GDT: The Free Agent Frenzy, Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
We almost got him in 2002 or 2003 :laugh:
It was 03 I think, and I wonder if he felt like garbage until he finally won a cup? I'm pretty sure it was in 03. He chose the Avalanche instead, and Padtrick the Avs **** the bed against the Wild, and Selanne went home in the first round.
I wonder if anyone will sign D'Agostini. Lol if not then were looking at probably 1 out of the 6 players we acquired/signed last year being in the NHL next year (Loktionov). God, last season was a dumpster fire for all parties involved. Thank god Lou rebounded over these last 2 weeks.
I tried to find out if Ponikarovsky went to the KHL. Can't find any confirmation that he did, but I predicted he would either have to go play in the KHL, or struggle to find work.

Hey Booby Butler might make the Panthers NHL team though!:laugh:

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
It was 03 I think, and I wonder if he felt like garbage until he finally won a cup? I'm pretty sure it was in 03. He chose the Avalanche instead, and Padtrick the Avs **** the bed against the Wild, and Selanne went home in the first round.

I tried to find out if Ponikarovsky went to the KHL. Can't find any confirmation that he did, but I predicted he would either have to go play in the KHL, or struggle to find work.

Hey Booby Butler might make the Panthers NHL team though!:laugh:

I thought it was already confirmed that Poni left. If Butler doesn't make the Panthers then I imagine he'll just dip to Europe. That's basically where all those kinds of AHL tweeners go. I've literally heard NOTHING about D'Agostini. He'll probably be a training camp invite somewhere but if he falters again he'll probably bounce to Europe. The bigger ice surface would probably suit him better anyway. Sullivan should hang em up. Last year was not Lou's finest work :laugh:.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
I thought it was already confirmed that Poni left. If Butler doesn't make the Panthers then I imagine he'll just dip to Europe. That's basically where all those kinds of AHL tweeners go. I've literally heard NOTHING about D'Agostini. He'll probably be a training camp invite somewhere but if he falters again he'll probably bounce to Europe. The bigger ice surface would probably suit him better anyway. Sullivan should hang em up. Last year was not Lou's finest work :laugh:.

Sullivan was good here last year. I would of had no issue bringing him back

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Yeah I didn't mind Sullivan either. He was okay, but I remember him being a boob on the PP a couple times. It was in the same game, and it caused two shorthanded goals against the Bruins.

Then again Poni got off to a similar start in his first 8 games, and recorded as many points as Sullivan did his only 8 games. We all know what happened after that. I think Sullivan will retire.

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
Yeah I didn't mind Sullivan either. He was okay, but I remember him being a boob on the PP a couple times. It was in the same game, and it caused two shorthanded goals against the Bruins.

Then again Poni got off to a similar start in his first 8 games, and recorded as many points as Sullivan did his only 8 games. We all know what happened after that. I think Sullivan will retire.

Yea the first period of that Boston game was Maclean era hockey. We were down 3-0 so fast my head spun. Sullivan kept trying to pass the puck cross ice or kept fumbling with it that led to those shorty's. Just a complete trainwreck.

hlaverty06

Feb 11, 2012
NJ all day
Sullivan was a disaster. Turned the puck over religiously at the blueline on the PP ad was a complete wreck defensively.

Playing with Elias and Zajac who cares about his D? And 5 points in 8 games wasnt bad. Just misused him on PP. if we didnt sign Ryder I would've taken him back for sure.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Playing with Elias and Zajac who cares about his D? And 5 points in 8 games wasnt bad. Just misused him on PP. if we didnt sign Ryder I would've taken him back for sure.

theres not caring about D, and theres constant turnovers leading to SHGs that Elias and Zajac cant do anything about

apice3*

I really don't know where people came up with the logic of "put the defensive liability with strong defensive forwards and he's no longer a defensive liability."

We brought him in SOLELY to fix the PP. And he made it worse.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Yea the first period of that Boston game was Maclean era hockey. We were down 3-0 so fast my head spun. Sullivan kept trying to pass the puck cross ice or kept fumbling with it that led to those shorty's. Just a complete trainwreck.

There was also a shorty penalty shot too that Marty stopped. That was an awful ****in game, and somehow we got to within one to lose only 5-4! We also killed off the major that Volchenkov caused for his elbow to Marchand, and Zajac scored a shorty on it.

Best part about that game was it was the last time we had to Kone for 4 games.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
There was also a shorty penalty shot too that Marty stopped. That was an awful ****in game, and somehow we got to within one to lose only 5-4! We also killed off the major that Volchenkov caused for his elbow to Marchand, and Zajac scored a shorty on it.

Best part about that game was it was the last time we had to Kone for 4 games.

Hey maybe with our improved team and Boston making all sorts of moves we might be able to BEAT them once this year!!! Think that might happen?!?!

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Hey maybe with our improved team and Boston making all sorts of moves we might be able to BEAT them once this year!!! Think that might happen?!?!

Ugh! Don't even get me started with Boston!:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

The only team in the league we can never get a break against. We lost by one goal each time to them this year too. Even the game we blown out. One game they got the most lucky break for that goal off Jagr's skate, and then the shootout loss where they scored with 4 minutes left in the game.:shakehead:madfire:

kiwidevil

Adding two, possibly 3 forwards if Olesz sticks is plenty of roster turnover as it is, possibly too much.

Adding another, especially one like Jagr, is overkill.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Looking forward to 2013-2014

We have 19 million dollars to spend .

UFAs
Carter
Bernier
Gionta
Olesz
Fayne
Brodeur