OT: The Movie Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Fuhget about it! Donnie Brasco is why it pisses me off that Depp would rather play another variant of Raoul Duke/Jack Sparrow instead of something like that. Was also great seeing Pacino as the putz instead of the boss for once.
I really liked him in Murder on the Orient Express although his role was brief. The scene in the dining car with Kenneth Branagh was great. A reminder of how good he can be.

Reactions: Chicken N Raffls

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Donnie Brasco is the best non-Scorsese crime drama imo.

*contemplating*

zFWtET.gif

*more contemplating*

vba10pb.gif

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
I really liked him in Murder on the Orient Express although his role was brief. The scene in the dining car with Kenneth Branagh was great. A reminder of how good he can be.

Both great actors. Branagh's "Band of Brothers" speech in Henry V is still the ultimate "run through a wall for this guy" moment in cinema for me. Helps that he had great writing on that one too heh!

Reactions: Jack Straw

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Austin Butler annoys me. Of the crop of extremely talented actors his age — Timothee Chalamet, Paul Mescal, Charlton Heston — I just don’t care for him. He always seems like he’s trying too hard to seem cool. His pouty faces, his weird vocal affectation. He’s rapidly heading towards Spite Actor territory.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Austin Butler annoys me. Of the crop of extremely talented actors his age — Timothee Chalamet, Paul Mescal, Charlton Heston — I just don’t care for him. He always seems like he’s trying too hard to seem cool. His pouty faces, his weird vocal affectation. He’s rapidly heading towards Spite Actor territory.

Do you really even need big money actors in a show like this? Band of Brothers didn’t really have it. Even post that show most of those guys are still maxed out as top tv role/secondary movie role type actors.

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Do you really even need big money actors in a show like this? Band of Brothers didn’t really have it. Even post that show most of those guys are still maxed out as top tv role/secondary movie role type actors.

This was filmed before Elvis even came out (which Tom Hanks co-starred in). Signed on even earlier. I doubt they were big money.

I saw Barry Keoghan in the trailer for maybe one second too. Now, he’s a brilliant actor. I assume it’s a smaller supporting role. It’s really just timing: these guys became more famous in the years between signing on and release.

Funnily enough, Michael Fassbender, James McAvoy, and Tom Hardy were all in Band of Brothers in minor roles.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

2K8.gif

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
So Napoleon's penis resides in NJ....who knew

Also...gives new meaning to a "private" collector for the urologist who owns it..

Last edited:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad