The Free Agency/Trades Thread (Proposals, Speculation, Rumors) III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I have a hard time believing Ribeiro would be involved for a few reasons. A.) Adding Johansen would bolster our weak options at center and subtracting Ribs would negate a lot of the RyJo benefit. B.) Columbus is nowhere near contending right now and can't build around him in the future. C.) We may be struggling a little bit but he's of more use to us for a playoff run. D.) I can see Torts and Ribs fighting each other within 5 minutes of the first practice.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
I wonder if the "veteran forward" might be Hodgson. That would make room to push Fisher down to the third line.

edit: Not that I really expect CBJ to go for that...

Been thinking about that, too. Would give an asset for CBJ at the TDL if he could produce some more.

Edit: As Drake mentioned CBJ isn't contending now they wanna load up draft picks.

David Singleton

Jun 23, 2005
Dickson, TN
I have a hard time believing Ribeiro would be involved for a few reasons. A.) Adding Johansen would bolster our weak options at center and subtracting Ribs would negate a lot of the RyJo benefit. B.) Columbus is nowhere near contending right now and can't build around him in the future. C.) We may be struggling a little bit but he's of more use to us for a playoff run. D.) I can see Torts and Ribs fighting each other within 5 minutes of the first practice.

As in, literally.

PredsHabs

Jul 9, 2013
Lyles,TN
"Top flight defenseman and a veteran forward" is what EK reported.

Then Wilson moves to C in practice yesterday.

So my guess is something around.

Jones + Ribeiro

For

Johansen + Hartnell

Then we run this top six.

Forsberg-Johansen-Neal
Hartnell-Wilson-Smith

Or something close to that.

Or we could be showcasing Wilson at C or maybe last ditch effort before we make a move.

Who knows!

Last edited:

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I agree with you quite often but WHY?
I'm going to predict an explanation about salary concerns, which admittedly is valid. In a case of Johansen and Hartnell being added we're going to need to dump some salary of our own just as a starting point. I wouldn't say we would be "sorry" for the trade but the money will need to be worked around for sure. Johansen will be owed a raise after next season and on top of some other hefty salaries we are/will be dealing with, it makes me increasingly under the assumption that Jones wouldn't be able to fit a contract in as well.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Could it be Weber in exchange for RyJo, Hartnell and +???

See previous statement re: public lynchings in the Arena District.

I get not wanting to give up Jones, but quite frankly, there's only two (2) Nashville defensemen that the Jackets would find acceptable in a Johansen trade, and he's one of them (just barely). And the other has the best value-for-money contract in the NHL so he isn't going anywhere.

* * *​
I don't believe they want Ribs. They don't have anything to do with him.

This. He's not useful to the Jackets at all, really.

* * *​
As Drake mentioned CBJ isn't contending now they wanna load up draft picks.

Nothing could be further from the truth. The Jackets are interested in fixing the blueline and expect to be competitive afterward as a direct result.

* * *​
The big salary name they will be including will not be Hartnell. And if Poile takes that cap dump lord help this team.

Hartnell would presently be tied with Josi as the Preds' leading scorer in overall points and tied with Neal for most goals scored. He is not a cap dump by any stretch of the imagination.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Also there's zero chance it's Ribeiro that would be included in the deal. The issue right now is that we have one top 6 center and then two bottom 6 centers that alternate at number 2. Adding Johansen but losing Ribeiro just makes the hole look different.

Infinite Jest

Apr 26, 2013
Please read the post before speaking. That is the entire problem with most here. You have tunnel vision.

I think being completely out of touch with reality and hating certain players no matter what is also a big problem... You're trying to imply that Poile would take Clarkson back. That's so insane that there isn't any point in discussing it. Some people are only happy when they're unhappy and try their best to spoil everyone else's fun too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad