GDT: The Final Four: Devils @ Canadiens, 7 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
Hall is on a whole other level. He made that goal from out of the box look routine, as if the outcome was a foregone conclusion.

The entire sequence involves a multitude of skills but the execution looked like a singular, fluid, and flawless masterstroke.

Big props to the club on the kill and Zajac with the block and all important pass.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Alex Ochoa and generation K Is my first Mets misery.

Mr 5 tools himself Alex Ochoa. And don't forget perennial home run king Butch Huskey.

Did you know Jason Isringhausen popped up on the HoF ballot? I remember when he came off surgery on his arm in 1996. He was making a rehab start to start the 1997 season when he broke his wrist punching a Gatorade cooler. Dumbass

hayen

Apr 7, 2017
I don't understand why they think their team is so much better and that it's just one player better than anyone on their team that's dragging us.

Their top 6 is better than ours (Barkov is having a monster season, but not Hall-like), but their bottom 6 is weaker than ours. They have 4 or 5 pretty good forwards, then a bunch of malarkey. Their defense isn't as bad as I previously thought. Luongo is better than us in goal, but Reimer is pretty just whatever.

Reilly Smith or (and) Marchessault sure would have helped.
They clearly are doing something wrong. As far as KK/Luongo, KK has been better than Luongo since he got his groove mid Feb. in the end it's winning and they aren't doing it and thee devils are

Reactions: Bleedred

hayen

Apr 7, 2017
I was 9 years old back then. I was more interested in playing TAG outside the house with my friends than watching sports on TV. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
I feel old but glad I remember that year because it's had to last me a long time

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Hall just can't stop being amazing. This is insane. Such a beautiful play by Zajac too. Kinkaid came up strong again, he's been insane. This all feels like bizzaro world after the last 5 seasons we have had to deal with. I fvcking love the heart and hunger of this team. Would love to see Carolina pull off a win tomorrow so we have a shot at clinching on Tuesday.

I'm a big WWE fan and I go to WrestleMania every year but I setup my flight back in November so I wouldn't miss a possible playoff clinching game on Thursday and with the way this is all shaping up it's certainly looking like it could happen if it doesn't happen Tuesday.

LETS GO DEVILS!!! WOOOOOOO!

Last edited:

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I was 9 years old back then. I was more interested in playing TAG outside the house with my friends than watching sports on TV. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I was 10, athletically challenged, but watched every sport I could on TV, even NASCAR!:laugh:

I was as nerdy with baseball stats/pitching stats back then as I am with goalies today.

I just lost interest in football before high school (other than casually) and still continued to watch baseball, but not every game and just started loving hockey the most in my teens.

One other appealing aspect of hockey that caused me to be more drawn to it around my early teens was that I was always an outcast and went against the norms. ''Different'' stuff always appealed to me and in America, hockey is the ultimate ''Different'' sport. At least in most regions of the country. :nod:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
They clearly are doing something wrong. As far as KK/Luongo, KK has been better than Luongo since he got his groove mid Feb. in the end it's winning and they aren't doing it and thee devils are
I've been a very vocal critic of Florida all season long. I even predicted them to be a bottom 5 team before the season started, after just handing guys over to Vegas.

Reactions: OmNomNom

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Hall just can't stop being amazing. This is insane. Such a beautiful play by Zajac too. Kinkaid came up strong again, he's been insane. This all feels like bizzaro world after the last 5 seasons we have had to deal with. I fvcking love the heart and hungry of this team. Would love to see Carolina pull off a win tomorrow so we have a shot at clinching on Tuesday.

I'm a big WWE fan and I go to WrestleMania every year but I setup my flight back in November so I wouldn't miss a possible playoff clinching game on Thursday and with the way this is all shaping up it's certainly looking like it could happen if it doesn't happen Tuesday.

LETS GO DEVILS!!! WOOOOOOO!

Is Wrestlmania in New Orleans?

Reactions: Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I imagine you have your hotel lined up but if you need recommendations for food let me know.

Yup I've been all set with that stuff for almost a year now but that would be awesome, I'm not super picky, just don't anything that's fish which I know is big down there. I had a blast when it was there for Mania 30 and can't wait to go this week.

I literally made the avatar like 2 hours ago haha. at the time i was making this

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/posts/143877945/

Haha that's fantastic. I'm definitely getting a Taylor club shirt made up now too, I wish I had it for this weekend but I hate talking hockey with non Devils fans anyway lol

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Haha that's fantastic. I'm definitely getting a Taylor club shirt made up now too, I wish I had it for this weekend but I hate talking hockey with non Devils fans anyway lol

nice haha, I dont recall seeing your name around the Wrestling board, do you post there?

Reactions: Satans Hockey

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't understand how Hall is only 7th in the league in points.

Feels like he should be top 3, top 5 at worst. I know he's missed like 4 games, but it just feels like he should be higher than that.

I feel like he will win the Hart, then I think he won't. It's hard to say. I didn't realize Claude Giroux had 95 points this year. I know MacKinnon was ahead of him. I'm gonna be really annoyed if they give to Malkin. I'd actually rather see Giroux get it than Malkin, as the Pens are stacked and have 3 guys with over 85 points and they could potentially have three 90 point scorers. Hall is the only 90 point (technically 89, but he has 3 games to get to 90) scorer here. The Lightning have two 85+ point scorers, Kucherov isn't their only point scorer in that vicinity. I already know this isn't how it's voted though.

MacKinnon and Hall should be the top 2 finalists, unless the Avs don't make it. I feel like McDavid will be one of the three finalist, but he won't win it.

Give it to Hall or MacKinnon.

We only have two guys over 50 points this year. Palms would have gotten probably 55-ish if he hadn't missed all the time. Maybe Mojo gets 50 if he hadn't missed most of the season for different ailments.

Reactions: Blackjack

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I wish they would go out of the box and give it to the player that's on a team that easily doesn't make the playoffs if not for that player. And not a guy that scores 800 points on a team that had 110+ points in the standings, which also has multiple other 75-80 point guys.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Hall would have more assists if his linemates weren't teenagers that both went through long droughts. The fact that Hall kept producing should only bolster his chances, but who knows how the voter actually decide.
I think Nico turning it on in goal scoring (has 3 games to score a goal and hit 20 on the season) might have helped catapult those assist numbers a bit.

Nico had only 5 goals in his first 35 games this season. A lot of us thought he might just be a Scott Gomez-like low goal scorer, who didn't even hit 15 goals in a lot of his seasons.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
nice haha, I dont recall seeing your name around the Wrestling board, do you post there?

There's one on here? I post here and there in the entertainment section on the Devils section about it but I rarely venture out into the rest of HF boards so if there's one there I had no idea lol

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I was getting ready to bump the Taylor Hall for Larsson trade thread, but then I remembered it was locked and we had like 3-4 threads about it after that haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad