OT: The Menu Part 22 DW Maple Honey Turkey- Trostel Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
curious. I follow what my mom told me in terms of how to cook a roast..be it eye roast or pork roast..but curious as to how some of you all cook a roast...in the oven that is
1682345421691.png

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Salt and pepper generously then pre sear in a hot pan.

Prepare roasting pan with a bed of onions/carrots/celery and potatoes. Sit Roast on it and slow roast at 325 until desired temp in the center of the roast. Watch pan every so often to see if I need to add a little liquid.
Very similar for me.

I also add onion powder
No potatoes
Add a little water
Add quartered mushrooms...adds great taste to the gravy that will follow

DayoftheGreek

Dec 10, 2008
Stayed at a Ryokan for a couple days outside of Kobe. They brought us dinner in the room.
First Course. I honestly can't even remember what everything was at this point. Heated broth on the left was for cooking my vegetables. Sashimi on the top right, sashimi and squid salad?? in the middle.
Second Course
Third course
Cooking my own beef
This is high quality content. I'm very jealous because I barely missed out on a work trip to Osaka earlier this year.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I need a ruling here.
Last night I called and placed an order for Chinese food at 855pm. They close at 10pm. Its 3 minutes from my house.
I place the order, get no guff from woman taking it, and she tells me it’ll be half and hour.
An hour later it still hasn’t arrived.
At 10 after the delivery guy calls me saying he’s outside.
This dude sat on the delivery until close, the food wasn’t cold but it certainly wasn’t hot.

I normally tip delivery drivers great so I get good service, the places we order from generally use the same people rather than a random group so we get to know the drivers. Getting lukewarm food to me means the driver isn’t getting tipped at all.
Obviously I can’t order from them anymore which blows but who’s at fault here? The driver, the restaurant, or me?

Reactions: Chinatown88

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
I need a ruling here.
Last night I called and placed an order for Chinese food at 855pm. They close at 10pm. Its 3 minutes from my house.
I place the order, get no guff from woman taking it, and she tells me it’ll be half and hour.
This dude sat on the delivery until close, the food wasn’t cold but it certainly wasn’t hot.

I normally tip delivery drivers great so I get good service, the places we order from generally use the same people rather than a random group so we get to know the drivers. Getting lukewarm food to me means the driver isn’t getting tipped at all.
Obviously I can’t order from them anymore which blows but who’s at fault here? The driver, the restaurant, or me?
It's most likely the driver who decided to be a bum. I don't think the restaurant would want to lose out on money cause it's an hour away from closing. If it was closer to closing then maybe they would tell the driver to take their time. Can't fully blame you because sometimes we're all too lazy to get up and drive to get our food. I do it because I'm paranoid about delivery people taking too long and if the restaurant screws up my order I'm right there and can handle it.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
It's most likely the driver who decided to be a bum. I don't think the restaurant would want to lose out on money cause it's an hour away from closing. If it was closer to closing then maybe they would tell the driver to take their time. Can't fully blame you because sometimes we're all too lazy to get up and drive to get our food. I do it because I'm paranoid about delivery people taking too long and if the restaurant screws up my order I'm right there and can handle it.
In my eyes if they didn’t want to make the order she could have said on the phone that they were no longer taking order for the night so I don’t think it’s on their end. I do think he dogged the order, but I’m SOL since I can’t order from them again without thinking he’s going to f with the food for getting “stiffed” from his tip.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
In my eyes if they didn’t want to make the order she could have said on the phone that they were no longer taking order for the night so I don’t think it’s on their end. I do think he dogged the order, but I’m SOL since I can’t order from them again without thinking he’s going to f with the food for getting “stiffed” from his tip.
Knowing Chinese people, an hour plus from closing they're taking every order possible. It really sounds like a lazy driver. Just pick it up if you really want the food from this Chinese place bad.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
Knowing Chinese people, an hour plus from closing they're taking every order possible. It really sounds like a lazy driver. Just pick it up if you really want the food from this Chinese place bad.
It’s not only the best local place, it’s the only one that’s good, so it’s a double whammy.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
It’s not only the best local place, it’s the only one that’s good, so it’s a double whammy.
like Chinatown said...if its 3 minutes out..just go get it yerself lazy night or not..especially if it is that good. The place we used to go to closed down and that pretty much means the end of Chinese food for us lol

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
like Chinatown said...if its 3 minutes out..just go get it yerself lazy night or not..especially if it is that good. The place we used to go to closed down and that pretty much means the end of Chinese food for us lol
It’s 3 minutes there to here. It’s longer here to there the way the streets are set up + no parking in that area. Maybe 15 minutes or so.
I’m going to have to order from the wife’s phone and pick it up now though.

All that said, in my eyes if I’m not cooking it, I’m either eating in or having it delivered. I don’t want any juices or grease to get on my seats.
Getting the food is fast food tier.
I also couldn’t bring myself to trust grub hub or anything along those lines.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I need a ruling here.

I am confused.

Why would the delivery guy wait on the order? What does he have to gain? If he left the restaurant say 30 mins after you ordered....so 9:30...would the restaurant not wonder where the hell he went considering it's only 3 mins away? How did you know it was lukewarm before tipping? Did you ask why it took so long?

So many questions.

trostol

Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
Would also figure why wait when he can make other deliveries and more tips...something seems weird

Reactions: Tripod

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
I am confused.

Why would the delivery guy wait on the order? What does he have to gain? If he left the restaurant say 30 mins after you ordered....so 9:30...would the restaurant not wonder where the hell he went considering it's only 3 mins away? How did you know it was lukewarm before tipping? Did you ask why it took so long?

So many questions.
The only thing I could figure is he waited so he could deliver on his way out without having to go back.
I take the food and set it inside before I pay.
Yes I did ask but there’s a whole language barrier between the delivery driver and myself.

Would also figure why wait when he can make other deliveries and more tips...something seems weird
I figure no other orders came in? Or they did and he waited on mine while those cooked to leave for the night?

Reactions: trostol

trostol

Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
The only thing I could figure is he waited so he could deliver on his way out without having to go back.
I take the food and set it inside before I pay.
Yes I did ask but there’s a whole language barrier between the delivery driver and myself.

I figure no other orders came in? Or they did and he waited on mine while those cooked to leave for the night?
That sounds reasonable

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
Joes cheesesteaks makes a cheesesteak with hot sausage. It’s fantastic.
Last night we had hot sausage and had some left over.
Naturally tonight I made my rendition of their Chazarama.
Steak, sausage, cheese whiz , American, green yellow orange peppers, onions, and an accidentally cut all the way through roll.
This really deserved a properly cut, higher tier roll.
559BB5D0-B4F9-40C8-A172-303C1138A359.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad