THE HOME STRETCH: "DAT WILD CARD" - Our Last 15 Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
How are they depleting? the Bruins have a better core than the sens and they're as good, if not better, as they were back then with the exception of Lucic.

As for the pens, sure they lost some of the key players (Guerin and Gonchar specifically) but they've gained other good players too. They're doing bad now, yes, but they were a top team in the league all season up until a month ago, and with Crosby/Malkin, the pens are sure to be dangerous. They've only not been past round 2 once in the last 7 years, they're a team that knows how to turn it up in the playoffs when you have leaders like Malkin/Crosby.

Can you say the same about the sens as for their recent post-season success? The sens have a hot streak/momentum going on right now, so that's a huge plus, as we both know...Hopefully that momentum won't break with the 4 day rest they'll get after the season ends...but if I'm the Rangers, I'm hoping the sens kind of forget about all the adrenaline rush during those 4 days and the young sens start to feel playoff pressure.

Again, I'm not making an argument against the sens losing or winning against the Rangers, I think it could go either way. I'm just trying to explain why I think the Rangers would like to avoid the Pens and the Bruins.

I think the Rangers would love to play the Penguins. I don't see the Penguins lasting more than 2 games against the Rangers.

I can see them having difficulties with the Bruins though.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
I think the Rangers would love to play the Penguins. I don't see the Penguins lasting more than 2 games against the Rangers.

I can see them having difficulties with the Bruins though.

Yeah, the pens are in quite a bit of a funk right now...whereas the Bruins are on what a 5 game winning streak or something? Bruins turned it around recently, I'm sure the entire league is hoping the Pens don't suddenly turn it around just as the playoffs are about to begin lol.

I think a good Fleury (he's good right now anyways) and Crosby/Malkin are built for the playoffs, my bold prediction is they'll do good if they make it, but I guess we'll have to wait and see lol.

So if you think the Rangers would rather play the pens over the sens, do you think they'll ice Lundqvist and the full roster to make sure they don't see the sens in the post season?

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Yeah, the pens are in quite a bit of a funk right now...whereas the Bruins are on what a 5 game winning streak or something? Bruins turned it around recently, I'm sure the entire league is hoping the Pens don't suddenly turn it around just as the playoffs are about to begin lol.

I think a good Fleury (he's good right now anyways) and Crosby/Malkin are built for the playoffs, my bold prediction is they'll do good if they make it, but I guess we'll have to wait and see lol.

So if you think the Rangers would rather play the pens over the sens, do you think they'll ice Lundqvist and the full roster to make sure they don't see the sens in the post season?

I expect Lundqvist to play being that i would think they would want him to get game time so he can be ready for the playoffs. I mean he has been injured for the past couple of months, so it is not like they have to worry about fatigue.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did rest some of their players though.

When push comes to shove, i guess i will have to say that the Rangers would most likely want to face the Sens just because we may be the easier team. Then again, a hot team with a hot goaltender can take you places and it is not like we don't have any players that have playoff experience. Karlsson, Turris, MacArthur, Ryan, Legwand, Condra, Zibanejad, Methot, Gryba and Pageau all have playoff experience.

HispanicAtTheDisco

Oct 17, 2014
Ottawa, Ont.
Let's hope the Caps can do us a solid and win in regulation, it should be a really good game because both teams are still fighting for something, Washington would love the home ice advantage.

Gotta love how their will be teams battling right up till the very end.

HispanicAtTheDisco

Oct 17, 2014
Ottawa, Ont.

I'm pretty sure the Rangers would love for us to sneak into the first wildcard spot and take on the Habs because of our recent success against them. Nobody wants to face the hot team going into the playoffs, especially one that's been playing playoff hockey for over a month now.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
I'm pretty sure the Rangers would love for us to sneak into the first wildcard spot and take on the Habs because of our recent success against them. Nobody wants to face the hot team going into the playoffs, especially one that's bveen playing playoff hockey for over a month now.

Sens would ****ing steamroll past the habs in 4 or 5...no thank you. I think most habs fans on our board are thankful that matchup is almost no longer a possibility with the rangers clinching the top spot :laugh:

It's a vicious cycle. Price owns the Rangers, Rangers own the sens, sens own the Price :(

BigBush*

How are they depleting? the Bruins have a better core than the sens and they're as good, if not better, as they were back then with the exception of Lucic.

As for the pens, sure they lost some of the key players (Guerin and Gonchar specifically) but they've gained other good players too. They're doing bad now, yes, but they were a top team in the league all season up until a month ago, and with Crosby/Malkin, the pens are sure to be dangerous. They've only not been past round 2 once in the last 7 years, they're a team that knows how to turn it up in the playoffs when you have leaders like Malkin/Crosby.

Can you say the same about the sens as for their recent post-season success? The sens have a hot streak/momentum going on right now, so that's a huge plus, as we both know...Hopefully that momentum won't break with the 4 day rest they'll get after the season ends...but if I'm the Rangers, I'm hoping the sens kind of forget about all the adrenaline rush during those 4 days and the young sens start to feel playoff pressure.

Again, I'm not making an argument against the sens losing or winning against the Rangers, I think it could go either way. I'm just trying to explain why I think the Rangers would like to avoid the Pens and the Bruins.

No, the Rangers have been scouting all of these teams this season, its what they are paid to do.

Ottawa has consistently been a better team the second half of the season. If you've watched them every game you'd know this, but you tune into Habs games 90% of the time.

You honestly think the Bruins are better then they were when they won the cup? They are no where near the same team they were.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
No, the Rangers have been scouting all of these teams this season, its what they are paid to do.

Ottawa has consistently been a better team the second half of the season. If you've watched them every game you'd know this, but you tune into Habs games 90% of the time.

You honestly think the Bruins are better then they were when they won the cup? They are no where near the same team they were.

I think the forwards have gotten better, a main piece of their cup run that year was Tim Thomas...arguably one of the most dominant playoffs by a goalie in recent history, along with Quick and JSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad