GDT: The Final Four: Devils @ Canadiens, 7 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Rey Ordonez. I was psyched on him early. Thought he was gonna be legendary. I remember him getting the nickname the Cuban missile crisis, which must have been given to any Cuban born player that could hit or throw. Only with Ordonez, that nickname was quite ironic and maybe that was the point. All 12 of his career (home runs) missiles. :laugh:

Is Isringhausen really HOF caliber? I don’t see him getting in, but maybe I just wasn’t paying enough attention to him/MLB through the later half of his career?

Isringhausen retired with 300 saves.

I remember the one season Ordonez hit like .270 and everybody was like, "ZOMG, he learned to hit!" He hit like .150 the next season then got hurt. :laugh:

newjerseydamo

May 15, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
www.puck-mad.com
They have his rights and is RFA until 30.6. :D
NHL CBA FAQ - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Specifically:
Is there a deadline to sign players each year?

Restricted Free Agents who do not sign contracts by December 1 of a given year will be ineligible to play within the league for the remainder of that season.

Can't play this season, so RFA/rights mean nothing. It's UFA on July 1st or nothing.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Wow... and there's the Lovejoy penalty at the end. What the hell was he thinking? It was a crosscheck to the face.

Also, on the Hall goal, I don't think I heard Price slapping his stick on the ice to tell his team the man was coming out of the box.
Watching the replay, I can't clearly hear anything from Price. You can hear someone yell "5 on 4" as Petry winds up, but I doubt that's him. If Price had let them know, Petry probably wouldn't have launched that shot into Zajac's chest.

Reactions: Nubmer6

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
I was heading to the game thinking that Schneider would get the start and that I wouldn't see Lovejoy unless someone got injured... ended up stricking out on both predictions.

As everyone knows, I'm not the biggest Severson fan here but Lovejoy is just horrible... the game is too fast for him, he's constantly turning the puck over, can't clear the zone even on the PK, can't skate, isn't productive in the offensive zone, etc.

What a win. We battled real hard and for a back to back game, we got a HUGE 2 pts in a game that could've slipped away from us quickly.

Reactions: Devils Dominion

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I was heading to the game thinking that Schneider would get the start and that I wouldn't see Lovejoy unless someone got injured... ended up stricking out on both predictions.

As everyone knows, I'm not the biggest Severson fan here but Lovejoy is just horrible... the game is too fast for him, he's constantly turning the puck over, can't clear the zone even on the PK, can't skate, isn't productive in the offensive zone, etc.

What a win. We battled real hard and for a back to back game, we got a HUGE 2 pts in a game that could've slipped away from us quickly.

Agree

I Hate Tie DOMI

Jul 2, 2002
Ontario
Wow... and there's the Lovejoy penalty at the end. What the hell was he thinking? It was a crosscheck to the face.

Also, on the Hall goal, I don't think I heard Price slapping his stick on the ice to tell his team the man was coming out of the box.

I don't blame Lovejoy for that for a second. Montreal guy was hacking away at the leg and arm of Kinkaid trying to free the puck to score the tying goal. Lovejoy cleared him out of there and made it stop.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
I don't blame Lovejoy for that for a second. Montreal guy was hacking away at the leg and arm of Kinkaid trying to free the puck to score the tying goal. Lovejoy cleared him out of there and made it stop.

The only good play Lovejoy made on that sequence is that he got himself off the ice for a full 2 minutes.

I don't care who's waking away for a rebound, you don't assault someone in the face when you're already one man down. Granted, that play kind of led, indirectly, to the GWG but whatever... the guy shouldn't be in our lineup for the remainder of the year and the post season, period.

I despised a certain#28 for a long time when he was screwing up 24-7 several years ago. Now that he's gone, Lovejoy is our new anchor.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
The only good play Lovejoy made on that sequence is that he got himself off the ice for a full 2 minutes.

I don't care who's waking away for a rebound, you don't assault someone in the face when you're already one man down. Granted, that play kind of led, indirectly, to the GWG but whatever... the guy shouldn't be in our lineup for the remainder of the year and the post season, period.

I despised a certain#28 for a long time when he was screwing up 24-7 several years ago. Now that he's gone, Lovejoy is our new anchor.
Karel Rachunek?

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site

Guys get hit like that when they're hacking the goalie every friggen game. With Hornqvist it probably happens every period or every shift. Let's not pretend it was a horrible play rather than a horrible call.

Reactions: glenwo2

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Last night's game felt like some epic poetic justice finally for getting boned all year long by the officials.

I am so giddy about this upcoming week. So close I can taste it!

Reactions: glenwo2

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
Guys get hit like that when they're hacking the goalie every friggen game. With Hornqvist it probably happens every period or every shift. Let's not pretend it was a horrible play rather than a horrible call.

The guy lunged over Kinkaid and crosschecked the guy in the face.

Let's not be homers here. If it would've happened to any of our guys, we would've started a riot if they wouldn't of called anything.

Reactions: Nubmer6

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
If Ben Lovejoy made the same play, but didn't get the guys grillface with his stick, it would be a great, tough, hockey play. He's extremely fortunate that we got out of that 5 on 3 without losing the game and instead with a lead. Not sure he was that noticeable otherwise, which was a good thing.

Severson should come back in, and that is that. I think coach was giving Severson a short mental break/maintenence and he'll be back for the remainder of season. It was a back to back game, so I wouldn't dig too much into that scratching.

Reactions: Devils Dominion
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad