OT: The Menu Part 22 DW Maple Honey Turkey- Trostel Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
lol just saw a commercial for crunchy and creamy Reese's cups and saying they were new...but they used to have crunchy cups before and they were S tier in terms of candy "bars"

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
@Lord Defect this one's for you:

20230430_213927.jpg
20230430_213942.jpg

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
It’s not only the best local place, it’s the only one that’s good, so it’s a double whammy.
2 things, well actually 3

Do you take the temperature of the food before you decide what amount to tip?

I get scared when tipping during online ordering that if I don’t tip enough they’ll f*** with my food. I like to wait until the end if I can

My favorite Chinese place here left a piece of scouring pad in my food. Actually my kids food but I saw it putting it on their plate. I emailed them and said to make it right or I wouldn’t come back. They didn’t make it right. I came back lol

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
2 things, well actually 3

Do you take the temperature of the food before you decide what amount to tip?

I get scared when tipping during online ordering that if I don’t tip enough they’ll f*** with my food. I like to wait until the end if I can

My favorite Chinese place here left a piece of scouring pad in my food. Actually my kids food but I saw it putting it on their plate. I emailed them and said to make it right or I wouldn’t come back. They didn’t make it right. I came back lol
I never include the tip in any online or over phone payments and try to avoid paying before the food arrives. I’d rather pay cash, and I’d rather know the driver gets the tips as intended.
I always take the food from the driver and set it on my kitchen table and then pay.

Personally I'm a big fan kf this beer. Bit not until it's BBW/Beach time. At the end of the day, tou get my pound away seal of approval though
Bbw?

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Over the last few months learnt to make Empanadas and Sopes from scratch...

both gamechangers.

Dirt cheap to make, especially Sopes with just Masa Harina and water, and mouth wateringly good when fresh and fried!

I also love the Empanada dough so much that made a chicken pie with it as well and - tbh - better than standard shortcrust pie dough. The egg added in and a higher flour to butter ratio? With milk instead of water and a higher liquid to flour ratio? Yeh... just incredibly tasty pastry.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Over the last few months learnt to make Empanadas and Sopes from scratch...

both gamechangers.

Dirt cheap to make, especially Sopes with just Masa Harina and water, and mouth wateringly good when fresh and fried!

I also love the Empanada dough so much that made a chicken pie with it as well and - tbh - better than standard shortcrust pie dough. The egg added in and a higher flour to butter ratio? With milk instead of water and a higher liquid to flour ratio? Yeh... just incredibly tasty pastry.
Gamechangers is right. Sopes have no business being so good for how simple they are to make. Gorditas are another one that use the same dough as the sopes, and are also incredibly easy and delicious. You're making me hungry...

Reactions: Appleyard

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Gamechangers is right. Sopes have no business being so good for how simple they are to make. Gorditas are another one that use the same dough as the sopes, and are also incredibly easy and delicious. You're making me hungry...

Yeh, and cost wise too... even in the Netherlands a 1kg bag of Maseca is like 3 euros...

Maybe ~15g flour and added water makes one good sized sope? So can probably make ~70 sopes for... well... 3 euros and the cents for the water bill and the money for oil... depending on how many days making them on. But lets say make 10 at a time and oil is probably ~30 cents per time if not re-using. So like another 2 euros.

That is maybe 7 cents per Sope.

Then making own refried beans for a base? Probably about 35g per sope... so would need about 2.5kg of black beans to do all 70. Which here is probably ~7.50 euros.

So 11 cents per Sope for the refried beans.

A slice of Avocado on each? Means probably 8 Avocados for all 70... so ~6.50 euros for around 8 Avocados.

So 9 cents per Sope for the Avocado.

And then a bit of Queso Fresco? Probably need maybe ~7-8 euros worth to top 70 even though just a smattering.

So probably 11 cents per Sope for the cheese.

That is ~38 cents per Sope... without making large batches... and 2 is pretty much a lunch sized portion (500-600 calories I guess). ~75 cents for a lunch that tasty in Northern Europe? Yeh, I cant think of anything else that is that good a value to taste!

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Ooh free OnlyHands content!
That one’s pretty good.
I drank a few of these this weekend. They’re not terrible.
View attachment 700690
This was my jam back in the day. It used to only be seasonable, but I think they produce it year-round now. Visited 21st Amendment once when I was out in San Fran and had this on tap. It was great. I think they have a mango one out now; that may only be seasonable though.

Reactions: Lord Defect

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I never include the tip in any online or over phone payments and try to avoid paying before the food arrives. I’d rather pay cash, and I’d rather know the driver gets the tips as intended.
I always take the food from the driver and set it on my kitchen table and then pay.

Bbw?

Was supposed to be BBQ.

Reactions: Chinatown88

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
This was my jam back in the day. It used to only be seasonable, but I think they produce it year-round now. Visited 21st Amendment once when I was out in San Fran and had this on tap. It was great. I think they have a mango one out now; that may only be seasonable though.
I was there in 2015 during a Giants World Series game. article a few days later said 21st broke their single day sales record that day. I was glad to help out !

Reactions: Cody Webster

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I typed bbw and it autocorrected to bbq.

You may be able to discern this from my frequent mistyping, but I don't use auto correct regularly.

But if it gives you a better story in your head, you can assume I'm just fanatical about Bath and Body Works, I'm really into Big Beautiful Women, or I'm really excited to partake in Banned Books Week.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
You may be able to discern this from my frequent mistyping, but I don't use auto correct regularly.

But if it gives you a better story in your head, you can assume I'm just fanatical about Bath and Body Works, I'm really into Big Beautiful Women, or I'm really excited to partake in Banned Books Week.
I knew you were about the fancy soaps for your hands.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013

My wife just told me bath and body works is rereleasing cucumber melon shit. It’s about to smell like the mid 90’s everywhere.

You sure you were in the Marines?
50D6FC24-38CD-4E17-A57F-AB8A1235C75E.gif

Reactions: Starat327
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad