Player Discussion The Henrik & Daniel Sedin Discussion - Part IV | Encore for 2019?

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
how is bowie horvat a homer to the point of satire until it comes to the one singular thing he can be a homer about

Cuz if Henrik in his 11*?th Season in the NHl played like Bo Horvats first 40 games we would have the Stanely Cup

Last edited:

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
Cuz if Henrik in his 13*?th Season in the NHl played like Bo Horvats first 40 games we would have the Stanely Cup

henrik's last five seasons are all better game by game and in any run of games than horvat will ever be able to string together in his entire career. i love horvat already - but he will never, ever be as effective as henrik has been since 2008 through to right now

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
henrik's last five seasons are all better game by game and in any run of games than horvat will ever be able to string together in his entire career. i love horvat already - but he will never, ever be as effective as henrik has been since 2008 through to right now

When it counts he will, when #'s mean nothing and W's do

I guess I can't argue Henrik is effective at scoring points

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Efficient is a cop out for feasted on Edmonton/Calgary in regular seasonx3.

They'll have their chance to prove to me they're the best we'll ever have in about 2/3 years

Every other star in the Pacific had their chance to rack up points against the Oilers and Flames too.

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
I think I just really temper regular season numbers.

After Daniel did the thrugh the legs on Kipper it's kinda like well this is just mocking the record.

It woulda been nice to have a champion ship :3

dave babych returns

Dec 2, 2011
Ahh yes, the old "they're not good enough to singlehandedly drag the team to a championship" criticism.. the same one you could level at 99.99% of all the players in league history

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
and other players in the league didn't feast in Calgary and Edmonton? Henrik Sedin in 2009/2010 had the most even strength points since Mario in the 90's. it's hilarious seeing the pathetic excuses on here.

What's hilarious are the excuses people make for them in the playoffs.

Sure, great regular season players, not doubting that. But they aren't the same players come playoff time. I also question how good of a leader Henrik is. Completely ignoring the fact that he doesn't lead the team in the playoffs, he also hasn't been much help in bringing along youth players like people think he does. If he were, we'd have gotten through to Kassian. Hodgson wouldn't have had all those issues. And we wouldn't need the Dorsetts and Prusts of the world for guys like Horvat to "rub shoulders with."

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
You know the difference between you and me, Y2k?

There is a thread (or threads) on this forum in which I consistently disagree with the majority of the people in it. These are the "let's bash anything and everything management does" threads. But I purposely avoid them as much as I can. Because I know that I waste my time trying to convince people the opposite of what they already believe. It's silly to think you can do otherwise. However, you seem to thrive on it. That if you didn't have the Sedins to **** on all the time and have people attack you and get into pissing matches, you wouldn't have a reason to be on here.

To be clear, I'm not saying you are trolling. I believe that you believe what you are saying for the most part. But for some reason you are attracted to the volatile discussions rather than the constructive.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
to be fair, the minority opinions keep the discussion going. or else it's just: benning sux. i agree. how about that sbisa extension? you know it. high fives all around.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
FIRE BENNING :nod:
mel-gibson-braveheart.jpg

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver

Sure, great regular season players, not doubting that. But they aren't the same players come playoff time. I also question how good of a leader Henrik is. Completely ignoring the fact that he doesn't lead the team in the playoffs, he also hasn't been much help in bringing along youth players like people think he does. If he were, we'd have gotten through to Kassian. Hodgson wouldn't have had all those issues. And we wouldn't need the Dorsetts and Prusts of the world for guys like Horvat to "rub shoulders with."

58 points in 62 games for henrik sedin since 09/10. in b4 you cherry pick the san jose series. im not posting further on this topic, we've had our debates over the years I've wasted way too much time on this.

Hardyvan123

tweet@HardyintheWack
Jul 4, 2010
Vancouver
and other players in the league didn't feast in Calgary and Edmonton? Henrik Sedin in 2009/2010 had the most even strength points since Mario in the 90's. it's hilarious seeing the pathetic excuses on here.

10 was a great year for Hank and his best year easily.

The thing is that is quite a while ago (5 years) and now he is adding points and has an even worse supporting cast around him and this will be the legacy (the height of the 10 season) of this final contract.

The reality is that he isn't going to get any better or any closer to a SC than he did in 11 when he and his brother didn't actually distinguish themselves in that series or playoffs, aside from feasting on a injury depleted Sharks team.

The other 3 series that year where usual less than impressive for the post season, something we saw once again last year against Calgary.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
58 points in 62 games for henrik sedin since 09/10. in b4 you cherry pick the san jose series. im not posting further on this topic, we've had our debates over the years I've wasted way too much time on this.

Kinda like how you cherry picked using 09/10 too?

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
twins are literally the last thing I worry about.

great players. still some of the greatest in the league. i love them.

the only problem with them - the only one - is that they're propping up an otherwise terrible team that maybe (probably) needs to be dismantled to get anywhere.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton

If only Kassian and Hodgson had clutch Conn Smythe/3x Cup winner Patrick Kane as a model of superstar leadership...

IMO, the Dorsetts and Prusts were brought in because our GM is a moron, not because of Henrik's leadership. Pretty sure you feel that way when it's not framed within the convenient context of bashing the Sedins.

The Sedins carried us into the playoffs last season. 2014 happened because Henrik was injured and they didn't. We're about to find out in the next couple years what happens (and what the team looks like) when the Sedins don't sledgehammer this team into the playoffs... hopefully it will make people appreciate just how great they were/are.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
it only takes 2013 to see what happens when henrik and daniel arent top 10 players in the league. they're honestly screwing us out of elite prospects by being so goddamned good

gfk

Nov 14, 2013
Which Sedin is better, Henrik or Daniel? What if Daniel never got those injuries he would've had 38g,111p in 09-10, 34g,78p in 11-12.

Sedin Sedin Bertuzzi would've been unstoppable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad