Speculation: The Matthew Tkachuk Megathread (Is he an $11 million player?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilsrutgersfan

May 2, 2012
How is this for a trade proposal: Devils 2023 1st (Unprotected)+ 2023 2nd+ Holtz.

As long as an extension is agreed to. What do you guys think?

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Well f***.

At this point, I'm more devastated that Eric Francis was actually right.

Keep the rebuild coming. This off season is best off season. Well, it's been the most entertaining for some time.
Yeah at least there's interesting things happening instead of summer nothing

Reactions: Ace Rimmer

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
  • Haha
Reactions: FlamerForLife

Montreal Shadow

Feb 18, 2008
Montreal
Two 100pts player under 30 leaving in the same off-season? Damn.

TheRumble

Feb 19, 2009
Well f***.

At this point, I'm more devastated that Eric Francis was actually right.

Keep the rebuild coming. This off season is best off season. Well, it's been the most entertaining for some time.

Francis the analyst is frequently wrong.

Francis the Insider is usually pretty trustworthy.

People need to learn that there are usually two job with these media personalities. The first is to give their opinion on what's going on in the league and the second is to break news. Sports media believe it or not is one of the most heavily scrutinized types of journalism because of how much money is involved. You'll never see an established media guy just make stuff up for Amazon affiliate clicks like everyone seems to imply when they hear news they don't like.

Example: The guy who broke that Erik Karlsson was Nick Kypreos on HNIC. He did it months before anyone else did. Ottawa fans were livid that he'd lie like that. Three months later they were begging the team in Twitter not to do it and he was gone by training camp the following season.

Reactions: Ace Rimmer

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
is NJ even on his list of teams he would do a long term deal with. No way NJ finalizes a deal without getting a chance to talk to him about a contract first.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
is NJ even on his list of teams he would do a long term deal with. No way NJ finalizes a deal without getting a chance to talk to him about a contract first.
Doesn't look like it but you never know.

One source familiar with Tkachuk’s list said that St. Louis, Vegas, Florida, Nashville and Dallas are options. New Jersey and the New York Rangers are also among the other teams that have expressed interest in the past.

TheRumble

Feb 19, 2009
Baseless speculation on my part

St. Louis - Dad played there and spent a lot of time there as a kid

Vegas - Party capital of America, low taxes.

Florida - Ditto, Miami and Ft. Lauderdale is right there.

Nashville - Ditto. I was there a few years ago, it's a pretty cool city.

Dallas - No offense to any Dallas residents reading this but Dallas is one of the most meh cities I've ever been too. Aside from the lack of income tax in Texas I don't understand this one.

New Jersey and New York - Appeal of being in the Tristate area. New York City is the best city in the world to live in if you're rich next to LA IMO.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Tkachuk wants out. Every GM knows it. And apparently he will only go to like 6 teams. That handcuffs Treliving badly. The return wont be anywhere near as good as this. Sorry to say it Flames fans.
Probably no higher than fiala or DCat return. First rounder and prospect. If the blues like Kyrou and a first. And even with that the blues are going to be scrambling trying to find cap room to make up the $6 mill difference between Kyrou and Tkachuk .

kellmuff96

Sep 13, 2010
I'd say a top 3 protected 1st, a 3-5th best prospect in their system, and a middle 6 player is about the return you're going to get. Unfortunately for the Flames, they have no leverage and the clock is ticking.

• Haha
Reactions: gordonhught

devilsrutgersfan

May 2, 2012
Tkachuk wants out. Every GM knows it. And apparently he will only go to like 6 teams. That handcuffs Treliving badly. The return wont be anywhere near as good as this. Sorry to say it Flames fans.
Well in that case, Holtz + 2023 1st (unprotected) would be more than enough...

Obviously the only issue is whether Tkachuk wants to actually play in Jersey....

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
No team is giving up an unprotected first given the draft that's ahead.
Then Tkachuk will sign his one year deal and be traded 50% retained as a pure rental. The Flames aren't going to accept pennies on the dollar for him.

He's discounted because he's not extending here and only willing to play for certain teams. There's likely to be multiple teams interested and the Flames aren't just going to give him away. If he was signed long term his value wouldn't be Holtz and a 1st. It would be astronomical.

devilsrutgersfan

May 2, 2012
Then Tkachuk will sign his one year deal and be traded 50% retained as a pure rental. The Flames aren't going to accept pennies on the dollar for him.

He's discounted because he's not extending here and only willing to play for certain teams. There's likely to be multiple teams interested and the Flames aren't just going to give him away. If he was signed long term his value wouldn't be Holtz and a 1st. It would be astronomical.
2023 1st (unprotected)+2023 2nd+Holtz+Mercer+Bahl?

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
2023 1st (unprotected)+2023 2nd+Holtz+Mercer+Bahl?
Of course I'd do that. I'd do the Holtz + 1st + 2nd too, I'm just saying that he's already at a discount because of the Flames need to trade him. They aren't going to give him up without significant assets like the other guy was suggesting.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014

#insiderrrrrrrrrrrr

Eric Francis this summer

DxnSs5xWwAAn7v7.jpeg.jpg

Reactions: FlamerForLife

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I hate that Johnny left. That still stings.

But I feel that Tkachuk leaving in this way is best for the Flames. For all the flack Gaudreau took unreservedly for playoff results, Tkachuk was way worse in the playoffs every year. He is very reliant on his linemates, and only had value to the Flames as a terrific foil to other talented players.

With Gaudreau gone, he doesn't bring much to the table for this team moving forward for the price tag.

Reactions: Boomstick and Dack
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad