Player Discussion The Henrik & Daniel Sedin Discussion - Part IV | Encore for 2019?

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
Best players to ever don a Vancouver Canucks jersey. Hope they continue to be the best players we've ever had. I expect them to be in the 65-80 point range this season.

Zarpan

Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver
Cuz if Henrik in his 11*?th Season in the NHl played like Bo Horvats first 40 games we would have the Stanely Cup

If Henrik played like Horvat's first 40 games, we would have easily been turfed in the first round.

I love Horvat's game, but that's madness.

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
Which Sedin is better, Henrik or Daniel? What if Daniel never got those injuries he would've had 38g,111p in 09-10, 34g,78p in 11-12.

Sedin Sedin Bertuzzi would've been unstoppable.

This is why i laugh at people cheering for chicago, keith ruined our daniel

guy is a scum bag

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
If Henrik played like Horvat's first 40 games, we would have easily been turfed in the first round.

I love Horvat's game, but that's madness.

If daniel punched marchand out cold and played with a tenth the edge horvat does as a teenager we would be stanely cup champions.

but ironically horvat will lead them to victory on the 1st line they once held, ending it as champions on a stacked 4 line team with one of the rookies being the elite rw they have never had getting 10 min a night for 2.0 mil a yr.

history will be made

banme*

Jun 7, 2014
no. they are all 25 guys arguing with jimson hogarth.

just like this thread has been 25 people arguing with y2k for like a decade.

Jimson Hogarth is the most courageous poster in hfcanucks history. Good guy to have around here to rub elbows with the rookie posters.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
Henrik is a center which is a more valuable position with more defensive responsibility.

However, Daniel is a better shooter and probably just as good of a passer. The only reason Daniel is the 'goalscorer' of the two is because they need one and between the two it clearly isn't going to be Henrik. If Daniel didn't have Henrik and wasn't playing with a world class set up guy, he would be the world class set up guy.

Anyway, I find it tough to compare them for that reason. Offensively Daniel is better IMO, but the C position is more valuable.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Sad reality is that despite all of the changes, trades and UFA's coming and going, the Sedins will once again have to define the 'Nucks season....worry is that as the years start to take their toll, it'll be injuries rather than the on-ice performance that becomes an issue...more so than ever, thanks to Benning's off-season "re-make', the 'Nucks are still only a 'Sedin-injury' away from being a definite lottery team...sobering:help:

discordant concord

Jan 13, 2010
Temples of Syrinx
Sad reality is that despite all of the changes, trades and UFA's coming and going, the Sedins will once again have to define the 'Nucks season....worry is that as the years start to take their toll, it'll be injuries rather than the on-ice performance that becomes an issue...more so than ever, thanks to Benning's off-season "re-make', the 'Nucks are still only a 'Sedin-injury' away from being a definite lottery team...sobering:help:

Isn't that the idea

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
After the Keith hit Henrik separated himself from Daniel as being the better player.. correct me if I'm wrong. I know C is more important but I always saw them both as equally talented

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
The real Pauser died, IIRC. Y2KCanucks was named The Pauser here in reference to him, but changed his name, I think.

Changed my name to y2k after the real Pauser passed away, out of respect. I no longer use that name, but people still refer to me by that name since I had used it for so long.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
How would you know that an online forum user died in real life, anyways?

because he not an online forum poster but an infamous team 1040 radio caller named Paul Lafleur. There's an obituary and a youtube compilation!

i learned this with one google.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Daniel was slumping before the Keith hit, so to blame Keith for Daniel's regression isn't correct.

I think it's fair to say both contributed. Daniel likely would still be a 25-30ish goal scorer and be more of an offensive threat than he is now. But he wouldn't be the same player here was in 2010-12.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad