CFL: The CFL Thread: Part VI

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
LOL

In a year in which there were no great teams, no great players I guess it’s fitting that a mediocre at best team like Montreal end up as the “Champs.”

Sad day for the league that this is the best they have to offer up

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
LOL

In a year in which there were no great teams, no great players I guess it’s fitting that a mediocre at best team like Montreal end up as the “Champs.”

Sad day for the league that this is the best they have to offer up
We Are The Champions of The World. Als offense was mediocre but the defense got better as the season went on.

Reactions: MM917

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

It's hard to believe that is the best play the Bombers could come up with. Like, you are not THAT far away from the end zone. Go for the Hail Mary.

Lol thats crazy.

I've never seen that before.... My brain is automatically looking for flags after that.

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
The good news for us regular guys is that if morons like Maas and DM can win a GC any one can.

We Are The Champions of The World. Als offense was mediocre but the defense got better as the season went on.

Champions of a very small part of the world but you are right the defense did play well today, they deserve credit for that.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
People slept on Montreal's defense. Even today, unforced errors gave Winnipeg a chunk of their points. After the way they clowned a 16-2 team a week ago I'm surprised they were such heavy underdogs today.

Dust

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Can someone explain Sheahan's decision to kick that ball on the final play?

I am confused what the heck that was about, lol.

There were a number of players onside behind the kicker when he punted it so they would all be eligible to recover the kick. But the decision only makes sense when you can completely catch the other team by surprise, not when there's like 8 defenders back deep.

MM917

Aug 18, 2022
LOL No credit is harsh but this is as bad a team to win the Cup as I can remember including the 2001 Stamps team that was sub-.500.

Winnipeg (who I hate this version of) played as bad as they could and still Montreal needed some luck to beat them.

Dust

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
LOL No credit is harsh but this is as bad a team to win the Cup as I can remember including the 2001 Stamps team that was sub-.500.

Winnipeg (who I hate this version of) played as bad as they could and still Montreal needed some luck to beat them.

Not even in the same stratosphere as the 2001 Stamps team. That team was 8-10. Montreal was 11-7 and had a +50 point differential which was close to BC.

Why is everyone so afraid of giving Montreal some credit? They knocked off the two best teams in back to back weeks. It just sounds like sour grapes coming from the Bombers not giving them credit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad