The Free Agency/Trades Thread (Proposals, Speculation, Rumors) III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
I agree that Hartnell has real value, and he would fit multiple needs for us: Net presence, goal scorer, edge.

The contract is good right now. We are all assuming a drop off, which to some degree is likely, but I agree with DCPS, it can be lived with.

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
EK says top flight defenseman and veteran forward... Josi, Jones, and Weber both would command Ryan Johansen without any additional pieces. Ekholm is considered to have top pairing potential right? Same with Ellis- Are both top flight? Perhaps.

Veteran Fwd.. Don't think it would be Gaustad, Nystrom, Fisher, or Ribeiro. Both Smith and Wilson could be considered veterans. Smith is the more valuable piece.

Maybe its Ekholm +Smith for Johansen?

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
EK says top flight defenseman and veteran forward... Josi, Jones, and Weber both would command Ryan Johansen without any additional pieces. Ekholm is considered to have top pairing potential right? Same with Ellis- Are both top flight? Perhaps.

Veteran Fwd.. Don't think it would be Gaustad, Nystrom, Fisher, or Ribeiro. Both Smith and Wilson could be considered veterans. Smith is the more valuable piece.

We don't have any LHD worth a damn, after the first 2, the DMan is coming from the RH Department.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Let's just say if that atrocity happened there would be a public lynching in the Arena District shortly afterward.

High-Demand Low-Availability Positions. #1C or #1D. That is the alpha and the omega of any Johansen trade. Neither of those two fill that. Or would y'all accept William Karlsson and Scott Hartnell for Jones? :)

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013
Let's just say if that atrocity happened there would be a public lynching in the Arena District shortly afterward.

High-Demand Low-Availability Positions. #1C or #1D. That is the alpha and the omega of any Johansen trade. Neither of those two fill that. Or would y'all accept William Karlsson and Scott Hartnell for Jones? :)

Never forget the Golden Rule of Hfboards poster trades: your player is always not worth much and our players are always worth more.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
Jones + Wilson + pick of some kind for RyJo and Hartnell makes a whole lot of sense to me. I'd do it in a heart beat. Throw in Nystrom if Columbus would add a bottom pairing d-man not named Prout.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Eklund just stirring the pot I guess.....

Untitled2_1.jpg

.....He also responded to another poster saying that Ellis won't be moved. Grains of salt.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Hypothetically, because it's Ek, if those two are in the mix, I assume Jones would need to be as well.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Hypothetically, because it's Ek, if those two are in the mix, I assume Jones would need to be as well.
I believe him with his RyJo/Hartnell theory, but if his statement that Ellis won't be moved is also to be believed that pretty much seals the fate of Jones.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
I'm torn with this situation. Usually, I don't believe anything Eklund says but right now he might be pretty close. Last year he said that Jagr was coming here. Interesting times.. we shall see.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
If Ek says it, then it is not happening. The guy just likes to stir the pot with the fans and generate traffic to his site and that's it.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
If Ek says it, then it is not happening. The guy just likes to stir the pot with the fans and generate traffic to his site and that's it.
Believe me I don't think Eklund is the Holy Grail of rumor accuracy. The issue is in this case, half the league is in on the Johansen to the Preds rumor. If it doesn't happen he's certainly not the only one who missed. It's not like he pulled this out of nowhere and people think he's crazy for it. It's rare for him to say something and for most people to actually believe it has validity.

GeauxPreds

Jul 5, 2013
The only reason I will even slightly believe this rumor has a chance is because neither Columbus nor Nashville are huge fanbases that would drive a lot of traffic to his website.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
If Jones is involved then it's probably not happening. Poile went on recored as saying he's not moving Jones. At the end of the day whom do we believe, EK or Poile?

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
To acquire any high caliber player we almost have to deal Jones. Obviously because he's the most desired by other teams, but also because of future salary considerations. We have enough money under the cap right now to give Jones and Forsberg their raises next year, I have no doubt that's why we are exactly where we are in salary structure this year. But if you add a Johansson or RNH or Duchene to the team, there simply won't be enough money to retain all three for more than a year. Ellis and Eckholm's deals fit. Jones' won't if we really get a 1st line center.

and as far as Eklund, I usually pay zero attention to his wild guess trades. Unless it's something involving the preds. Like trig said, Eklund has been much more accurate about pred deals than anyone else. he obviously has some key contacts inside pred management, probably more so than he does with most other teams.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
He didn't say he wouldn't, he said he didn't want to touch his defense, but that's all anyone wants. There really isn't an impactful trade to be made otherwise.

He did say a trade with Jones was not happening. Granted that was a month ago and opinions do change, but he did say it.

[fieldset=Nashville Post]
To all those waiting and watching for the Nashville Predators to trade defenseman Seth Jones for a high-scoring forward or two, David Poile has a message.

“That’s not happening,” the general manager told the Nashville Post on Thursday.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/blogs...de_not_part_of_predators_plans_for_seth_jones
[/fieldset]

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
everytime I think of Hartnell and all of his prime years we let get away from us I always think back to his last year here with us and cuss Peterson. Handtrick and I were fairly tight to the team that year, and at the Pred ball that year, right when Hartnell was in his contract year and negotiations were at an impass. Handtrick and I were having a drink with Hartnell and asked him ok, let's solve this contract deal. What would it take for you to sign a 4 year deal with Nashville? If they give you 3 mil a year for 4 years would you take it? Hartnell and his wife told us, "would sign that deal tomorrow". We then walked over to Peterson and told him what Hartnell would sign for, and Peterson laughed and said, no way would we give Hartnell 3 million a year and I wouldn't even approach Poile with that. Would have been a steal. Have disliked Peterson ever since lol

PredsHabs

Jul 9, 2013
Lyles,TN

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
"Top flight defenseman and a veteran forward" is what EK reported.

Then Wilson moves to C in practice yesterday.

So my guess is something around.

Jones + Ribeiro

For

Johansen + Hartnell

Then we run this top six.

Forsberg-Johansen-Neal
Hartnell-Wilson-Smith

Or something close to that.

Gotta say...I LOVE that top line :popcorn:

MrJoshua

Mar 24, 2010
Decatur, AL
I wonder if the "veteran forward" might be Hodgson. That would make room to push Fisher down to the third line.

edit: Not that I really expect CBJ to go for that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad