like you mentioned Hox, Care Delevigne should just stick to being T&A; because she was horrible. They tried to build these back stories and it just kind of failed.

I had the opposite opinion on Leto; I thought that was the worst Joker ever created for any screen media (Movie, TV, Video Games). Just from how bad he looked to how he was portrayed. I don't know if it's Leto, the script or the way that cut that thing; but I was like... so he's just a gangster who likes to drive fast and laugh? We didn't get to see that pure madness that someone like Ledger brought out (to be fair, Dark Knight is an amazing film, where as Suicide Squad was horriblay).

I did enjoy seeing Ike Barinholtz though :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad