GDT: The Free Agent Frenzy, Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevilChuk*

Zubrus can C. Just flip him and Josefson

I would love Jagr on this team if we can get him cheap. The more depth the better

Oy that looks great as well

Clowe - Zubrus - Ryder
Carter - Josefson - Bernier

love that 4th line

King Henrique

¡ɹǝʌo s,ʇı ¡ǝnbıɹuǝɥ
Jan 8, 2010
NJ
Jagr? eww. Couldn't stomach watching him on the Devils, plus he is old as dirt and would have to be rested way too much. No thanks.

DevilChuk*

Ryder-Henrique-Kovy
Elias-Zajac-Jagr
Clowe-Lokti-Zubrus
Carter-Josefson-Bernier

For some reason, I can't see Kovy and Ryder working out together. Dunno if I have a legitimate reason for this or not though.

Not sure that 3rd line would be up to snuff there either.

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
no problem with janssen and pelley coming in on deals to play in the AHL. jagr on the other hand as ive repeated, not keen on considering how many forwards the devils already have.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
For some reason, I can't see Kovy and Ryder working out together. Dunno if I have a legitimate reason for this or not though.

Not sure that 3rd line would be up to snuff there either.

Then do this

Henrique-Lokti-Kovy
Elias-Zajac-Ryder
Clowe-Zubrus-Jagr
Carter-Josefson-Bernier

Goodluck taking the puck off that 3rd line. Talk about puck possession dear lord

King Henrique

¡ɹǝʌo s,ʇı ¡ǝnbıɹuǝɥ
Jan 8, 2010
NJ
If we are going to spend money on another forward, I would much rather have someone else. Especially with the money that Jagr will likely command.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Then do this

Henrique-Lokti-Kovy
Elias-Zajac-Ryder
Clowe-Zubrus-Jagr
Carter-Josefson-Bernier

Goodluck taking the puck off that 3rd line. Talk about possession dear lord

holy mackerel. talk about possession 0_0

EDIT: i was so amazed I stole your own comment hahh

DevilChuk*

Then do this

Henrique-Lokti-Kovy
Elias-Zajac-Ryder
Clowe-Zubrus-Jagr
Carter-Josefson-Bernier

Good god..

if Jagr comes here cheap and can actually skate past the halfway mark, that's a sick line-up.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Then do this

Henrique-Lokti-Kovy
Elias-Zajac-Ryder
Clowe-Zubrus-Jagr
Carter-Josefson-Bernier

I'd be ok with that...though not sure where Jagr came from :laugh:

I think we need to get away with how Pete would keep Zach and Kovy together. Split the snipers up.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Good god..

if Jagr comes here cheap and can actually skate past the halfway mark, that's a sick line-up.

im actually ok with it now. thats quite a line. let JJ and Ted fester in Albany or package them away. this looks niiiice

DevilChuk*

Are we seriously still discussing Jagr?

Yea, cause of this tweet:

Michael Pantaleone ‏@PantzNHL 50m

A report out of Russia suggests that Jaromir Jagr is interested in signing with the #Devils to play alongside Elias. I guess we'll see soon.

Doesn't mean its happening but certainly worth discussing what we'd do with the lines if it did.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Are we seriously still discussing Jagr?

It's only because some tweet out of Russia said he would like to play with Elias, and wants to play for the Devils. I don't see him coming.

apice3*

Jagr on a cheap 1 year deal wouldn't be that bad. He ran out of gas this past year so we'd have to really manage his ice time and get him some rest so he can produce in the playoffs. His stat line was brutal in the playoffs but he was dangerous as **** in some of the bigger games.

Forward lines would be an absolute mess.

Henrique - Zajac - Kovalchuk
Elias - Loktionov - Jagr
Clowe - Josefson - Ryder
Zubrus - Carter - Bernier

Zubrus on the 4th line :laugh:

I don't think the best idea for limiting the minutes of a player who ran out of gas in 1/2 a season is to give him top 6 minutes in a full season.

Signing him makes us lose 2 roster players and inhibit a 3rd, as well as losing the little cap space we have to improve at the deadline. All for a 40 year old who we expect to run out of gas.

apice3*

Yea, cause of this tweet:

Michael Pantaleone ‏@PantzNHL 50m

A report out of Russia suggests that Jaromir Jagr is interested in signing with the #Devils to play alongside Elias. I guess we'll see soon.

Doesn't mean its happening but certainly worth discussing what we'd do with the lines if it did.

It's only because some tweet out of Russia said he would like to play with Elias, and wants to play for the Devils. I don't see him coming.

I bet he signs in either the KHL or Czech Republic.

DevilChuk*

I don't think the best idea for limiting the minutes of a player who ran out of gas in 1/2 a season is to give him top 6 minutes in a full season.

Signing him makes us lose 2 roster players and inhibit a 3rd, as well as losing the little cap space we have to improve at the deadline. All for a 40 year old who we expect to run out of gas.

Doesn't mean he has to play every game..

Signing him makes us lose ONE roster player.. he only takes up ONE spot.. we already have to lose one even if we don't sign him.

He played a ton of games this past season in a short period of time.. I'd be down to give him a shot and rest him every few games down the stretch if necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad