THE HOME STRETCH: "DAT WILD CARD" - Our Last 15 Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
To be brutally honest, it happens a lot in the last few games of the season. Not saying teams deliberately throw games, but if they know losing means an easier first round matchup, you will see a lot of 'black aces' and rookies suddenly in the lineup. Happens every year.

That's why it's best case scenario for us that NYR clinches Pres. Trophy before Thursday :laugh: Assuming we win tomorrow of course. We'd actually have the 'easier' final schedule... a team that wants to rest, and a team that'd actually prefer us to win; compared to a team that is fighting for divisional spot, and a team that has nothing left to do but play spoiler.

orkid

Jun 25, 2014
That's why it's best case scenario for us that NYR clinches Pres. Trophy before Thursday :laugh: Assuming we win tomorrow of course. We'd actually have the 'easier' final schedule... a team that wants to rest, and a team that'd actually prefer us to win; compared to a team that is fighting for divisional spot, and a team that has nothing left to do but play spoiler.

Yeah, good point. If NYR clinches the Presidents trophy they'd probably rather face us than Pittsburgh in the first round. Letting us win vs them helps increase the chance of that happening (if we beat PITT tomorrow).

Melgene Eunyk

Mar 29, 2015
Big ****ing game tomorrow night boys.. I think we come up big and take it 4-2. And I think there's a decent chance that the Islanders will beat the penguins.. so I still believe

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
This thread is for discussion of the wild card race.
Not an attendance thread, or who deserves a franchise thread, or fanbase fickleness thread.

Please keep it OT.

Last edited:

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Not an attendance thread, or who deserves a franchise thread, or fanbase fickleness thread.

Please keep it OT.

But, but.. I thought my Hartford analogy was brilliant :laugh:

On topic, go Team. The numbers have been crunched, we know it's an uphill battle. There's not much left to say in this thread until the events of tonight play out.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013

Please keep it OT.

Is that short for on-topic or off-topic. :sarcasm:

Anyways, Sens need to win this one to stay in the race.

MakeOttawaGreatAgain

Illest guy in town!
Feb 28, 2007
I really think we're gonna win tonight, NYI will beat the Pens next game, and the Pens will beat Buffalo, desperately hoping we lose our last game.

We'll go 3-0 and make the playoffs and sweep MTL.

The Professional

Sens Army Special Operations Command
Dec 4, 2005
Aylmer, Québec
The shootout loss on sunday definitely was a tough one and I was demoralized as ****, but now I'm over it. They still played a good 2nd and 3rd period and were it not for Bernier they would have won easily. They got a point at least which is huge at this point. True ideally we wanted the second point, but getting 1 is still crucial at this moment of the season. The wildcard situation is not as dramatic as I thought after Sunday's loss. We don't quite control our destiny entirely right now, but a win tonight and all of a sudden, we're tied with Pittsburgh, Boston and maybe even Detroit at the end of the night. At that point, it becomes a 4 way tie between Ottawa, Boston, Pittsburgh and Detroit for 3 playoffs spots, with Pitt, Det and Ott all with 2 games remaining. Essentially it then comes down to who can do better in their last 2 games of the season. Out of those 3 teams, Detroit and Pittsburgh are struggling while Ottawa is on fire. At that point, my money would be on Ottawa making it, and one of Pit or Det falling.

But it all starts with a win tonight.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I think we are going to have to rely on Boston losing imo.

Detroit is playing the Habs next (without pac) and then the Hurricanes next.

Pens are playing the Islanders next and they have just been **** lately. Did you see what happened to them tonight? Then they got Buffalo.

Boston has the harder schedule. As long as they only win one game and the Sens win their last two games, they are in.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
I think we are going to have to rely on Boston losing imo.

Detroit is playing the Habs next (without pac) and then the Hurricanes next.

Pens are playing the Islanders next and they have just been **** lately. Did you see what happened to them tonight? Then they got Buffalo.

Boston has the harder schedule. As long as they only win one game and the Sens win their last two games, they are in.

Magic numbers are:
Boston 4, Pittsburgh 3, Detroit 2, Islanders 1
and Boston needs a ROW with that.

So yeah, we do need Boston to lose.
And we need that Pens/Isles game to finish in regulation.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Oh look, we meet again sens fans, we would be glad to help you tomorrow against the bruins. You gave us a point now we would hopefully can return the favor :)

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
20 points in our last 26 games.

Anyone who says we're not doing enough down the stretch is off their rocker. If we played like this all year, we'd be talking about adding a President's Trophy banner to the rafters at CTC right now.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
I swear to god, if it comes down to us needing Buffalo to beat Pittsburgh at the end of the season, I'm going to cry.

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
All the Isles needed was a single point to clinch and they blew it in the last 10 seconds. They join the mix in the final day if they lose to the Penguins.

Obviously, go Isles! (in regulation vs. Pittsburgh) , but if they lose that, we could overtake them too.

Last edited:

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
All the Isles needed was a single point to clinch and they blew it in the last 10 seconds. They join the mix in the final day if they lose to the Penguins.

Obviously, go Isles! (in regulation vs. Pittsburgh) , but if they lose that, we could ovetake them too.

A new challenger has appeared?

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
The Sens would be in a playoff spot if this was last season.

All it took was 93 points to make it.

****ing McDavid. Literally caused point inflation this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad