THE HOME STRETCH: "DAT WILD CARD" - Our Last 15 Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
As it stands:

Ottawa has to face the Rangers, and a Flyers team that's playing spoiler against everyone.

While Pens have Islanders, then the Sabres;
Boston has Washington, Tampa and Florida;
Detroit has a Max-less Montreal and Carolina again;
Islanders have the Pens and Blue Jackets.

We need one of those four to lose out (Isles have to be both reg losses), but Sabres and Carolina games should be guaranteed wins. Pens/Isles just has to go to OT to make them both comfortable.

So really it's down to Boston having the toughest schedule remaining of them. But they're the ones playing the strongest of the bunch.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
What about the bucket of points thrown away at the beginning. If just one of those one-goal losses went to OT, wed be singing a different tune. Lost points are all equal, at the beginning or end of the season.

I mean in this run I suppose. Pittsburgh's OT point may be the straw that broke the camel's back.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Holy **** we can catch the Islanders!

We won't they will bring one to OT at least. Im cheering for Pittsburgh to lose one in reg to Islanders and Boston to lose out to a hot holtby in Washington, A pissed of Florida, and a Hot Lightning team.

Mar 20, 2006
Ottawa
What about the bucket of points thrown away at the beginning. If just one of those one-goal losses went to OT, wed be singing a different tune. Lost points are all equal, at the beginning or end of the season.

And Boston is looking back at losses to the Sabres and Oilers in the last few months. The Sens has gone 5 straight OT, and won most. No point looking back.

Looking forward I will call 3 points in the last two games, then watch the score boards and hope like h*ll.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
My big worry about this stretch drive is the NYR game. They are for real, and we need the 2 points. The only bright side is that it makes no difference if we give up a loser point.

And they just clinched the Pres. Trophy tonight, so honestly... they've got no reason to give it their all... heck, by giving us that game they help cement us as their opponent. I think they'd rather face us than the Pens or Bruins. So there is hope that they'll take their foot off the gas and not play hard so as to avoid injury.

mat_sens

@mat_sens #lalala
Jan 22, 2007
Ottawa
My big worry about this stretch drive is the NYR game. They are for real, and we need the 2 points. The only bright side is that it makes no difference if we give up a loser point.

They clinched the east tonight. Might rest a couple of their players next games, which could benefit us.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
I don't really have a problem with the hole the team dug themselves. It happens. They worked through it.

It's just that they have 95 points and a good chance at more and will likely miss the playoffs. It just sucks how much competition we have. I'm going to be really bummed if we end up with 99 and miss out.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Hopefully this comeback screwed up Fleurys confidence and he lays a giant egg against the Islanders.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
The could rest their top line and top D pair and still be very tough to beat. But yeah, maybe there will be a letdown or something associated with having nothing to play for except avoiding injuries.

Zucs was already resting tonight for general soreness, so yeah... I'm not sure they have anything to really play for other than just making sure Hank is playoff ready.

If anything it'd be a good game to let him see 40 or 50 shots :laugh:

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
also for those thinking Pitts - Buffalo is garanteed for for Pittsburgh . Lindback is playing god like right now

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
As it stands:

Ottawa has to face the Rangers, and a Flyers team that's playing spoiler against everyone.

While Pens have Islanders, then the Sabres;
Boston has Washington, Tampa and Florida;
Detroit has a Max-less Montreal and Carolina again;
Islanders have the Pens and Blue Jackets.

We need one of those four to lose out (Isles have to be both reg losses), but Sabres and Carolina games should be guaranteed wins. Pens/Isles just has to go to OT to make them both comfortable.

So really it's down to Boston having the toughest schedule remaining of them. But they're the ones playing the strongest of the bunch.

Price generally does really really good against the Wings so that should be of little comfort.

Basically, if the sens lose against the Rangers then DET and NYI clinches...but something tells me the Rangers will rest Lundqvist and avoid having him face a very hungry sens team, since they have nothing to gain from it.

I think you guys will get a more clear idea of the playoffs by Friday night, assuming the sens win Thursday night.

BigBush*

Price generally does really really good against the Wings so that should be of little comfort.

Basically, if the sens lose against the Rangers then DET and NYI clinches...but something tells me the Rangers will rest Lundqvist and avoid having him face a very hungry sens team, since they have nothing to gain from it.

I think you guys will get a more clear idea of the playoffs by Friday night, assuming the sens win Thursday night.
RestingLundquist to play Talbot is not reassuring at all

But Price playing Detroit does a little bit

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
If he doesn't start Holtby, i am going to fly all the way to Washington and give him a wet willy and a swirlie.

hes played over 70 games for the caps and they can afford to give him a night off now because of isles and pens losses. pens cant catch the caps until saturday

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
hes played over 70 games for the caps and they can afford to give him a night off now because of isles and pens losses. pens cant catch the caps until saturday

Give him a rest after tomorrow then.

I don't trust their backup to be able to pull off a win against the Bruins.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Give him a rest after tomorrow then.

I don't trust Peters to be able to pull off a win against the Bruins.

true but with washington resting a few players, (wilson, fehr, beagle already confirmed getting night off tomorrow) i can see him going peters but like you said hopefully not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad