The Free Agency/Trades Thread (Proposals, Speculation, Rumors) III

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Will Son

An Army of One
Feb 15, 2010
Nashville
I have a feeling if we make a trade it will be for someone no one is talking about.. All these stars that are already "On the Block" and have teams fighting for them will only make their price rise..

RCola88

Jun 4, 2013
Nashville, TN
Does Fish's injury speed up GMDP's decision to make a big move?? Even when #12 is back at 100%, he doesn't need to be the first line center.

It depends on the injury, of course, only they will know exactly. If its bad enough i could see it, but I like Sissons and Calle's game tonight against the Cats. Let's hope we can find some offense

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
This team needs Stamkos.

It would cost at a minimum a 1st round pick and a mid/high level prospect (Fiala, anyone?) just for a deadline rental.

What is the consensus here on a Stamkos rental without knowing if he would be willing to sign here?

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
This team needs Stamkos.

It would cost at a minimum a 1st round pick and a mid/high level prospect (Fiala, anyone?) just for a deadline rental.

What is the consensus here on a Stamkos rental without knowing if he would be willing to sign here?

Take what you think staal is worth and then double it.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
This team needs Stamkos.

We're in no position to trade away a bunch of pieces for a huge rental. We need more than one guy.

PredsHabs

Jul 9, 2013
Lyles,TN
We need a Center, Scoring Winger who is not scared to go in front of net, and another defenseman if we move Jones.

So get Edmonton and Philadelphia on the phone and make the moves.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
Buffalo scouts have attended two games in a row for us (source Justin Bradford twitter)

Has to be one of their many promising centers... at least you would think. Larsson?

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Buffalo scouts have attended two games in a row for us (source Justin Bradford twitter)

Has to be one of their many promising centers... at least you would think. Larsson?

Please be something around Reinhart and a pick for Jones. They are playing him on the wing now due to there center depth and the kid is going to be special. Not like Fiala who seems special but only in a short bus way.

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
I'd love to grab Taylor Hall from Edmonton but that would take Jones + and then who do we flip for a center?

I say jones + for hall
Ellis + Fiala + 1st for #1C (hoping Fiala and the first put a team over the edge.)

And if we're talking Philly...give us Voracek, Simmonds + Konecny/Provorov/Hagg + L. Schenn and a 2nd/3rd for Weber + Wilson/Smith + Aberg + Mazanec + Trenin/Sissons
That's a lot I know.

And please understand I'm not advocating for all of these trades but definitely something around the players involved of 2 of the 3. And I understand the Philly proposal seems like a lot but we could still get a kings ransom for Weber this year and next. And that is a kings ransom, but hey, they keep giroux and we can try to stick it to em and give them the contract they wanted Weber on in the first place.

That trade proposal seems a little absurd but I mean, Weber is that crucial to us.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Now I know a GM is going to deny deny deny, but Poile has gone on record as of yesterday saying that Jones is staying put.

[fieldset=Nashville Post]To all those waiting and watching for the Nashville Predators to trade defenseman Seth Jones for a high-scoring forward or two, David Poile has a message.

“That’s not happening,” the general manager told the Nashville Post on Thursday.

“He gets better all the time,” Poile said. “He’s very focused. I can’t think of how I’d want him to prepare any better. The defensive part of his game is probably a little ahead of the offensive part of the game but he’s being put in a lot of situations like the power play where he’s going to get more opportunities to improve in that area.

“I think Seth is going to be just a terrific defenseman. I see continual improvement for several years to come.”

Just don’t expect to see him in anything other than a Predators’ uniform.

http://nashvillepost.com/blogs/post...de_not_part_of_predators_plans_for_seth_jones

[/fieldset]

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
I'd love to grab Taylor Hall from Edmonton but that would take Jones + and then who do we flip for a center?

I say jones + for hall
Ellis + Fiala + 1st for #1C (hoping Fiala and the first put a team over the edge.)

And if we're talking Philly...give us Voracek, Simmonds + Konecny/Provorov/Hagg + L. Schenn and a 2nd/3rd for Weber + Wilson/Smith + Aberg + Mazanec + Trenin/Sissons
That's a lot I know.

And please understand I'm not advocating for all of these trades but definitely something around the players involved of 2 of the 3. And I understand the Philly proposal seems like a lot but we could still get a kings ransom for Weber this year and next. And that is a kings ransom, but hey, they keep giroux and we can try to stick it to em and give them the contract they wanted Weber on in the first place.

That trade proposal seems a little absurd but I mean, Weber is that crucial to us.
There's no way we could trade 2 defensemen.

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
There's no way we could trade 2 defensemen.

We definitely could. Especially if we get a top 4 dman back. Like literally a 4th defenseman. Chicago has won cups with 2 elite dmen and 1 perfect example of borderline elite in Keith, Seabrook and Hjalmarsson respectively. And then basically 3 role playing d men.

It's cut and dry. We need offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad