OT: The It City ... (RTOTD v.3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
I leave tomorrow on a 6:00 AM or so flight, and after a connection and bus ride, I'll be in Maine on a three week canoeing/whitewater trip with no internet access - or really any access. Hopefully I can see who we pick at 4 before I fall off the map, but either way, can't wait to break down FA and the draft with you all when I get back...if the bears don't get me.

Taking vacation right after becoming a mod. How lazy. ;)

SavageSteve

Mar 28, 2008
Nashville, TN
Awesome troll by an American on their Canadian buddy for Canada Day that I saw on tweeter this morning! Freaking EPIC!!

pWMeUTg.jpg

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
wow. about ****ing time. I refuse to listen to that station just because of him.

I think he is funny, and hope he never leaves. The numbers tell you that he is carrying that station.

Please don't tell me you listen to that droll boring George Plaster? He knows nothing about sports except for the Braves. He acts like he single handedly saved the preds, and is this huge fan...but when he talks hockey he has no clue what he is saying.

I'll take the fresh take every time.

WartracePred

Sep 29, 2009
Me, too. I think he's a worthless piece of ****. He's not happy unless he's making fun of or insulting other people.

Travis is an *******, but he is at least entertaining. Plaster is just plain awful. Neither know anything about hockey. Every time either are involved in an interview with a new player, I hold my breath waiting for them to say something uninformed, or even outright moronic. Last week, Plaster welcomed Cullen from the Minnesota North Stars.

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
I think he is funny, and hope he never leaves. The numbers tell you that he is carrying that station.

Please don't tell me you listen to that droll boring George Plaster? He knows nothing about sports except for the Braves. He acts like he single handedly saved the preds, and is this huge fan...but when he talks hockey he has no clue what he is saying.

I'll take the fresh take every time.

I listen to neither, because they both suck, I mainly listen to podcasts marek vs wyshynski, I hate commercials, main reason I listen to iPod & podcasts

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Looks like I might have just gained a hobby. My poor widowed mom asked me to take a look at her coin collection. When I looked I said, 'Um...mom, I think you might have some money in here. That's a penny from the civil war.'

Anybody know any coin collectors?

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Looks like I might have just gained a hobby. My poor widowed mom asked me to take a look at her coin collection. When I looked I said, 'Um...mom, I think you might have some money in here. That's a penny from the civil war.'

I know you; does that count? :)

Civil War penny sounds impressive.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007

not sure what your mom has, but for quite some time the price of silver has made "coin collecting" something of a misnomer.

almost all of the run of the mill loose silver coins are going to be worth more for their silver content than their collectibility, unless they are of exceptional quality, or are very rare.

if she truly has a serious collector's collection (ie coins that have been graded professionally, and are of high quality or extreme rarity), then you need to do your research and if she need the cash, consider selling them yourself on ebay(you'll pay less commission than going through a dealer or auction house but it can be a hassle if you've never done it)

however if most of the coins are basically loose silver American coins from the 1900's up to 1964 then your best bet is find a pawn shop or jeweler who pays the most for scrap silver and sell them in bulk.

and sorry to burst your bubble but searching "civil war penny" on ebay reveals over 500 listings, and the top price that actually has generated any bidding appears to be about $7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad