Status
Not open for further replies.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
IMG_0137.jpeg

IMG_0138.jpeg

We Made it to the 22nd Edition of The Menu

Trostel is in with the turkey suggestion, I thought maple honey ham was it.

@MiamiScreamingEagles or any admin feel free to lock the 21st edition

@MiamiScreamingEagles or any admin feel free to lock the 21st edition

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Reens? I highly recommend their London broil sandwich
Reen's is the shit. When I worked at the NorthEast office I'd get it every day.

Also DiNic's which has a location in West Collingswood in Jersey near OG Tonewood is an amazing roast beef or roast pork.

How about roast beef? The wife was picked this delicious double Beef n Cheddar from Arby's since she was in the area(nearest one is 1 hr away)
View attachment 691062
That onion roll is great.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Reen's is the shit. When I worked at the NorthEast office I'd get it every day.

Also DiNic's which has a location in West Collingswood in Jersey near OG Tonewood is an amazing roast beef or roast pork.

That onion roll is great.
I am not a big onion person, but yeah, on a BnC, it's delish.

Is anyone going to post food pics? What's everyone eatin?

• Wow
Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Scallops are either really good or f***ing terrible and I’ve had my share of terrible to make me second guess getting a meal with them in it.
Do them yourself. As you can see, quite easy.

I had to look thru my pics....I have them about once a month...in various ways as you can see. Bacon wrapped are so good. Bacon of course just makes everything better.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Maple honey Turkey is like becoming a thing. I saw YouTube recipes for a bread that goes with it sone how.

Do them yourself. As you can see, quite easy.

I had to look thru my pics....I have them about once a month...in various ways as you can see. Bacon wrapped are so good. Bacon of course just makes everything better.
I’ve always had trouble cooking the bacon on the scallop. Last time I did it I had to broil it.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Had a cheesesteak with fried onions and bacon from John’s roast pork. They fell off hard.
It looked like a 1lb cheesesteak from K&A, the meat was stringy, the cheese wasn’t fully melted but it was only in spots of the steak at the same time. It didn’t taste far off from the 1lb cheesesteak either.
This is a damn sin.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

Depends on who you ask. 2-4 years is probably the sweet spot for KBS, depending on what you're looking for. The longer you wait, the less coffee you're going to taste, and the more barrel you're going to get.

Coffee stouts are generally meant to be drank fairly fresh as a general rule, because coffee flavoring dissipates fairly quickly in high ABV beers. But a beer like KBS is also brewed with an overabundance of coffee that, in my opinion, makes it borderline undeonkable fresh, because it hasn't had time to age out some of that coffee and transform it to a barrel flavoring.

TLDR: crack'er open.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I got it from the distributor with the wall of shame
689392EB-542E-48F6-9307-0E1E7561250C.jpeg

For some reason they carry a bunch of (upper tier, middle tier?) inventory that does not sell. They have a bunch of goose island aged bottles and stuff.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I got it from the distributor with the wall of shame
View attachment 693417
For some reason they carry a bunch of (upper tier, middle tier?) inventory that does not sell. They have a bunch of goose island aged bottles and stuff.

I was going to say, some of these places are sitting on things that are liekly hitting their primes. You can walk in their and find pre-aged Bourbon Counties and other (as you mentioned) Goose Island barrel aged beers.

this will mean nothing to you, or most, but there was a spot in LA (tehcnically Carson, just outside of Compton), that i could walk into and they had pre-aged barserrie cantillon bottles just sitting on the shelf... and for like.. a good 10-15 dollars off typical pricing. I remember walking out of there with A Cuvee and a Lou Pepe 5 for like $42 one time (msrp today would be likely be $300)

Artichokes

Mushrooms, olives.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I was going to say, some of these places are sitting on things that are liekly hitting their primes. You can walk in their and find pre-aged Bourbon Counties and other (as you mentioned) Goose Island barrel aged beers.

this will mean nothing to you, or most, but there was a spot in LA (tehcnically Carson, just outside of Compton), that i could walk into and they had pre-aged barserrie cantillon bottles just sitting on the shelf... and for like.. a good 10-15 dollars off typical pricing. I remember walking out of there with A Cuvee and a Lou Pepe 5 for like $42 one time (msrp today would be likely be $300)

Mushrooms, olives.

Wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: