'The Great Dane' - Freddy Andersen Appreciation Thread

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
BRUTAL start to the season with the Winnipeg game not withstanding but he's made up for it since then with his recent play. I just wish there wasn't always a case of extremes with him. To be fair to Andersen though the team has struggled at times defensively in front of him and he's been left out to dry.

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
I hope Andersen plays like this in April May June. Don't care if he plays like this in Oct or Nov. Playoffs matter more.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Don't worry freddy, your boy mikeyg will bleed the snakes around here every October for you. I've said it for 2 years now, fred is elite, this team's defense isn't anywhere close to elite. As our team play improves his numbers are just going to get better, dude is clutch.

Before the next one of you starts spinning bs about freddy after his next off game just stop and ask yourself... how many people on this earth can give you 65 good starts a season while stealing 15 of them all while having vezina months sprinkled in throughout? Dude is a championship calibre goalie, something this team hasn't had during their prime years for decades.

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
Hopefully the refs start giving Freddy some more respect now. He gets bumped every game and hardly ever gets calls.

MapleLeafistan

Oct 5, 2017
Victoria, BC
I think Andersen indeed had a slump in October, however to claim his November numbers are normal is also stretching it. He's playing very well, and eventually will cool down....won't revert back to October form, but won't remain in November form either. Probably something inbetween...hope I'm wrong.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
Loving seeing us win a bunch of games with only 1-2 goals against. I think our defensive issues were a bit overblown at the start of the season, because our goaltending for the first month really was quite bad. Now it's on the opposite end of the spectrum, where the goaltending has been unsustainably good.

If we get solid, but not spectacular, goaltending for the rest of the season. I think our GAA would be middle of the pack or slightly higher, not bottom 5-10. So room for improvement, but not a tire fire either.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Terrible October; Fantastic November.

I'm scared for what December has in store for us.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Terrible October; Fantastic November.

I'm scared for what December has in store for us.

We have the toughest schedule to close out the year. There may be some turbulence in December. I’ll be happy if we can go .500 or slightly above it.

Andersen has rebounded very nicely. I didn’t expect lightning to strike twice. He looked awful in October. Perhaps someone should just tell him that October is actually November and we will never have a problem.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Bad news is Freddy has allowed a weak goal in 3 straight games.
Good news is that he is still playing well.

81Leafs50

May 14, 2010
Toronto
LOVE steady Freddie! he is good. He will be great. When the Leafs are ready to content, he will be the man in net!

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
SECOND STAR - FREDERIK ANDERSEN, G, TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS

Andersen went 9-2-1 with a 2.14 goals-against average, .938 save percentage and two shutouts to guide the Maple Leafs (17-9-1, 35 points) to a 10-4-1 November. He allowed two or fewer goals in eight of his 12 appearances, highlighted by consecutive shutouts Nov. 16 vs. NJD (42 SV) and Nov. 18 at MTL (33 SV). Andersen made 40-plus saves three other times during the month: Nov. 22 at FLA (42 SV), Nov. 24 at CAR (43 SV) and Nov. 30 at EDM (41 SV). The 28-year-old Herning, Denmark, native ranks second in the NHL with 15 wins this season, compiling a 2.76 goals-against average, .919 save percentage and three shutouts (tied for the League lead) in 23 outings.

Reactions: Gary Nylund

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad