Player Discussion The Henrik & Daniel Sedin Discussion - Part IV | Encore for 2019?

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
Sedins were a mistake four years ago. They were declining. We saw the results.

This, for whatever reason, is a poorly run team. The franchise makes money, though. Soon, the City will spend millions remaking the neighbourhood around the arena. Owners are raking it in! They do not need anything more than spectacle and plausible storyline to sell tickets. Market demand determines product viability. So, we get reliable stooges trying to reinvent the Ice Capades, not a team trying to win anything. The entire hockey community has figured this out and regards the Canucks as a team that isn't serious about hockey. Keeping the ineffective Sedins just proves it.

hellstick

Nov 2, 2006
Abbotsford
This might sound odd to say, but honestly it's too bad there's two of them. If it was Henrik or Daniel and not the other, a short term extension is easy to live with and is at least justifiable, but the Sedins have a problem - they can't play apart, and they're slow as hell, making any line they play on completely ineffective at 5 on 5. Power play is a different beast entirely, but eventually you're going to need guys like Pettersson and Gaudette filling in those roles. I've seen this analogy floated around recently and I like it - The Sedins are like a bandaid. You just have to yank it off. I think I agree with that sentiment, even if I do waver on the issue of letting them walk at times. Because honestly, I can see a use for them in some sort of mentorship role, but their overall play has just completely eroded (and won't be any better at 38 years old).

As bad as those Coyotes games were, I might buy tickets to the rematch on April 5th. It might be the last time we see them in Roger's Arena.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
They need to show the new people how to play the right way.

one of them needs to let pettersson and dahlen live in the carriage house of his southlands mansion and pack on some pounds and muscle shoveling hay and horse poo in the stables.

jonathan dahlen is a dahlen. how is that kid so skinny?

c5cbce8aca1895bd102f7817a96c82f7.jpg

Reactions: cabinessence

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad